2019-02-11 21:43:30

So I have been delving into music trackers again. I have been getting some headway with Open Mod Plug Tracker.
1. In the pattern editor if you set your step size to 0 and use the goto dialog You will have no problem using patterns. I have talked to the developer and he has put some accessibility output in the pattern editor. You have to use NVDA plus tab to read the currently focused part of the note such as the instrament colums.
2. You have to use a lot of object navigation. If you use obj pad for nvda it is very easy as changing your mode.

What has been your accessibilty ventures been like with other trackers. I haven't tried any of the others because I'm not really into chip tunes.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2019-02-11 23:29:39

My best bet has been with famitracker (and 0ccft as well), followed by Raster music tracker.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2019-02-12 09:28:24 (edited by musicalman 2019-02-12 09:30:00)

Open MPT is the only one I can use semi-reliably. The only thing I haven't figured out how to do at all is create multisample instruments. You can import SFZs and do it that way, but I want to do it normally if possible. Aside from that, I have actually started some modules with it, complete with patterns, the order list, and customizing the different envelopes on the instruments. It's still a very painful process for me to produce something with it, especially since tracking in general isn't what I'm used to, but I am getting better at it smile. One day I plan to start some kind of podcast on it, since I think it would help others. But I'm lazy, and I still have large gaps in my knowledge, so I have no clue when or if this will happen.

My experiences with Famitracker are mixed. It's easy enough to set up instruments but there isn't much in the way of looking at your pattern grid and this discourages me. Also, I don't know how to add effects columns. I'm the type of person who likes to add a lot of effects to things, I don't just want bland notes. So, I have given up writing serious things with Famitracker until it is easier to read things. Sadly, that doeswn't look very likely with the way current development affairs are going. Last I heard, there is no official development, and the branches that exist are either discontinued or are slow, with 0cc being the only one that's considered active. I do like 0cc though, but don't know if the guy is interested or able to address accessibility improvements. I would guess not.

I haven't looked at Raster music tracker. In fact this topic is the first i've ever heard of it, but it looks interesting from the web site at least. I'll have to see what I can make of it.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2019-02-12 22:12:36

Regarding somewhat accessible chiptune trackers, there's also this:
http://freestuff.grok.co.uk/beepola/

2019-02-12 22:26:26

forgot about that one. Unfortunately it's blocked by the local library. Downloading at home isn't really an option because of bandwidth concerns.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2019-02-13 02:08:54

@musicalman
Please do. I never have enough podcasts. I think it would be interesting to see how you navigate the program. I've tried a few a long time ago, but it didn't last long. I wasn't able to find one with enough usability.

Trying to free my mind before the end of the world.

2019-02-13 03:00:32

@ManFromTheDark,
Haven't heard of that one either. I'll have to check it out!
@BoundTo
Cool, I'll definitely keep this in mind! In the meantime if you want assistance with something, I'd be happy to help.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2019-02-13 07:08:28

How about that one?

https://bulba.untergrund.net/vortex_e.htm