2019-02-20 04:02:03

The entitlement drives me nuts.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-02-20 04:41:22

also ironcross, where'd you hear about that one mode with platforms. I've never heard of this...

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-02-20 05:33:02

I think on one of his coding streams he does.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-02-20 08:41:40

I should start charging a Beatstar subscription fee of 10 dollars a week just to shut you up. Mwahahahahaha
No, I won't, don't worry.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2019-02-20 09:10:51

Moderation:

Mahdi-Abedi, this is an official caution. Post 2 mentions that Scramble is an unreleased beta of a game from the creater of Oh Shit. In post 3, you nevertheless posted a link to something else entirely, which had nothing to do with the request in post 1. This is not a horrible thing on its own, but it's not very nice, either. If you don't know an answer or don't want to help, it's totally to not do so. But please don't deliberately give misinformation when you have every reason to know it's false. There were at least two or three minutes between posts, so it can be assumed that you probably saw the post before yours prior to writing what you did and finding a link.

I say this next as a forum user, not as a mod.

For someone who wants to improve themselves, I'm afraid there's definitely been a lack of evidence there. I do not mean to be harsh in that regard, but I was hoping you meant what you said, and it appears my faith may have been a touch hasty.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-02-20 09:38:14

Come on guys, take a chill pill for a change.

The game will be out when the dev thinks it's the right time to release the product to the market and the targeted audience.

Also, for those who can't pay, well, ask your parrents, relatives or whom ever you have around.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-02-20 10:14:40

can anyone give me some info about this game or where i could download liams stream i'm interested, according to the posts above it'll be a cool game.

2019-02-20 17:19:49

Ethin wrote:

@keithwipf1, ah, so your saying that people who are suffering the under 15 age money limits or the pay pal incompatible countries or currency conversion things, as you put it, should get the games for free, but those who don't suffer these issues shouldn't and should be required to pay. I'm sorry, that's not how the world works. You want something, you gotta pay for it. Your location or what your suffering, or whether you have PayPal or not, or whether you have a debit card or not, is completely irrelevant. Still gotta pay! There are those who are willing to pay for something for you, and then your getting it for free... but in essence your still paying for it, just through someone or something else.

Really? I was correcting post 15. No where in there does it say that some people should get it free, but if you wanna think something silly go ahead.

2019-02-20 18:24:08

Hi!
32, you can watch the stream here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEVnK4yMBG8

Personally, if it'll be payed when it comes out, I will gladly buy it.

2019-02-20 21:06:56 (edited by Ethin 2019-02-20 21:08:17)

@33, you were pretty much implying that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a game being paid. By posting what you did, you implied, directly or indirectly, that there is a problem with games being paid, and, by extension, games shouldn't be paid, owing to the fact that people under 15 usually don't have money or are very limited on their spending (which is very reasonable and understandable), people not having PayPal in their country, or people who have to pay extra because of currency conversion. Here is the problem with both the second and third points: most people who sell games have to use PayPal. That is a fact. And there is a good reason for it. By far, PayPal makes the process of becoming a merchant very easy. Is it the best idea? Yes and no. Yes, because almost everyone has a PayPal account, and no, because its not available in some countries. But let's look at the (popular?) WooCommerce plugin for WordPress that lets you create your own online store: in total, it supports a large range of payment processors, including Stripe, Amazon Pay, PayFast, Square, PayPal (PayPal checkout and PayPal Powered by Braintree), Authorize.Net AIM, PayPal Pro, Authorize.Net CIM, FirstData, Sage Pay, and eWAY, and probably more. All of these have one big issue though -- its hard to manage all of these! The logical option would be to set all of these up and manage them, but damn, 12 payment gateways! And all of them require varying amounts of info or may have manual verification or other strange things in the process. It would be a nightmare! So, to minimize the amount of work people have ot go through, most companies set up 1 or 2 gateways for entering debit cards on the site and processing it or using something like PayPal. There are those that set up more, but 1 or 2 is usually the most common.
So, instead of complaining about how people suffer under-15 spending limits, don't have PayPal in their countries, or have to deal with conversion rates, why don't you find a solution to the first two? Or at least encourage people to broaden their horizon of payment gateways a bit. Conversion rates are impossible to eliminate, unfortunately. That will always remain and all you can do is put up with that.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-02-20 21:14:17

the ultimate solution to this all is to put your games on steam so we could buy them haha

2019-02-21 13:47:50

He'd need a steam green light for that, etc etc, not very likely for an audiogame. How about hitch.io? Or whatever that platform's name is

2019-02-21 14:23:33

we don't know this game will be pay or free until dev step in and announce official status so wait of cause  patient

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.
everyone can collect in everyday.
:d

2019-02-22 04:45:15

sorry steevo: I am two exyted at that time: so; this game is going to be free; or pade; I dont no: well if this game is pade; i'l gladly problom: 1: I dont have a pay pal; and pay pal doesnt compatible to my countrey: 2: this i'l ancer: @ eethin: if you want to make everyone pay: you must understand where the peeple livs; and where the peeple is at; and what's the condition of the peeple: so; I dont no; steevo; the developer of this 3 d oh shit kind of game; will tell us

