2019-02-15 12:25:36

Some people are good at developing games, but sometimes they have no inspiration. This topic is to explore, brainstorm ideas. You can say what game you would like to see, what setting, what crazy game mechanics you thought about, etc. Go wild, think of your post as lego blocks that could be used in a bigger structure. Also, since it's brainstorm, the idea is that your idea could lead to another, so it doesn't matter if it's "very very original", no judging, just pure creativity. Finally, let's talk only about audio games.

I'll start with some whacky game mechanics!

1) A game that would involve typing on the keyboard, you would do better the faster you can type. For instance, you could fight ennemies with words. There could be a giant word graph that this word is strong against those words but weak against those and it would be real time combat, hence you have to type fast. Example: water is strong against fire, etc.

1-b) Another similar idea would be a puzzle game where you would have to guess words to solve puzzles. The words would materialize with sound effects.

2) On mobile, use the accelerometer. We don't need to see the screen, so during combats, we could hold our cellphone like a sword and fight having audio clues with our headphones, swinging our cellphone like a wii mote.

3) Use the microphone. We could have a game where we need to record sounds that are similar to in-game generated sounds. It could be a multiplayer online game where you record a sound like a car passing by and then another player would have to replicate that sound. We could then use cross correlation between the target and matching sound to calculate a score and give points. To avoid issues with the recording sound part, it could be a game generated sound and two players would have to match it and the closest one wins. This could also be something to say when casting a spell or whatever, the power of the spell depends on how closely it matched. All of this is to avoid repetition during combat games.

4) A game where you use a Midi device as a game controller. Requires a musical instrument or midi controller. Basically, you could play a game by playing piano, the game would react to chords, scales, arpejios, etc.

Now game settings / ideas:

5) A game where you are super rich and everyone tries to steal your money. You have to try to keep the most money while making more.

6) A game where you are a doctor and try to save lives.

7) A game where you are god and can control natural catastrophies like earthquakes, tornados, volcanos, thunder, etc. Don't know the goal of that game.

8) A game where you must spread a disease on the entire world kinda like pandemic. Talking about the setting, not necessarily the gameplay.

Have fun! Think outside the box.

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ― Lemony Snicket

2019-02-15 12:31:29

Grand Theft Audio: Pokedogs. Steal and train dogs to assist in building your criminal ... fiefdom?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2019-02-15 13:10:03

I'd like to see more fps games

2019-02-15 14:11:03

A great idea.
I would probably go for a game like Hearthstone or Magic The Gathering since I have always loved these games

We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes. That is a perspective on human life and our culture that is well worth pondering.
Carl Sagan

2019-02-15 14:31:08

I'd definitely like to see more card battlers, and a typing game actually sounds fun too!

2019-02-15 17:26:24

An online game like entombed, where you fight enemies in realtime and throw around fireballs and collect things like poor rusty iron longsword.
This would be fun big_smile

2019-02-15 17:45:34

a physics based platformer where as you gain speed, you jump further and can take out more enemies.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-02-15 19:18:59

so, you and anyone else on the server would be put inside this big open cabin thing with several items in it, and a time limit. There would also be this console type thing where you would choose from the people in the cabin with you to be on your team. Then after you and the rest of your team have gathered what you want from the cabin it's time to venture out into the randomly generated map to start the death match. It would be kind of like The Hunger Games where the last team alive or last solo player alive would win. You would have to craft your own weapons, shelter, hunt for food, sleep, etc. You would not know where any of the other players on the game are accept the ones that you can hear, unless you find a player location display which would disappear as soon as it was finnished being used.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2019-02-15 21:13:51

You are an alian in a mother ship.
Launch fighters of different classes to intercept human fighters on earth, bomb the planet to bits, and kill all those nasty little humans. big_smile

2019-02-15 22:02:44

I like the hunger games idea. MTG would also be really nice, but actually if we could have MTG Arena accessible rather than making a new one, because keeping scripts updated and bug free is a recipe for disaster in my opinion. But yeah, yippers for MTG, or just card games in general.

So I see that a lot that is coming up is online and real time until now.

I'd also like a game where you are kind of like a boss monster. You are super strong, but you have to fight swarms of weaker ennemies.

Also a game with crafting mechanics that aren't fixed. A bit like gemcraft for those who know the game, but better. The idea is that you don't craft recipes, you craft different materials with different characteristics and as you craft them, they combine the characteristics and get better.

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ― Lemony Snicket

2019-02-15 22:08:31

Also a tower defense game. I loved bloons tower defense when I could play it. I'd like tower defense where there are some base turrets that have multiple path of evolution you have to choose from, like an upgrade tree.

