2019-02-11 09:02:56

Yeah, everything in math would be global. In that case, you'd either need a function for each vector, or to use some data structure to store multiples, like a dictionary or an array. Multiple functions would probably be easier, since BGT's dictionaries are kinda awful.
I have stored vectors in dictionaries before, using functions to get and set so I don't have to deal with all of that mess. This also made it possible to serialize / deserialize the data for saving / loading. I still wouldn't recommend it in general.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2019-02-11 10:06:23 (edited by JLove 2019-02-11 10:24:54)

The problem is a logistical one. If I have one function per vector, ghow do I make sure that they all get called?  Once a function calls another, it is exited, if I remember correctly.  So, it's not like I can just have one function call each of them.  For example:

void UpdateVecs()
{
SetDis();
SetForce();
SetVel();

}
Legistically I'm not sure what the best way to handle it would be.  I might be able to do something where I create Booleans  for each and run checks against them, then update if true.  I.e.:
bool UpdVel = false;
bool UpdAcc = false;

Then before movement is called, set it to true, and in the game loop say:
if(UpdAcc)
SetAcc();

Again, I am tired, so not sure whether that would work or not.  And the thing is, all of those will need to be updated each time before the ball moves.

2019-02-17 04:53:41

@Cae,
Looking at this code to see if I can understand the collision detection you have, to get an idea of how to do it.  What is all the dictionary stuff for?  Why would I need the dictionary for math stuff?  I doubt I need all of these different forms, right?  All I have is a ball, 2 rackets, the net, and the ground.

2019-02-17 11:08:17

What dictionary stuff are you referring to? If you mean the dictionaries in fobj and group3d, those are just in case a game wants to add properties without making a subclass. Ex, terrain, friction, elasticity, etc. You don't need them; they're supposedly for convenience.
In 2d, there were some references to a dictionary I used to log when shapes were being destroyed, but I should have removed or commented out all of those.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2020-04-09 13:09:52

broken links sad

2020-04-09 13:25:01

https://www.sendspace.com/file/7k04cw
Maybe I can convince Google Drive to play nice with this one for a more permanent link. ... Wait, I was going to put it on Github, wasn't I? I knew I forgot something when uploading that recording. sad

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2020-04-09 13:36:36 (edited by manamon_player 2020-04-09 13:38:38)

thanks a lot, can you please provide example key config.cfg or whatever it is?
can I for example use this config on every game?
also third question is, example of how to use it in a game please, for example I have a game that space play a sound, and escape pawses it, just want to know how to use key config there
oh sorry if i'm talking too much but,
is your sound pool thingy supports reverb?

2020-04-09 16:14:55

Hi.
Your second link doesn't wwork either. Ratz.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-04-10 20:50:38

is this key config have readme?

2020-07-20 01:37:48

Sorry for the revival, but does anyone have these scripts still? Mainly BGT2PY, as it doesn't seem to be in the github repo that Carter has.

2020-07-20 07:30:20

yes I have the bgt2py

2020-07-20 11:25:28

Can you post a link?

2020-07-20 12:49:43

not sure but i'll may try