2018-10-24 19:42:48

I'm not sure how you figure out which ones will ignore you or not. I did some trading and got some manamon after my first stadium key that you can't actually catch until later on, and they worked.

2018-10-24 20:40:27

If it's anything like Pokemon (and it probably is), then it's all about level. In Pokemon, for example, the number of gym badges you have determines the level of pokemon that will obey you. In gen 6, pokemon up to level 20 will obey you without any badges, and for every badge you get, the levels up to which pokemon will obey you increase by 10. I suspect something similar is implemented in Manamon. The levels are probably not the exact same, but the principle still applies.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2018-10-24 22:08:03

I traded with someone and got a higher level thing before I won the second stadium. It listened sometimes, but other times, it ignored me. I have 3 stadium keys now, and it listens

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2018-10-25 15:33:27

Perhaps it has to do with the level in which the manamon is supposed to learn that spell. A fontezore, for example, and I am guessing at the spelling, learns drench at level 39. If you trade and get one that is at, say level 42, it might not listen when you try to use drench is you are only one say the second stadium. Mine usually learns that spell around the time when we enter the secret hideout. Having said that, why not trade for level 15 or so after the first stadium, hand all the party EXP pals, and go that way. That's what I do.

2018-11-30 06:35:36

btw, nice playthrough

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2019-02-09 11:50:01 (edited by MegaCharizard 2019-02-09 11:54:25)

Hi.  So I was wondering,  what are your thoughts  about using a firate, Fighting type, to combat Irrodium's shadow typing  as  One of the 3 to face it.
It's interesting about the manamon ignoring you, I didn't know that could happen as I didn't see it on my first or this play through.  Then again, I didn't know the game had  deviant manamon either. Btw, does manamon  have 50% increase with STAB  like pokémon or is it more/less?

If life ain't eventful ... Make it, For there is infinite potential.

2019-02-09 12:22:17

pokemon and manamon are both the same with stabs, 20%, phyrate would work pretty well, I've used him threw almost  the entire game  multiple times, in fact I love him, try to get him on my team everytime I play the game

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-02-09 17:30:23

STAB in Pokemon gives you a 50% increase in damage output, not 20. Not sure about Manamon, but it's probably 50% as well.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2019-02-10 08:42:51

Thanks, I wasn't sure about phyrate compared to other fighting types I haven't tryed so a confirmation was helpful. Likewise with stab as my remuelian's steel horn wasn't doing  as much damage to a wormar  as I thought it should with  50% increase and its "remarkable" strength stat.  I should probably  experiment with higher level manamon more

2019-02-10 08:46:53

Oh  by the way, I have a  deviant emBird with  good stats  but I don't know at what level I should evolve it  to collect any good moves, And I don't want to waste this good catch. Where do you guys recommend?

2019-02-10 14:45:09

Embird would utterly wreck in the jungle I think (not in the water). Failing that, once it hits a decent level, outside Tangeria Tower is decent. Or if you're near the end of the game, use the EXP trick as denoted in my guide to get it massive amounts of EXP in one go.
Really the only big moves you want are maybe Rev Up, Flame Blizzard and Suicide Dive (I'm pretty sure that latter is Embird only). This is one of those manamon which cries out for better moves or more coverage, because its stats are decent and its typing has a scary stone weakness.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-02-10 21:10:49

So around what level should I use the smoke element so I don't miss out on suicide dive?  Also, thank you so much for your guide, I would have gotten lost so many times on my first play through without it.

2019-02-11 01:01:01

I can't remember right off the top of my head, but if nothing else, push it till it learns the move, then use the element.

2019-02-11 03:42:18

Yeah, wait until he learns the move and then transform him. At the least, it will be in the moves list, so if you want it later, you can use the memory dude to learn it again.

2019-02-11 04:54:27

Ok thanks,  i'll keep levelling embird up for now

2019-02-13 19:38:49

Right  sorry another move question. Does titomaton  learn any other steel type damaging moves  apart from iron tackle?
Has anyone noticed Fiendour's height?

2019-02-13 22:22:49

titomaton does get superspark, which is a pretty strong electric move. He gets smoke shield, which will increase the chance of attacks on him missing. He also gets iron guard which is a steel defensive move. He's fairly tankish, but he's super weak to earth types.

2019-02-13 22:23:39

I have never used fiendour, and I'm OK with that.

2019-02-14 03:54:49

Fiendour is actually pretty good.
And no, I'm quite sure Titomaton doesn't get any really good steel moves, which is a shame. I swear that laser move is just made for him.
Also, Titomaton+Broomstick = cheese.

