2019-02-10 23:30:39

Hello
I stumbled across a mud called bad trip about a year ago and recently discovered that I could not find it in anything audio games related.  For those that want a very detailed lore and expanded world building, you aren’t going to find that here. However, for those like me who just want to kill things and level up, this is definitely for you.  It doesn’t have any of those in-depth systems or horribly long tutorials. You just start in, learn the basics, and that’s it.  In fact, all you need to know is the typical commands for muds  in general, so if you do, no need to go to the school.  The reason I am posting this is because there seems to be very few players in the game and I really think this game is far more deserving of them, so check it out. The link is below and the connection information is on the website when you click on the link.
https://mudlistings.com/general-and-hyb … 6-bad-trip

2019-02-10 23:31:39

Oh man I used to play this years ago. It's definitely dumb, silly fun.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-02-10 23:39:33

Oh, that reminds me. This game has some sexual language in it. I apologize for not putting that up earlier.  I am sure most of you won’t mind, but still, it is a good idea to put  that warning  there.  I’m glad to hear that someone else also likes it.

2019-02-11 22:02:31

Could you say a bit more about this mud please?
For example, races, classes, how combat works, miniquests or scripted missions, whether it has screen reader adaptations etc. I'm afraid the mud's own website is really quite lacking.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-02-12 00:27:04

As far as I know,  The quest system is lacking. You ask for a quest and he gives you a random target to kill  or object to find.  I use MUDRammer  for iOS, so I can play virtually any mud without any trouble.  As far as classes go, it is your standard warrior, mage, ranger, and thief.  Classes are human, elf, and giant.  Or at least, those of the ones I know of. However, what I like about the weapon system is that it offers you a gun at the beginning of the game, so you can kill anybody in your scanning range if you simply want to shoot them and your gun has  infinite  ammunition.  Just type the word chute  and the desired target in scanning range and the gun will fire.  The combat system is the same as every other mud.  It is nothing complex.

2019-02-12 11:45:26

Well I've had a look at this one.

I like the idea of straight off hack n slash, but the game does seem a bit lacking, for example I was trying to buy items in the newbie mud school and couldn't sue the name of each item since it seems the  are a little off (I couldn't buy the piece of toast at all).

I like the theory in the game to just go and slay in a light hearted way and be very heavy on easy gains, but really I think I prefer something like erion for being a little more coherent with skills etc and not blinding you with numbers, but hay whatever people want.

Access wise there are a few things which are problematic, the formualtion of the score table could be better imho, especially with the amount of stats in the game (a stat display might be nice), also as with a lot of rom and dicu based muds, combat is really quick, far quicker than most I've seen and there is lots of text, this means you don't always get  to notice what the  enemy is doing  and get chance to respond efficiently.

There should be a lower spam combat mode ideally to make this a little more accessible, particularly wen in melee combat with a high hit class like warrior, though obviously if your doing ranged combat matters are somewhat different.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-02-12 14:04:48

I understand. To each their own as they say.