2018-12-27 21:49:54

If you use android, go download QQ messenger, and sign up. I think my sign up failure is linked to the fact that I use my Android device as a secondary thing and it doesn't have a sim in it associated with the number. I mean maybe the service sucks I dunno.

2018-12-27 22:03:10

You don't need to have a sim, but you do have to sign up either with a phone number, or an email. If your phone number doesn't work, try putting 001 in front of it and using it again.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-12-27 22:10:52

I installed it in the morning, the voice that greeted me skared me to death, do not know, it was freaking weird, but after using it, my Nokia 3 seems snapyer, works flawlessly and is nice, over all.
I have a single question, can someone help me understand the gestures please?
I know double taping works, up and down to navigate trough items, but I can not, for the love of God, learn other gestures, or I did not know where to look.
Any advice is apreciated.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-12-27 22:24:41

@75, for now I need to be a kind of messenger between you and the developer. You can contact me privately on the following E-mail
[email protected]

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2018-12-28 03:30:14

My Chinese students have told me about 2 country specific screen readers for android. One was called dian mi, and the other was Bao Mi. Which is this one, or is this a 3rd? I remember trying to sign up using the international version of qq over 2 years ago, and needing a Chinese person to do it because the international version didn't read part of the log-in screen. The international version had weird things that didn't read so well sometimes. The basic Chinese version seems to be the best of the 3 apps for qq messenger I've tried on ios so far. It can get a lot of spam though.

2018-12-28 04:30:28

I use the international version on Android, because I'm too lazy to switch voices and languages. This is a screen reader different from the other two you mentioned. QQ is definitely not a perfect platform... but you work with what you can, given all the internet censorship there.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-12-29 02:55:28

Hi,
Have a curiosity type question.
If I change Android's system language for example to Chinese, does it changes the screen reader's language? That's because I want to translate it into spanish. Let me try if it Works.

73 Wj3u

2018-12-29 05:34:58

Again, you need to get permission to translate it. It's a commercial product. Can't do it just on your own.

2019-01-04 13:45:36

hello,
How is the full translation of this product coming alng?

But sometimes the world is better without sight...
Because You can see the world how it really is...
Dark.

2019-01-04 19:24:23

Gesture descriptions aren't translated yet, but the settings panel sure is. It's a winner as far as I'm concerned. Not quite ready to be a daily driver, but good for experimentation. Which is fantastic, because unlike Shine Plus they really don't have the field to themselves as talkback rapidly improves. The fact they realized that and made the extra elements like this supposed app-bar, per-app gesture configuration, actual interactive screen ocr? and all this makes it actually stand up to its price.

2019-01-04 20:02:04

@jack:
So, has the translation been updated from it's innicial release, if so, when was it last updated?
Also, how do you know it's worth the price when it, from what I can tell, can't be purchased internationally, and if it can, are the functions you unlock after you pay translated?

But sometimes the world is better without sight...
Because You can see the world how it really is...
Dark.

2019-01-05 00:32:12

The translation hasn't been updated yet from what I"m aware, and the ocr actually has seeing ai like functions as well, apparently. Given the hassle of an international purchase, I would be interested in at least a trial or would be happy if they offered contribution ability in some other means.

2019-01-25 14:17:14

Going to revive it since I'm asking a kinda stupid question, but has been any news since this day? We didn't heard something new here.

73 Wj3u

2019-01-28 14:10:38 (edited by queenslight 2019-01-28 14:12:01)

So here's something a bit  sad really...

You know that popular TV and movies app called "Netflix" right? The one app which works on most platforms while using a screen reader while watching the show (except with an original Android" device? (We aren't talking " VoiceView" and/or " Fire OS" here...)

Well, the problem not surprisingly, is any screen reader based off of the "TalkBack" "framework!" I am referring to the " Play" controls found on the screen, while a show is playing. Ya have to lock/unlock your phone, in order for them to show up  for about 5 seconds or so.
If using "Voice Assistant" on "Galaxy devices, you can do that " Two-Finger-Double-Tap" gesture, to "Pause" and " "Resume" the show, thereby bringing the controls back up, "
though most of y'all here don't use Galaxy phones, and it's only a "work-a-round" after aLL...

With the above said there, the "commentary screen reader," is the only "Modern" Android screen reader, which " properly" works with " Netflix" at this time, with the One-Finger-Double-Tap gesture working "every-single-time"
to bring up your "player" controls!

The above good news would also apply to "Shine" Plus, " though we all know where that screen reader has been lately... "

I truly hope, commentary  will be fully translated into English one day...

2019-01-28 14:15:24

You're correct. I use a Galaxy smartphone so that workarround shall work for me.

73 Wj3u

2019-01-28 14:32:52 (edited by queenslight 2019-01-28 14:33:34)

@90

It is one of the main reasons I don't think I'll be moving away from a non-galaxy phone, because of that "magic-tap" gesture. It truly comes in handy!

If commentary "does" get fully translated into English someday, then " maybe" I could go for a "one Plus" in the future, but not for now.

2019-02-19 11:14:02

Hi all. Wow, this topic was completely hidden under like 4 pages. Lol. Anyway. I got this for my Samsung Galaxy S9Plus. I really do enjoy it. and would pay for a license if anyone could help me figure out how to do so? But, I need a few questions answered. I can't seem to find a way to turn something like a screen curtain on. Also, I can't figure out how to silents speech. Does Commentary have a tutorial? I love that it is way more flexible than any other screen reader currently out for Android. Thanks for all your help in advance. As an end to this, Is the screen reader still being improved on in the English translation? How can I know when I can update to a new version? Ok, that's all for now. Again, Thanks all..

2019-02-19 11:58:32

Hi Sean. ABout everything commentary related feel free to contact me on email: nuno69a at poczta dot fm
Or Skype: Dragonofdeath9

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2019-03-06 22:14:18

Didn't see that but are there any news with the screen reader? Can I request permition to translate it into Spanish?

73 Wj3u

2019-03-12 21:42:38

Sorry for asking this againç but are there any news whith this innovative screen reader?
@nuno, I've added you on Skype, but not accepted me.

73 Wj3u

2019-03-18 05:53:20

Sorry for triple posting (First tyme that I menction this Word here)?
@nuno69: I've sent you an email regarding Commentary Screen reader.

73 Wj3u

2019-03-22 14:39:33

Wow, since many people forgot this screen reader which for me sounds awesome, Did you checked the email I just sended days ago? Don't know if I compare with other Android screen readers or something...

73 Wj3u

2019-03-22 15:07:58

Hey, I have got back to you and responded.

2019-03-24 08:35:29

Greetings!

To Nick, look out for a PM from me, with an email from a lady who's been wanting to get info about this screen reader.
The email address bounced for some odd reason.

Replying to this message, is "not required."

2019-03-24 10:04:42

@Nuno69, Replied it back. Thanks for the update.

73 Wj3u