2019-02-19 19:00:50

Hey everyone.

So, i think we didn't have a topic like that before, I am curious about the things you destroyed or damaged while enjoying or well,  not enjoying a game.

It doesn't matter if it's an audio or video game.
Kicking off my list, two gamepads while playing mortal kombat 2. Ok, everyone who played mortal kombat 2, do I really have to explain why the game is frustrating as hel? I don't think so. For those who didn't play the game, the AI in the game is agressive as fuck and is a pain in the butt to beat.
So, no wonder two gamepads broke after 20 or so trys at the boss fight, Shao Khan is a darn mess in that game.
Next, the Tekken dark resorection UMD. Yep, same thing, boss fight going bad for half an hour or so resulted in me tossing the Tekken DR UMD through the room, making the little disk leave the plastic casing and landing somewhere behind a shelf where it still seams to be up to this day, at leased I think it is still there.
Next, harddrive headcrash while playing super street fighter IV. Yep, this was still the time when the feelings got the better of me while gaming, trashed a harddrive because of slamming down my hand on it one to many times. Luckily, no data was lost, everything was on another backup drive.
Next, multiple things while playing the Nintendo Wii.
Oh, where do I start there. First day when I had the console we were playing Wii Sports Tennis. I forgot putting that little loop over my wrist to keep the controler away from flying out of my hand. Well, you can imagine already I guess, the controler flew and with a loud kravoom, it crashed into the bookshelve right above the tv, knocking some books to the flor.
Some months later I smacked a flower pod clean of a stand next to the TV, and some weeks after that I smacked the controler into someone face because he was walking into the path of my swing while playing baseball.

So, that much from me, now, your turn!

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-02-19 19:22:43

What convinced me to try harder to avoid taking out frustrations on the controllers was the time I cracked the screen on my Nomad. It still worked, but ouch, very tangible reminder.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2019-02-19 19:29:07

Hello,
man something tells me you really really need to stop playing for a while, next time you'll probably throw a cat through the window, blow up a house, burn down a village or a forest!
One day I broke a friend's necklace while playing box on wee sport. That was a pure accident, he just went right in front of me, actually between me and the TV itself so... well, things happen. For the rest, well... when I'm playing games, I generally press buttons, swipe on a screen, and, sometimes, I laugh, grund or talk, but trust me, when games will start to generate such chaotic feelings, I think, or I hope, I'll give up immediatly before destroying all my stuff tongue .
Relax, those are just games!

Best regard,
Simon

2019-02-19 20:50:22 (edited by keithwipf1 2019-02-19 20:52:12)

Haha, but you can still get very obsessed over games.
I'm not sure if I broke anything, but I have sometimes wanted to introduce my laptop to a big rock at 20 miles per hour and see which one
survives the impact.

2019-02-19 21:00:40

I don't think i've broken anything, but I've came damn close!

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-02-19 21:11:54 (edited by Jod 2019-02-19 21:13:36)

i usually damage myself because the table here is so hard that it won't fucking break, though i'm sure that i'm gonna break it one day.
when i'm p laying a multiplayer game, i usually damage the ears of people who are playing with me.

2019-02-19 21:12:29

you know never punch a notebook, i did and my harddrive is damaged, now they want 500 dollars for the file recovery omg omg omg omg omg omg omg!

2019-02-19 21:34:44

I learned long ago to 1, not cuss up a storm when playing a game, and 2, not to go breaking stuff out of frustration when playing a game. I am not Ritch after all. The only things that take a beating are the buttons, and that is only because I'm playing.

2019-02-19 21:44:01

I was playing cosmic rage yesterday. Me and a friend were doing a mission involving 4 Hatchers. For anyone unfamiliar with the game, Hatchers are ships that hang around and bring in other ships if left alive for too long. They don't attack you, they just stand and occasionally move around. The mission sounds easy, right? Well, it wasn't. About 30 ships were on the same square as the Hatcher, so here's an approximate log.
Me: Reloads the warheads: "Die!"
Fire: A hit!
Me: "Damn it! Get the fuck out of my way you stupid ships!"
Repeat that about 30 times, and the Hatchers were still there, protected by the stupid ships. At that point, the Hatcher's timer went off and about 17 motherships jumped into the sector. For anyone who doesn't know, a mothership is one of the most powerful ships in the game. So, 17 of them, right on top of me. I didn't die, but the scream and a dent in my table can show y'all my feelings about the game.
I was playing BK3 and I was on stage 25-4. The biocontrol system was at 1% when an update dialog came up and the biocontrol shot a lightning which killed me. That was the first time my computer flew across the room and smacked into the wall. It will repeat it's journey twice more, with the third time causing my right arrow key to fly out.
The second time I was playing stage 15 in bk2 and I was almost there, almost. I had to jump one more pit. Well, I jump and... Let's just say Yukio wasn't the only person who screamed as they died. My computer sailed across the room to meet the wall a second time.
The third and the last time my computer took a trip to say hello to the wall was when I was playing pipe 2. I was playing insane difficulty, with 9 minutes to spare on level 14. Level 14 was a side scroller, and I almost made it. Almost. 10 or so squares from the end the electricity went off... with me underneath it. 2 screams followed, one from a game character and one from me. After that, a thump was the customary greeting from the computer to the wall, and that's when my right arrow key broke.
So, yeah. Anger management issues, I know. The arrow key still reminds me to hit things that can be easily replaced, like my table. It's rare that I hit anything now, I usually go take a walk beforehand, but it still happens. Hope you've enjoyed this rather long post.

