2019-01-28 21:09:37

Hi.

the game now has a Db page, find it here

Also, i really  more work goes into this one, its already really good fun and the addition of more enemies and a bit more to the survival mode would rock.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-02-17 13:22:22 (edited by konsta 2019-02-17 13:23:30)

Greetings!
Finally... Clash of Lightsabers, version 2.5 is here!
Changes:
* added more maps: Corridor, Coruscant, Dagobah and Tatooine
* added backgrounds to most of the maps
* added three new background musics in survival mode
* added a secondary intro; the game will choose randomly
* added the home and end keys to survival mode to change the ambience volume

I'm currently working on recoding the saber engine for future updates which will include additional sabers and maybe saber parts to be found.

The update is retrievable through in-game updater, or by using this link:
http://prometheus-enterprises.com/games/CoL.exe
Sorry for the long delay, and happy slashin'!

Deep routes are not reached by the frost.

2019-02-17 13:29:03

Hi,
It's great that this game receives another update, downloading now.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2019-02-17 13:41:54

Juliantheaudiogamer wrote:

Hi,
It's great that this game receives another update, downloading now.

Originally I planned on releasing the updater a long time ago, but life wasn't on my side in that. smile

2019-02-17 13:50:59

Pushed the version up to 2.51 which fixes a bug where Coruscant's step sounds were not playing.

2019-02-17 14:13:48

Erm, oopsy. Version 2.52 fixes Tatooine's walking, too.

2019-02-17 17:14:28

Awesome, really glad to see an update.

Any plans to add extra enemies like troopers or droids with blasters, evil imperial guards with force pikes or the like?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-02-17 17:18:03

I'm not sure as with where to go with this. I could make a second game to this series called Booms of Blasters, and have troopers etc against you there. Modes in that would be different, though.

2019-02-17 17:31:26

This game is pretty cool. Have you thought about making an online mode where you battle against someone else? If possible, you should also consider creating either a centrally hosted server, or distribute the server with the game so that people can host their own. The server could sit there waiting for incoming connections. When someone connected, they could list all players and games as well as joining or creating new games.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-02-17 17:34:27

I have, however, with the current type of battle this might be difficult. In online mode the battles would almost have to have a blocking key or something.

2019-02-17 17:44:30

Hey there.
the download link from post 1 isn't working (and there a ton of posts on this topicc). can someone put here the most current download link? thanks!

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2019-02-17 17:49:14

http://prometheus-enterprises.com/games/CoL.exe

2019-02-17 18:12:33

One of my favorite things to do in jedi power battle on playstation was deflect blaster fire back at storm troopers and droids with my saber, which is why I think something like that would be very fitting here. Besides that, I'm finding this an enjoyable game.

2019-02-17 18:20:04

I have been thinking of adding such into this. Maybe in survival mode you could hear a trooper walking from a certain direction, and then use left shift, right shift and space bar to swing at them. They'd fire before your swing, of course. smile The left or right control would be used to activate/deactivate your saber while in the map. Additionally the occasional Sith battles like the current ones would still spawn. Or then maybe add a trooper mode where all you'd fight against are blasters, similarly to sabers but this time you wouldn't need to hit them back since the bolts would be sent their way.

2019-02-18 01:51:50

Instead of a second game why not combine the two concepts into the one we have? The idea of the trroppers sounds good, I hope it gets added

2019-02-18 14:16:42

I agree that having other enemies and blasting droids would be an awesome addition to this game. As I believe someone said earlier in this topic, Sith are very rare, just a master and an apprentice, so the idea of lots of wandering sith is sort of a bit strange, however add droids with blasters or the like and you have plenty of enemies to fight.

I also think force pikes like the Imperial guards use wouldn't be too hard to add either, just have a combination of a staff whistling sound, and maybe the odd force twirl as they employ the plasma torch against you big_smile.

2019-02-18 16:10:33

I have just completed coding the new saber engine! This will enable me to add more saber types to collect, and also add a new mode called contest mode.

As for the enemy types, that code is still under construction, but I am positive it shouldn't take too long. Stormtroopers, droids, and maybe blaster cannons for the higher difficulty levels.

Sound suggestions for all of these are very welcome smile. The sabers I will be able to get from my own collection, but droids, troopers, blasters and cannons would need sounds. If anybody wants to contribute, feel free to let me know.

2019-02-18 16:59:29

Awesome!
I've been thinking here other than the survival and battle mode could we have a mission mode?
The history could be simply written text, like the Bk series. I've always wanted to for example be able to fight against say darth vader or darth sideous.

2019-02-18 17:36:04

@Konsta If you want sounds the tactical battle map star wars: cone wars should have enough sounds. It has sounds for the clone troopers and for the droid cannons.

2019-02-19 04:16:47

For a new map,  could you please add the death star? you could add the death star. What you can do also is find some sounds on YouTube, death star ambient background sounds.

2019-02-19 04:19:46

Death star ambient sound:

https://youtu.be/DNMujETKFNU

2019-02-19 07:11:58

@konsta, drop me a message. I have huge Star wars sound libraries so maybe I'll be able to help.

Regarding mission mode? Well, that would be avesome to have a fully SW action game, not just easy hear / react thing.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2019-02-19 09:15:39

While a full scale sabre engine would rock, I actually like caio's suggestion about just adding a bit of intro text here and there and the odd challenge to complete, without having to go full on rpg.
A full on starwars rpg would rock of course, but no need to stretch things too far.

Btw, great that the game is beiing expanded, starwars has such a rich audio soundscape and such iconic characters its absolutely perfect for a game.

2019-02-19 11:46:46

My idea about the mission mod would be for the future, so to speak, when all the systems are already finished. I'll admit the idea ofa  rpg game about star wars is simply awesome. Going around killing enemies, collecting cristals while ocasionaly battling the Sith (they should be rare to find) is simply wonderful

2019-02-19 12:52:36

Yeah, there's a huge potential in this. It just depends on his coding skills (well, not really as I believe everyone can learn) so I hope We can get a really interesting and huge project in the future.
I am not a huge fan of Star wars universe but I love the atmosphere and idea.
As I stated before I have a huge collection of libraries (star wars included) so if there's a need for a sound designer I'll be happy to collaborate in this project and help as much as possible to get something more complex and far beyond the small projects (if it's a purpose of course)

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759