2019-02-15 22:34:26 (edited by Dakonna 2019-02-15 22:35:13)

you start on a largely undiscovered map with just a settler and a warrior at your disposal, and there are spots scattered around the map that may contain resources, as well as other AI controlled players. The thing is, your settler can do more than just stand around. They can found a city. And that city lets you build buildings, research technology, and construct wonders if you're settled in a good spot. The problem is that not all of the AI factions are peaceful and you will get attacked, so of course, it can also make military units. But wait, there's more. Because the technology tree will let you precede from ancient times all the way to the information age, which lets you unlock new things. And let's not mention your initial city can also make new settlers and you can tell them to go build a 2nd, 3rd, or 420th city somewhere. Not a perfect picture though, since you'll have to be good at interacting with the AI, and fighting them if necesary or desired, because there are actually a few different ways to win. You could win by being the first to colonise mars with the help of the tech tree, controlling 2/3 of the world map or population, or winning the UN ellections and becoming the secretary general once that option is enabled. Now, if you've got about a week's worth of time, I'll flesh this out even more for you. smile
I'm just happy that at least some people don't want more fucking fighting games. Yes, I get it. Fighting games are the most playable out of the box. No, that doesn't make me understand why blind people seem to want to play fighting games, and only fighting games, all damn day.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2019-02-15 23:30:00 (edited by omer 2019-02-15 23:32:12)

so, heres the idea
this one is like pokemon slash manamon but still, better then those
instead of going all the way to the stadiums like manamon, you have a chanse to capture the all mighty anoying gods and  terrorise the world
heros will challenge and if you lost, well bye bye
the good part is the battle part.
the beasts will have 4 elements, water, air, fire and earth
and the secondery ones such as legend, mith, normal, animal, supar natural and so
and this guys will have stats like stamina, defence magic defence, speed strength, charisma and so.
and apart from the creature battling skills, they will also have trust, increses when you win a battle, confedance, again when you kill someone, kindness or cruelty, depends how fast you kill your opponent and what kinds of moves you used.
and you will have your own stats to
self confidence, trust your companion, bleafe, and so.
so here are the battle system.
you have to control the creatures bye yourself
for example the guy launched a avalanch, if you have a flying guy, you order it to fly and you dodge it, or rock bombardment, you have to dodge them else bye bye
critical hits   or surton moves will make your creature fall to the ground so they spends an extra turn to get up  and recover from the attack.
and the best part for me
both your and creatures trust skills.
if your and creatures trusting skills are high enough, you can use your microphone to  let your guy that your there so with your voice and the power of your bond, it will try to recover it.
the higher the voice, the better chanse that your creature will recover from its exostion
if someone wants to program with this concept, i happyly help with sound design lol.

2019-02-15 23:41:51 (edited by CAE_Jones 2019-02-16 00:05:16)

Co-op or singleplayer realtime action/adventure game that is not dark and/or gritty. The Magic Squids and the Octopus Warriors, Big Bad Beetle Bouken, Ghostbusters ... wait, is there not a mainstream Ghostbusters game like that? Don't I have a midi of the theme song from a Genesis Ghostbusters game? How does that work? Well, there goes my afternoon.
[edit]Found one, not sure if multiplayer, video mostly consists of the game going pew pew while the narrator pilots an F Bomber over the enemy base. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iNp48p_x6PA
[/edit]

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2019-02-16 04:53:04

Okay here are some ideas that I've always wanted to see in audio:

1: space colonization game starting off in a planet where you begin in the wilderness with a few  gathering resources  growing crops, but over time get access to more and more technology. It would be particularly fun if you actually had cryses among your settlers to deal with rather than your settlers just being base production units, EG some of your settlers could get depressed if they constantly do the same task over and over again, some get upset if there is a disaster etc I admit I've got more interested in strategy and building games over the while, especially those that let you progress through different technlogical stages and really let you take care of your people.

2: I've always wanted to play a dungeon keeper type of game where you get to play the evil wizard and expand your underground domain, filling it with monsters and traps to snare those pathetic little heroes who come in trying to steel your gold, eventually launching invasions of those pathetic surface dwellers who should be your minians.

4: a map based mech battle game. You could probably do this in tactical battle, but instead of controlling five or six units, you just have two or three mechs with which you complete missions against the enemy. Could include properties like elevation where your mechs could climb hills to get the drop on the enemy, ranged and melee weapons, and ability  target different parts of your enemy's mechs to disable them,  aim for the hands to destroy their offensive capability, or try to hit the fuel tank to evemtually make them run out of fuel.

5: An online cooperative game in which you and other players form fleets of ships. some players would have to harvest resources or mine asteroids, some players would have to go to the star to mine plasma for weaponry, and others would do the actual alien shooting. I personally am less interested in pvp than I am in ongoing pve.

6: A closed arena shooter like Smash Tv, robotron or Beserk. I've never understood why nobody has ever built one of these in audio. Tactics for showing top down view are well established (great toy robbery, crazy party etc), so why not combine that with a bit of blasty action? Actually there are lots of old arcade classics apart from space invaders which would make really awesome audiogames.