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2019-02-22 06:03:44

1. The game will be paid; costing $10 USD.
2. You'll have a demo. It'll probably be where you get to play normal mode, but nothing will save, nothing will accumulate, you can't get achievements, you can't unlock other modes, or any of that. You'll get a feel of the game but nothing else and of course you'll know if it runs on your machine.
3. The game is not released yet.
4. I'll be streaming the platformer mode tomorrow at 6 eastern, 5 central (Pm).
5. Finally, I will release it at final release; no pre-releases. The demo will come out when the paid version does. I'm not going to release a demo so everyone can get burnt out while I work on the paid one.
Also no, I'm not going to go on a tangent about how everyone's entitled for wanting my game for free and how the blind community is rubbish. First of all I know most of you are not rubbish and I actually appreciate most of you for playing, supporting, and being excited about my games, and second of all I know how it feels to be young and want to buy a game but not be able to. All I can say is, folks, get your parents to, or just wait a lil bit. Heck, ask for it for a birthday present or something, it's what I did and... even now still do because I'm in college and don't have much money. smile

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2019-02-22 06:10:38

Also let's not forget there was a period of time in which game request topics were a thing which weren't totally ignored (still think we should have a dedicated forum for that), and givaways were also a thing though the whole thing seems to have slowed down now.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-02-22 06:58:17

Awesome stuff stevo. I'll definitely be buying this one. 10 dollars? I can do with that.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-02-22 08:37:30

When scramble comes out I will be doing a stream/giveaway like I did for tomb hunter, not sure it will be Spanish based or global, because most of my streams are in Spanish. I can already tell I will love this game

2019-02-22 09:37:04

well steevo: if you chose this selectioin: I dint; well cant be; playing your game: so sorry; but you'v just lost a motivation on me!

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2019-02-22 17:14:55

I don't suppose you'd tell us just a little about the basic game play here? Not too much of course.

2019-02-22 17:33:27

@45: Yeah. And on tonight's podcast, I'll play a bit more of it as well as the platformer minigame at the beginning.
So basically you're on a 3d grid. You can walk in all 4 directions, and jump. There are also platforms on the grid, each with a latter in the middle that you can climb to access it. These ladders make a clanking sound to let you know of their position, but stop making it once you're on them.
Your goal is to collect as many items as possible, which will continuously spawn on this map. Unfortunately though, there is a massive pit that will extend from the left border to the right one. It will pop up at the bottom of the map originally, but work its way forward at an ever increasing rate until it consumes the entire field eventually, or you die some other way.
You can delay this, among other things, with power ups though. If you manage to grab 3 items within 8 seconds, a power up will spawn on a platform - it'll be a random one, so once it spawns you have to run around listening for it of course. Now, getting a power up from a platform is not very easy though. The platform has two guards: a rock thrower, and a cannon. When you're on the ground, and you get close to the ladder, the rock thrower will begin throwing rocks at you. Don't just stand there and let it throw, because those things have good aim and could probably hit you quite easily unless you move. Thankfully, they'll stop throwing at you when you move away, or once you step on the ladder.
The next thing is the cannon, though. Once you ascend the ladder, and are standing on the platform, you become subject to the fast moving, dangerous stone balls it shoots. Get hit by one of these? And a huge chunk of health is removed. It doesn't help that these cannons can fire pretty rapidly as well.
However, say you do manage to get the power up even with all these hazards. It will be a super speed, which allows you to collect items faster of course. I forgot to say this, but should you get more than 3 items in 8 seconds, you start getting bonus points! So let's say you get 6 items in 8 seconds, you'll receive a total of 9 points instead of just 6! Trust me, this adds up. In terms of other power ups, we have a god's attention which will destroy a cannon or a rock thrower, thus making one of the platforms a bit safer, a health increase which... we all know what that does, a fortune, which after you collect this, and then run down and get 3 more items within 8 seconds will expand the size of the map, giving you more time, and spawn a new platform, and finally we have the expansion, which will just expand the map forward giving you more space and a little more time of course.
Should your game come to an end via a pit fall, cannon ball, rock, or... yes you lose health from falling from platforms, you'll then get a comprehensive stat report. It's a detailed summary of the game! You also have a local score listing, and if you make it in to that, you can post your score on the board. And on the scoreboard, everyone can click on your kick ass score, and view the summary so they can see exactly the mad skill it took to achieve it! All summaries and such are in menu form, and you can always copy them to the clipboard as well.
And of course there are badges to discover, and multiple unlockable modes that can either be obtained once you've accumulated enough total points, or unlocked (in the case of the minigame bonus level) during game play! When you unlock the modes, in addition to changing game play a bit, you also get new power ups in that mode, as well as some new badges to discover. Not to mention, each mode has its own scoreboard!
Either way, Scramble will have you scrambling to the top for hours as you try to unlock everything it has to offer, and not to mention get addicted to the rather fun and intense arcade play! This is definitely one of these games where you just have to play again to see if you can get a better score.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2019-02-22 18:28:52

Wow! This sounds very fun!
Some mode where you must deal with enemies that run around the map, fall in the pit ETC would be fun.

2019-02-22 18:51:08

mongoo_4044 wrote:

well steevo: if you chose this selectioin: I dint; well cant be; playing your game: so sorry; but you'v just lost a motivation on me!

It's too bad a developer wants to be compensated for their time. Eh? Like. How dare they. Seriously.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven