2019-02-18 01:11:30

So, i want to try to create an audiogame in pb, but does anyone know how to create menus, maps, and that type of thing? Thanks in advance for any help i am given

2019-02-18 05:17:53

Hi Sky,

I am experienced in PB. I have created many games with it, see SBC for example.

http://masonasons.me/softs/SBC105.zip

This game is written completely in PureBasic.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-02-18 05:18:28

To answer your second question, yes I know how to create menus, maps, etc. smile

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!

2019-02-18 05:38:19

Hi mason,  can you please help me learn how to create these things?, Thanks

2019-02-18 05:39:54

Sky,

I'm definitely willing to help you out, however not sure if doing it via this topic is ideal for anyone. big_smile

2019-02-18 05:48:42

@masonian
I was very interested in how to create audiogames in purebasic.
I downloaded your code and I liked the way it works.
I just could not play because here gave a runtime error.
I am more or less familiar with bgt, so I already have a game created with it, but I was already wanting to learn how to program in purebasic, I just could not make much progress due to lack of time.
Did you or someone who program audiogames on it could do a brief tutorial? It would not have to be from the beginning as in the bgt help, but that it approached with respect to the manipulation of sounds, timers, packaging the files in a .dat etc.
It would be like a transition from bgt to purebasic. In fact, I found the purebasic help structure very similar to bgt.

Another thing: Is it easy to find libraries to use on it? Is there any specific place or in github it is possible to find?
best regards

2019-02-18 05:50:06

Unfortunately finding libraries for PureBasic is hard.

Which PureBasic code have you seen of mine?

2019-02-18 06:29:07

Mason, i sent you a PM

2019-02-18 06:29:48

Cool, I'll check it tomorrow.