7: A walk along beatemup with actual judgement based gameplay. Part of the problem in all audio 2d side scrollers, is with a few notable exceptions, the game play, even more than in other audiogames is very heavily based on hear it, hit it, no sooner are attacks launched from enemies or you they connect.
It'd be easy enough to have an audio side scroller which simply played with the attack  properties a bit, EG requiring you to swing your sword slightly before the enemy is present.

Also, I always liked the inherent tactics required in an isometric view such as golden axe or final fight, where your character could move up and down as well as left and aright. Again since you can use pitch shifting to show enemy position up or down, it'd be easy to do this in audio, just make attacks launch  sideways requiring the  player to  maneuver around the enemy.

8: A fantasy board game like Talisman or heroquest. People have always mentioned wanting to play something like Harthstone or Magic the gathering, which is fair enough, however myself this has always been one of my real desires. Move along a board snakes and ladders style, but with rpg turn based combats, decs of cards with random effects, and other fun stuff.

9: A 3D  sword game for ios.
I used to love audio defense zombie arena for how it required me to get up and physically turn to face the enemy. It'd be cool if you could do this with haptic based combat as you were saying in ost one. Imagine playing a Jedi with a light sabre having to quickly turn around and block laser balts high or low  swing your sabre to attack. Quite a work out and great fun methinks.

Okay that is probably enough for now, but hay discussing this sort of thing is always fun big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-02-16 07:56:04

@Dark, I'd be curious to know what's the hidden 3rd point in your list tongue.

I'd like a game where you are a mad scientist and you mix chemicals to make weapons and potions with all kinds of effect. In the same idea, I'd like to mix different creatures DNA to create new creatures. I used to love "Impossible Creature" game when I was younger.

2019-02-16 08:50:32

The third point in my list was a game in which you find hidden items big_smile.

Actually I've been thinking about a creature creation game, perhaps combined with some sort of dungeon keeper/evil domain type game, for example, supposed you bred creatures with different characteristics which you could then sick  an unsuspecting populous.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-02-16 10:45:33

hey  lets create a jurasic park lol
you start as a baby t-rex, you grow and go strong whyle eating and fighting with the other wild animals near you
well of course when you grow to an adult, bye bye humans i'M coming to eat you
you can smash cars, crumble buildings, eat yummy humans
and all sort of things
crazy enough?

2019-02-16 11:11:54

I still hope someone gets enspired and makes need 4 weed some day.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2019-02-16 15:05:36

lol

2019-02-18 14:17:36

I'd kinda like to see a rollercoaster thing, where your given objectives and you have to build specific tracks to meet them. If you complete enough you could unlock a free-builder mode, where you could build a track entirely on your own.
Or if you really wanted to be interactive, you could have people design downloadable challenges for people to submit there finished roller coaster tracks. The downloadable objectives would be a lot more difficult than the in-game missions and would more than likely have to be unlocked through completing all the in-game ones first, or something.
But the overall aim of all this would be to keep your passengers safe but also give them a thrill to remember! You would have a few categories of track parts to select from ramps, turns, pulleys, brakes, charging stations, etc.
Fail to stop your cart at the end of your track? All your cars and any passengers go tumbling off the track! Fail to carry enough momentum at the top of a ramp? Your passengers won't enjoy the hike down, and they certainly won't enjoy the anticlimactic trip backwards down the ramp.
I would really, really really like to see this more than anything. More than another fighting/shooter game, that's for sure. smile

2019-02-18 15:23:30

@18: You had me at "baby T rex" big_smile.
Speaking of... most of the stuff on that projects list I posted in, like, 2011 or whenever that was, are still on my wishlist. sad

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2019-02-20 21:34:46

@21, you made me think about this bridge builder game I used to play. Every levels, you had to build a bridge solid enough for a train to pass it with limited amount of materials to build the bridge.

Which makes me think that I'd like a game where you have to do designs like in real life. In Canada, the mission of the engineering order is to protect the public. However, companies want to make profit, so an engineer has to do designs that are safe enough so that no one gets hurt, but he also cannot afford to make a completely overkill design, because it's too expensive. The idea of the game would be to play as a company that wants to make profit, but you loose if someone ever dies using what the company produce.

Another game I'd like to see is where you play a communication company. You are hired to manipulate the medias in favor of your clients which all had a legal issue or scandal.

2019-02-21 02:48:31

How abouta game where you breed and train super-intelligent dogs in a  futuristic world where hunting for your own food is a way of life? You would have to train your dogs not only to hunt food for you but also for themselves so they could supplement whatever food you could find for them. you could also train dogs for fights in dogfighting pits, and let's make those semi-legal; that is, everyone knows they exist but the government gets paid or bribed to look the other way by dogfighting breeders. You could have the option of fighting in the pits to make more money, but with the penalty of having dogs who would mistrust you and, being intelligent enough to make their own decisions at higher levels, they might decide either to turn on you or escape.

And we need more  fantasy RPGS based in cultures other than medieval Europe; Asia or West Africa for example.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2019-02-21 07:59:15

you play as a goblin and fight with humans,