2019-02-18 15:32:19

Hello,
I am using the latest version of iOS. I am in a dorm where on each floor there is WiFi but it's name is the same. So when I go from one floor to the other, the phone stays connected to WiFi but acts like there is no connection e.g. not loading webpages or videos. I think the reason of this is, it confuses the current network with the network of the previous floor thus it cannot stay in communication. Turning WiFi on and off, both from control center and settings does not fix the issue. I have to wait for I don't know why for it to understand the situation and resume my connection. Is there another salution other than turning the phone off and on?
Thanks

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2019-02-18 15:45:38

Try to reset your network settings. Aside from that, I'm not sure if there's much you can do. You may have to contact the person managing the wireless network to see if each device is interfering with the others. If they all have the same SSID, your phone should switch between them depending on which one is the closest and has the best signal.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-02-18 15:52:22

Hello,
Thanks for your suggestion. I don't thinkg resetting my WiFi settings would help, because it has an interesting way of verification. You first connect to a network without any password, then go into any site and it installs some certificates into the phone. So resetting would have me do the same thing again with probably the same result. Other friends say that you sometimes need to wait a while for it to work, too so this is perhaps not related to just my phone.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page