2019-02-11 11:06:57

Hi!
So first of all, I'm definitly sory to bring such a sad topic back on page 1, but I can't find a clear answer and I need to fix this for good.
Is there really, absolutly no way to get back games such as papasangre 1 or 2 or audio defence on our phone? I know this has been asked, but since we al paid for those games, I want to make sure that this is totally impossible before I give up on my ... let's say .. 15 dollars I think if we add all the costs.
Besides, those are probably among the best games we've ever had on mobile, so it's worth asking I guess.
Sory again for remind you of all that!

Best regard,
Simon

2019-02-11 19:01:15

Literally the only way to play them now is on old phones. Since IOS 12 did away with 32 bit apps, if you're running IOS 12 it is impossible to even run them even if you have the app. So the games are all but lost to time now. This is the sad truth of an all digital future. Huge, huge chunks of gaming will be just lost.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-02-11 19:33:25

@stirlock. You mean iOS 11? iOS 10 was the last version of the system you could run it on.

2019-02-11 19:48:19

Maybe it was, I thought it was 12 for some reason.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-02-11 20:35:24

Thanks ! And the same goes for games like soul trapper I guess...

Best regard,
Simon

2019-02-11 23:02:44

What about Aurify? Does anyone remember that great game? And Solara as well. Too many great games are just lost to time.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2019-02-11 23:10:59

Solara was my jam back in the day. I miss it, and there were mistakes in what I built that I wish I could've changed, but they join the Games that Time forgot. RIP.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-02-12 00:31:59

It's the nature of Apple devices. Apple does not follow the if it ain't broke don't fix it mentality very well. They always pull a windows vista except when Microsoft did that, they learned from their mistake when they saw folks jumping back to xp in droves. Apple never does.
I'm not saying this to specifically bash either, but Droidflip for example. Hasn't been updated since who knows how long, and it still works on Android Pi, probably half a dozen major versions after this game's release. Same with audio archery, that's still going strong. Granted those games did not make such heavy use of complicated tools, but try any age-old game on IOS and watch it crash.

2019-02-12 00:54:08

actually your all wrong. i can probably put up a guide or however you guys want me to do it, but i have a iPhone 8Plus, and it rusn iOS 12 of corse, and i am running AudioDefence, TheNightJar, and the PapaSangre games.

2019-02-12 02:04:03

How exactly? Something screams "Jailbreak!", but I'd like to know, if it's ⠇⠑⠛⠁⠇⠲

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-02-12 02:09:39

Hi.
Welll, technically you can't get the games anymore. If you are lucky, you can find ipa files on the web of the somethin else games, at leased for audio defense there is one.

You need to transfer it to your iPhone, with a tool of which I have forgotten the name. I can't do that at the moment because my lightning port is broken and I haven't found a way to do that wirelessly.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-02-12 02:28:52

Oh! I didn't know that was possible, but if you have any trick that works... I'm definitly curious to hear that.

Best regard,
Simon

2019-02-12 02:47:59

ok, making the recording now. its quite simple, for me at least. it requires iTunes, and cidia impactor. so download those before listening to how to do this. but the recording is being made now and i will put it on dropbox when its done, and put a link in it.

2019-02-12 02:58:01 (edited by jack 2019-02-12 02:58:20)

Ok, question about that. I have an iPhone6, running ios12. If I have Cydia Impactor, and I have iTunes and the apps in my purchased library somewhere, I can download the app, sideload to my iPhone, but here's the million dollar question. Will the thing actually run? Have they dickishly disabled the 32bit support like they said they did, or is that just a ploy to purge the app store of so-called old and outdated apps?

2019-02-12 03:22:07

Hi.
Well, sadly I have to find a way to get my lightning port working, cydia impactor doesnt have wireless transfer sadly.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-02-12 04:44:41

Ok i’m curious. I have some games that is now unfortunately removed from the list of purchased apps, namely soul trapper and audio defense.
Is there a way to get them back with the app that you mentioned? Does the jalebrraking process required in order for it to work?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2019-02-12 09:12:00

i will answer your questions 14 and 16
16 no, you do not have to jailbreak in order for this to do this, and jailbreaking is not even known how to do on the latest version of IOS.
@14 they did not disable 32 bit appps running on the OS like they said they did, those terrible people!

