2019-02-16 16:06:41 (edited by Turkce_Rap 2019-02-16 16:19:31)

Hi guys.

due to it's more compadeble with software developping tools, i wwant to switch more on nvda but, there are a few things that i don't know how to turn off with nvda, can you help me?

1.when ever i hit space key after each word, i hear a sound, it's most likely realted to spell checker, i don't want it.
2.when ever i go with google chrom it says "selection has auto completion" and also talks blank lines on a web page.
3.How to modify shortcuts? for example "control+shift+f" find key as control++f"?

4.On windows clasical notepad nvda says "multy lines" how will i turn it off?

lastly; is there a way that i can make nvda talk lesser as Jaws?

Thanks.

2019-02-16 16:08:08

i was almost forgetting, how can i turn off that it says "out of list" with google chrom again?

2019-02-16 16:21:46 (edited by Slender 2019-02-16 16:28:31)

This probably should have been posted in the off topic room, but to answer your questions, you can turn off the spelling error sound from keyboard settings, turn off the Play sound for spelling errors while typing option, and you can turn off the reporting of lists from document formatting preferences. You can modify most NVDA commands from the input gestures dialog, though control+f is not NVDA's native find command, that's NVDA+control+f.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2019-02-16 18:28:09

Slender wrote:

This probably should have been posted in the off topic room, but to answer your questions, you can turn off the spelling error sound from keyboard settings, turn off the Play sound for spelling errors while typing option, and you can turn off the reporting of lists from document formatting preferences. You can modify most NVDA commands from the input gestures dialog, though control+f is not NVDA's native find command, that's NVDA+control+f.

Yea but don't you think can i replace nvda+control+f by control+f?
although i trund boath spell checking settings, it still plays sound.

2019-02-16 18:44:47

You could, but browsers and other programs may use that shortcut. And which settings have you turned off exactly?

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2019-02-16 20:02:06

To stop the sounds, hit NVDA control K and find this setting and turn it off:  Play sound for spelling errors while typing
Pressing NVDA V while on a webpage turns off use screen layout, that might fix your blank line issue, I don't know.
The autocomplete thing is NVDA picking that up, I don't know of a setting to stop it but you could copy the entire phrase to the clipboard with the speech history addon, then create a dictionary entry, paste the phrase into there, and replace it with nothing. You get to the dictionary manager from NVDa manu >> preferences >> speech dictionaries. Then you pick either voice, default, or temporary. You'd want default if you want all voices to respect the entry.
Modifying shortcuts is done in NVDA menu >> preferences >> input gestures.
About NVDA being extra chatty, no you can't do anything about it.
TO turn off lists, NVDA control D or NVDA menu >> preferences >> settings then arrow down to document formatting. Turn off lists.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-02-16 23:06:47

Slender wrote:

You could, but browsers and other programs may use that shortcut. And which settings have you turned off exactly?

then how can i replace those keys?

2019-02-19 12:11:00

I'm actually curious what he means by NVDA being more chatty than JAWS. I'd have to say JAWS is more chatty for me, but maybe I'm not advanced enough at using the thing to customise it enough.