2019-02-14 05:12:42

Good to know. I have a level 60 Titomaton  on my main team that I mainly use as a defensive electric type.  I'm mostly focusing on his  special attack but I thought if he had another damaging steel type attack  I should probably pay attention to his strength as well.  I can't believe I didn't think about the broomstick, it would be perfect to neutralise Titomaton's  double weakness to earth.  Thanks for that.
If you check in the manapedia  entry for fiendour, You will find it has a weight of  96 kg  and a height of ...  125.6 m.

2019-02-14 18:30:41

Yeah, his last move is learned at level 49. This is what we mean by some of the manamon being busted with ineffective moves, or moves that they should have that they don't. It can be quite frustrating. For example, snowmano, or however you spell it, has so much potential, but it just doesn't work.

2019-02-15 07:18:28

Random question of the night, because I'm bored. Anyone care to share team compositions? I've always been curious how others do it. Mine is generally this.
Leonatar, resident earthquaker
Arctana, because I developed a liking for water/ice combos after maining the hell out of lapras in Pokemon crystal. Not a fan of how its 2 best attacks either require charging or have accuracy penalties though. Although admittedly, bubble burst X2 actually works better than storm rush anyway unless your attack would be super effective. Reason I hardly ever touch it.
skirial as resident paraconfuser, plus toxic storm and rage bug although I'm debating replacing it... maybe there's a better way to deal with holy and shadow types than this thing.
guerrerrol, because power kick and gammadrain... just have to remember to keep it away from stormers
I keep pandourbit around for spirit force and backup earthquaker, but thinking about using something else because it's just... so slow.
And lastly, Blaizond.
I also messed with mondevol for a time, but relegated it to box status. tongue
Admittedly though I haven't really messed around with many of the mid/late game manamon yet, I kinda just made the team based off type coverage, found that hey, this works! And kept it for the whole of my story run.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-02-15 07:32:24

Okay, this is some of the stuff I like:

Deciced: not a water type, but hits like a truck and can do shadow damage as well
Submenno: If you really want a water-ice type, this one is arguably better than Arctana. Slower, but stronger.
Grandlan doesn't get Earthquake but he does get crazy coverage.
Mondevol is actually really quite good, maybe even a little bit overpowered once it gets going. It's not super-great at anything but has a lot of HP, and it's a magic type, and magic is OP in this game.
Blaizond is awesome. Let it get Slash as a Mutmo first.
Guerrerrol wrecks most shadow types wholesale.

2019-02-15 08:50:27 (edited by Shadowcat 2019-02-15 09:16:46)

I mean I did try deciced as well, I remember Zuckuss also used it for his let's play. My problem with it though is it just seems to be a lot more squishy... but that might've just been the specific one I used having low defense/HP DVs. For some reason I didn't do the smarter thing and just compare the same one twice by reloading a save. Also its typing does lead to several more weaknesses, but I guess if you're only talking about singleplayer, that doesn't matter nearly as much since AI trainers don't know when to switch in something that'll be able to take advantage.
Update: I actually did just do a comparison. Yeah, deciced definitely does get the better end of the stick as far as actual ice moves are concerned, same two as arctana, but it has the strength to make better use of them. Where as arctana only gets... 1 special-based ice move? And slightly inaccurate at that.
I was under the impression from your guide that you didn't really like submenno though? Or am I misremembering.
Honestly though sometimes I wish this game had received some more support and/or a central server, could've had much more of an online presence. Or maybe it does, I don't know. But if it does, I haven't heard anything. lol

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-02-15 14:11:27

On this play through I have
Deciced, a fast and strong deciced most likely one or two shots most things that don't resist ice. Grate for getting rid of pesky birds and dragons, brandishing shadow sticks at magic types  and possessing an awesome name, spell deciced backwards.
Fauntozaur, it's a  decent water type with quite a bit of health. This is also my starter and a good starter with perfect health is  sentimentaly valued by me.
Fyrate, this is another  one of my heavy hitters and  specifically used to kick shadow  and normal types, like with deciced, if I can  land the first shot with this, the battle turns in my favour.
Autoson, attacking wall, this is my defence manamon but can make water types think again.  Just wish it had more steel moves.
Martiagle, strong and fast, it's fly is one of my favourite air type moves, what with avoiding attacks.  Plus I also love how they can use batterbranch without the stick from its previous form.
Orystar, although not the toughest, if fast and strong in sptk, it can reck most things weak to magic with it's  meteor rush.

My prior team consisted of Leonatar, Deciced, dramegon, kinidul, erroir, what a interesting name, and mondevol