2019-02-12 10:09:54

@17 can you make a step by step to get those games back? I want to play audio defense and soul trapper again

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2019-02-12 16:30:40

Hi,
I would sure love to know, too.
I have the ipa's of the audiodefence and the papasangre II games but erm, they are on my iphone 6 plus running ios10, but I'd love to seriously get them on my iphone XS MAX, if you know of a way that doesn't include itunes backups, you will have my undieing gratitude.
As I said, I have the IPA on my phone, but can't get them on my computer because I forgot the password for Itunes backups and once you do that, the only way to get that to backk up is a reset and restore, which I don't think would be such a good idea lmao.
I also have access to an mbp, if that helps any.
Thanks!
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2019-02-12 17:00:44 (edited by jack 2019-02-12 17:01:02)

I had figured as much, considering the 32bit kernel is still utilized. I have a feeling it was just to scare devs away, considering, well, people will buy anything from Apple, literally and figuratively. Lol!
Ok, so now we're at a grayarea tantamount to Bavisoft. This time, though, it's almost worse, because even if you've purchased it, there is literally no way to obtain the game as it was pulled from all sources of the store (including the purchased section.) To that end, there are IPA's available of AudioDefense if you look. It's a matter of what's ethically correct at this point. If you were a paying customer when this game was out, then there is technically nothing wrong with this method of re-obtaining it, as this is just like a cd-only game breaking, only the copies are artificially all out of stock. If you have not bought the game, well, then who knows what's right or not at this point, since Somethin Else pretty much dropped their game division (shame, as those were some talented developers.) Would they consider this a compliment to see people not listening to what Apple said and playing the games on new devices anyway and still enjoying them? Who can tell. For obvious reasons of safety here and still respecting a no cracks policy I will not link to where to find some of these though. But now that this discussion has been brought up, maybe a moderator will chime in and let us know what they think about this whole thing.

2019-02-12 22:08:38

Can you please tell us how to side load apps swamp gamer? I really wanna finally beet the nightjar and papa sangre too. And have another go at audio defence, I had all the weapons at one point. Man I loved that machine gun, loading it took ages though.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2019-02-12 22:41:12

Ok, sidia impactor, done. I just need to find the ipa files related to the few games I'm looking for and we'll be good to go.
Any advice regarding this ?

Best regard,
Simon

2019-02-12 23:45:29

likejack, i don't think it is safe for me to put a link for them in here, sense technically they are paid games, that you can't get anymore so yeah. but here is how to do it.
1. install iTunes if you don't have it already, but if you have a apple product, why you don't have it is beyaund me.
2. download cidia imactor, and extract it.
3. get the .ipa files you want for the games you wish to play.
4. sign into your apple ID account page and create a app specific password to use with cidia impactor.
5. open cidia impactor, and connect your phone threw USB, but plug it in first, then open cidia impactor.
6. go to the device menu, and select install package, or press i.
7. point it to the .ipa file.
8. put in your apple ID password  for logging in.
9. put in the app specific password  you generated earlier.
10. wait while it extracts everything to your phone. after like 5 or so minutes, hit insert+b and whenever it says complete, 90% then do the next one, or exit out of cidia impactor
11. go to settings>general>device managemnt>your apple ID> and allow apps from your apple ID to be ran on your device.
12. run the game!
note: you will have to re extract this after 7 days for a original apple ID, or after 1 year for a development apple ID.

also back on the discussion. can someone help me get down the ladder in the night jar? it moves me near the thing that wants to eat me and i can't escape or turn away from it and i keep dying. its impossible i think, can you tell me how to do it?
also what is the best terro cards and way to get coins  quickly in zombie arena.
i really want all of the weapons. i already have the hunting rifle, sonic cannon, revolver, tiny mg, and sonof shotgun all the way leveled up, and the tacticle rifle is at level 3 or 2.
i also am on the last arena. and on the level that is military grade weaponrey level, what is the best way oto beat that one? thanks in advance!

2019-02-12 23:51:27

Spoilers regarding The Nightjar:
Just go straight down the ladder. NO turning. And don't walk too fast, but don't walk too slow either. They're chasing you but it doesn't really sound it. Just get into that liferaft.

2019-02-13 02:05:36

As far as jailbreaking goes, jailbreaks are actually in the works for IOS 12, and there is actually already a rootless jailbreak available, but you have to manually install tweaks onto your phone yourself which is just so much fun(/s). (but even package managers are in the works as well) Besides the point though, Cydia Impactor is a great tool that lets you sideload apps onto your IOS device using a developer’s certificate. The only annoying part about it is that you have to reinstall an app onto your phone every seven days. If you buy an Apple developer account, you can go a year without having to sideload your apps again. There are services online that allow you to sign apps without having to constantly use Cydia Impactor again, but some of them are very sketch, and the one's that aren't are paid subscriptions. Sadly, Audio Defense still has bugs (whether it runs or not) so I've had a lot of crashing experiences with it, but you can get something out of it at least. I also believe that there's a limit to how many apps you can sideload at once using cydia Impactor, but I'm not sure off the top of my head what it is. Of course, you could get around this if you have multiple Apple ID's, but it's never been worth it for me. I've missed Stem Stumper for so long, but due to a careless mistake, I lost my ipa. (at least I think I did) so I can't find it anywhere else.

Trying to free my mind before the end of the world.