2019-02-19 22:52:27

lol those motherf***king motherships, yeah i sure know them they are pease of shits to kill

2019-02-20 00:04:12

Hmm. Should I go here? ah well, what the hek, this sounds like a humorous thread anyway, so here goes, my funny but somewhat painful crash experience while gaming with my beloved mom who is absolutely not a gammer at all accept for small games like word games and the like. We were playing theme hospital on the playstation original, and I was trying to walk her through how to make the correct selections of staff members to put into the hospital and she just kept on selecting the first person that popped up rather than allowing me to explain to her to press the r1 and l1 buttons to move through the possible staff member choices. Finally, in frustration, after saying to her, "no mom, here's the way to do it," for what seemed like the hundredth time, she finally exclaimed, "what danny! and flung the controller down on the bed unfortunately right at croach and testicle level and the handle caught me right in the left hand member of my family and mom had absolutely no idea of my agony because she was already walking rapidly out of the room and was absolutely broken hearted and apologized very sincerely later after I had shared the occurrence with her. While she doesn't really understand all of what goes on in modern gaming today, she is however happy for me that games are beginning to speak now and have accessibility built into them. And before you all right me letters of sympathy, I'd like for you all to know that my mom loves me with all of her heart and would give her life for me if it meant saving mine and she would do anything in the world for me and noone had better say anything bad about mom within arms length of me or there'll be trouble. Anyway, that's my experience, and it was actually my mom and late Aunt who helped me find my passion for gaming.

2019-02-20 00:35:40

I've broken a lot of shit, gamepads, I snapped one in half one time where the two pieces came apart separately in each hand. I've broken multiple keyboards by chucking them across the room, then getting up and stomping on them. Never a laptop, though I've smacked them and flung them back before. I once punched my flat panel monitor because someone overtook me on TDU (test drive unlimited). The monitor traveled probably 6 inches and slammed into the wall behind it.

Not related to gaming, I bought a new phone back in like 2006 or so. It was a refurbished phone of the same type I did have, but they screwed it up somehow with the software which was buggy. It was being stupid one day and I flung it across the room where it hit a dresser and snapped apart. There were 3 pieces, the keypad, the screen, and the battery pack came off the back.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-02-20 00:40:55

And they say castrating mother is a legend, a simple expression...

2019-02-20 08:45:47

Hahahaha. Funny topic for sure.
I haven't broken something yet in frustration while gaming, but it has been close a few times. However, I have played Rockband so much that one of the guitars broke, sending the batteries and a few buttons across the room. I played Playstation so much that one of the controllers broke, but that was not in frustration.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-02-20 09:39:38

Hi.
Oh yeah, rock band was also an interesting experience, it was some dragon force song in which I broke the kick pedal of the drum set, they seam to be quite flimsy when you check for similar experiences on the web.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-02-20 17:34:31

Off topic!
I want a game where you can throw you're computer into a wall and use you're screen as a club ish thing!
Oh boy would that be fun.

2019-02-20 23:08:32

I prefer hitting the table anymore. I am in the same room with my brother. Once I got angry at something that I don't remember and hit the table so hard that both of our computers shut down. I don't have an idea about how that happened.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2019-02-21 02:20:38 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2019-02-21 02:35:13)

When I lose audio Games  I start to yell. It starts out as words, but overtime deteriorates into an incoherent string of syllables if even that.  I put together a compilation of parts of recordings of it, which  caused my friend to question my sanity when he heard it. Some of the screens in that recording are almost unhuman. Perhaps I’ve already damage my vocal chords beyond repair. I don’t know.

I remember once while playing beat star I cut my finger on a spot on my keyboard where there was no longer a key and two pieces of metal were sticking up.  That drew blood.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-02-21 03:46:07

This topic is awesome lol. So far, i haven’t broke anything while gaming. However i really have tried hard to crash my table but it won’t fucking break.
I broke my phone once though.
It’s many years ago so im afraid i don’t remember it very well but here goes:
I was in school, it was just a terrible day, i was tired, frustrated and just in a bad mood.
So I decided to call my mom and said i was sick. While we were talking, my teacher decided to enter the room.
She apparently hird what i told my mom, and off course she started to say something like you can’t just do that.
That pissed me so much off, so with out saying anything, I decided to throw my phone across the room and right into a wall.
Let us just say, it didn’t survived that.

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

2019-02-21 08:19:37

Hmmm.
I have gone through a few laptop keyboards while button bashing.
Originally I got an older board for office work which was external but I have had a gaming board for 5 years now, and I can beat it into the ground and it doesn't break.
Pluss its got a really high res software package in it and I am sure my typing has increased in speed with this thing.

2019-02-22 09:54:29

hello
instresting topic: I have broken 2 key bords: the first one is that I am playing crazy party; and I dont remember witch game i playing; that flying bote; I raged and have my key bord smasht in to a lamp near my computer: unfortchinitly; all of the buttans broke; accept the space key: I think space key was the mother key; just like mothership: second one is a external keybord: wile I was playing bk3 in stage 193: I brocke my left aro; rite aro; and up aro at the same time: yeah that was a pritty stupidest i'v ever did wile gaming: hope you enjoyd: now i'l have to smash my laptop in to a wall because I want to lol; and @ hu askt destroying computers or laptop; table flipper is a good choice for: it's just like a modern warfare when lot of objects are added

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2019-02-23 14:24:46

I never sent a controller or laptop flying, but there was a time where I would challenge myself to use my laptop's keyboard for playing fighting games, and my down arrow, which was used for many moves, didn't like the ordeal too much.
@Simba: I can't imagine what your situation would be with regular Tekken 5 on the PS2, I always remember vanilla Jinpachi being more brutal than Dark Resurrection Jinpachi.