2019-02-12 18:18:18

Ah, a game mode finally in one of these things.  And a current popular one in the mainstream community.  For anyone not sure what a battle royale consists of, it generally involves usually everyone placed around a large (and usually maze-like) map, sometimes armed with nothing except a garbage melee weapon and base health.  Scattered across the map are randomly placed drops that can be weapons, ammo, healing items, defensive upgrades, and whatever the game decides would be fun to use.  The goal is to essentially survive until you're the last person or team (depending on the version) to liveto the end.  Generally, nothing respawns so people can't just camp a single area, and need to move to gather more resources.  As well, there's usually an area reduction in place during the match, shrinking the battlezone so people are forced into a smaller, and smaller battlefield as previously open areas will now damage or instantly kill you for loitering.  This is to encourage you to search new places, and be in constant danger of other players. 

IN a way, this would sort of be like the normal way of playing the game at the start, but by the end of the match, everyone has a varying amount of equipment and items, and no drops are usually left.  If you want more health and ammo, killing the other players are the only way, and you have to be smart not to blow through most of your resources and hp.  SO fun all around, as the item gathering portion of the game doesn't take 3 hours, but 3 minutes while dealing with other players.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2019-02-12 20:33:56

Sounds very exciting! Can't wait for it to be done.

2019-02-12 21:18:18

Yep, i'm waiting too. Would be nice to get something other to play with.

2019-02-12 23:46:38

as a big fan of the fortnight battle royale by epic games, in the sighted community, not accessible sadly, i am curious how people like kianoosh and reeza pull this off. a admin and beta tester told me a few weeks ago that its done in a few weeks from now. i have gotten back into firefight after a month long hiadous.

2019-02-13 09:51:19

Hi there. Gorila, I just reset your weapon drawing keys. BTW sorry for being late

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2019-02-13 11:46:48

kianoosh thanks so much.

2019-02-13 18:43:43

kianoosh, i didn't even know you could do that! i am curious, is it just stored inside of a .usr or .dat file?

2019-02-13 18:59:56 (edited by keithwipf1 2019-02-13 19:00:57)

Hi guys, just thought I should say, Kianoosh seems to have tried to improve the speed of bullets.
server message: Attention. A bit of changes have been performed on the bullet handling system which makes the bullets a lot faster, but might break a few things in the meantime. This remains like that for a bit for testing purposes and will be either improved if worked as expected, or will be reverted back to the previous version of it
Maybe it's possible for the server to handle a few more players, or maybe not.
I did some fights on there and nothing seems broken, though the aiming seems to have changed a bit.

@82, in theory, Kianoosh can modify anything on the server, as well as using what ever code is available to devs to access the players client when it's online and modify the keys that way.
Just guessing.

2019-02-13 21:40:45

that thing, unfortunately got reverted back to its old way of handling do to bugs it brought up. And swwomp gamer, .usr is the fileformat for ultrapower server files. And that's completely optional. Just wanted to let you know. And the data for the set keys for weapons is stored on the server

---

2019-02-14 00:02:27

kianoosh i was just curious how you did it, the fact you can change that and its set in the server is really cool, and i like that.

2019-02-14 04:33:19

Damn it, are you serious kianoosh? that's saaaaaad. I mean, that that thing got reverted.

2019-02-14 18:17:49

Yeah, it was nice and fast.
The bug that caused it was rather funny though.
Sometimes, instead of hitting a target, you're attack would redirect to another target. So you might think you hit me from 70 tiles with you're Colt thing, only  for you're friend to die next moment.

2019-02-15 20:39:46

hello, i am just curious, how long until the amazing battle royale update! i can't wait for it, and to be a little perfectionist little dumby muahahahaha!

2019-02-27 18:59:46

I like that the tanks are back. it gives the desert a purpose now and not just a place for players to fall to for hiding.  I fought them yesterday and this morning.  I like the way they hae to be fought, with no tracker.  I love how the player has to depend on their skill to fight them. gives it a bit of a chalenge.  However, what use are the cannonballs their if their are no cannons. at least let us use them against other players

2019-02-28 09:51:17

Hi,
Have patience guys. Battle royale is not a small thing to implement in an audiogame.

Best regards
Pranam
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!

2019-03-01 19:44:13

Hello there. I must first say that I truly enjoy playing Firefight. This is the type of game that blind and visually impaired people have been seeking for since the first multiplayer shooting game came out years ago. Now that games like Call of Duty and the record-setting Fortnite have blessed and frustrated millions of gamers all over the world,the lack of accessibility features for such games to aid blind people have been left out. This fact has been widely publicized as a result, yet little to nothing has been done. I was first introduced to Firefight and have fallen in love with it. You deserve high praise for the work being done on this game. Like others, I eagerly await the Battle Royale feature that has been widely talked about. However, I am largely concerned that the server being used can't handle it. Battle Royale requires that much more data is passed through the server. I worry about the lag it would cause. Just fighting in the current mode of gameplay causes lag and sometimes kicks people off. I worry that Battle Royale can only make things worse. Naturally, I don't know your server setup, but i do know you can buy a virtual private server (VPS), or more than one VPS to aid in the bandwidth issues. If you do that already, ignore me. I have faith that you as the developers know of these problems and will address them. Also, have you considered coding the game using python? I heard that it uses less resources on a server. Anyway, keep up the  good work. I await the update like everyone else. You are giving blind people something that-until recently-they were largely not privileged to have. I thank you.

2019-03-02 12:47:22

Hi there, Thank you for your comment. We're glad that you liked firefight. The game is already being ran on a virtual private server with high specs. The problem is the programming language we used to code the game in as you said yourself.

---

2019-03-02 18:02:56

Thanks for the reply. I understand that you code the game in BGT which can take vast amounts of resources to run. Also, i heard that BGT is quite easy to hack. Are you considering another coding method? If not, would you consider getting another VPS to carry some of the burden? I only ask these things because of my concern with the potential behavior that the game will display when the update comes out. I would hate to see a new and awesome concept be the game's downfall. Whatever you do, take your time with it. I want to see that the major kinks have been worked out upon it's release. Thanks again.
By the way, what's with the weird blocked-off area around the coordinates of 50, 50?

2019-03-02 18:58:26

Their used to be a locker their i believe. kianoosh the tanks are fun to fight and a good way to earn xp, but would it be possible for them to spawn more frequently?  I feel like a lot of time passes before another shows up after 1 is destroyed.  I love the fact that they are no trackable. it makes it for a good challenge.

2019-03-02 20:09:32

Hi,
As a completely new player to firefight, could you please give me some hints on how to get started? So far, I've just kept on getting killed when I connect, and I don't really know how to find people or targets. I press f5 to track, it says tracking a name, but then, I don't know what keys to use to actually find them. Pressing p says no one nearby, yet after walking a bit, I end up getting shot. I have also turned on beacons. The other question is, how do I find out what is actually on the map, such as points of interest such as stores and save zones.

2019-03-02 20:16:59

from i know there is no safezones
the stores at  0 0 0, 0 999 0 basicly edges of the maps and evry 599 tiles
f5 to track a player, e to show their location r to load and, ctrl to shoot, of course

2019-03-02 20:43:01

Is there anything in the manual about the e keystroke?

2019-03-02 20:46:02 (edited by omer 2019-03-02 20:46:17)

yes so, i guess

2019-03-24 21:06:02

So the game is not working. I think the surver might be down because the cliant program will not connect. it has been like this for a while now.  what going on with the game?

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2019-03-25 00:18:24

Yes i also want to connect but can't