2019-02-13 17:52:40

Hi all,

I'll keep this short and sweet.

I have an iPhone 6+, the latest version of IOS, and sometimes, for no particular reason, Siri just doesn't work. It'll make the sound to suggest it's listening, and then simply won't talk. And then, seveaal hours/days later, it'll just start randomly working.

I have no idea what's up here, but it's rather annoying, to say the least. Have any of you experienced this problem, and is there an explanation? Figured I'd ask here first.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-02-13 18:21:51

I have an iPhone 8.
The closest I get to this behavior is Siri occasionally glitching, causing me to have to press the home button multiple times to get out of the siri screen and try again.
It's never stopped working completely, though.
Have you checked the siri volume, maybe? it's separate from the main system volume, so possibly that's what's been happening?

2019-02-13 20:27:44

All I know is that resetting the iPhone always seems to fix it. So I have no idea what's going on. Siri volume doesn't seem to be affected, and I wasn't buried in the Siri screen or anything. The phone was responding to my voice (as in, "hey Siri" would prompt it to listen and whatnot), but there was never any actual response after it got my info. I just think this phone is starting to glitch a little, is all. It's several years old and has had a bit of a rough life. Hopefully it doesn't die on me.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-02-14 14:15:07

yes...
Serie is recording you for the FBI, and you will be, er, taken to the NSA, for saying to many words in your posts... lol

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-02-14 16:18:51 (edited by Chris 2019-02-14 16:21:08)

I suspect this is a server issue. Purchasing a newer phone probably won't help. It's honestly really sad that Siri is still as bad as it is. Apple was the first company to rant and rave that voice technology was so great and wonderful, yet they're lagging behind all their competitors. This is yet more proof that Tim Cook is taking a great company and running it into the ground.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-02-14 16:30:07

If I could replace siri with Alexa, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

2019-02-14 22:34:17

Maybe it's bad DNS servers? Changing  to 1.1.1./1.0.0.1 solves many issues.