2019-02-13 13:35:52

Firstly, what is Eliyo?

its a game which Bookrage mentioned on the forums a while ago. I tried it briefly at that point but didn't put much time into it, but I've been playing it for the past few hours and am well and truly adicted big_smile.
Basically think of a cross between Manamon and psy pets. Capture monsters called Elems, battle them, raise their stats, breed them together to create stronger ones, but also care for them, feed them, play with them and so on.
Accept for the graphical Mahjong minigame The game is very accessible, albeit it takes a modern browser and you'll need to cope with notifications and popups occasionally, still nothing too difficult, and all of the items in the game have detailed labeles and descriptions, I particularly like the way you can look at a creature's genetics to see what colour it is and what markings it has et.
Also, for people who want sound, the game  has music and sfx in battles which is pretty cool, and even sliders to change the volume etc.

Well as you might guess from this topic, Eliyo has a kick starter running which is going to be used to expand the game with more areas, creature types, items and so on.

The game is free at the moment, indeed though it has a premium currency I've not really seen many places where it is needed.
Likewise, while the game looks fairly simple from the start, more places to go and things to explore will become available as time goes by.

so if people are interested in a complex rpg with elements of pet care and interesting battles,Here is the kickstarter page, and since one of the rewards is a dragon of your own I've definitely put in a few quid myself big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-02-13 14:09:41 (edited by omer 2019-02-13 14:11:57)

i wanted to do that but sadly not at the moment a turkish liras equil to 5.25 usd
and do to beeing a student, well, finances sucks lol

2019-02-13 14:38:18 (edited by Dark 2019-02-13 14:38:35)

That makes sense. I've had to pledge less than I usually would've done myself due  finances being a trifle difficult at the moment, and I don't have problematic exchange rates to deal with.

still feel free to give the game a try. I'm on there as darktenor.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-02-13 15:39:10

i'M also tehre as albon, just created my char about an hour ago

2019-02-13 17:38:41

unfortuantely I've just run into a fairly annoying issue, namely that the distribution of elemental points seems %100 inaccessible since there is no where sensible to click on  elements table, but I've sent the cheif dev a pm, so hopefully we'll hear something back.

2019-02-14 20:56:17 (edited by Orin 2019-02-15 01:31:54)

After looking at Elyio reviews, an interesting pet game that has a focus on story launching soon is Dappervolk. The site itself looks accessible, but I'll be trying that one out as soon as I can.
All the reviews say how awesome the story is.

2019-02-14 23:10:07

Orin, i also checked the website of that thing. And yea, it sounds interesting, gonna try it as soon as it'll be released!