2019-02-11 12:37:20

Hello,
Today, I tried using the OCR addon for NVDA for the first time to read steam. I've Windows 7, so I have to use the Addon and can't use the build-in OCR. But I don't understand how this works. I go to the steam object with object navigation, press nvda+r and the program says "text recognition" and after a while "Finished". So it seems all went well, but how can I see the recognized text? There is now new window, nothing at all. As I said, I'm using the add-on for the first time so it's maybe a very simple problem. Can anybody explain me how to use it?
Thanks in advance.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2019-02-11 14:59:06

use objekt nav

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-02-11 18:10:20

wtf wtf you are in windows 7 and you can use ocr? wow.

Yours kindly

2019-02-11 18:21:44

I am on xp and can use it. Most times I get jibberish though.

2019-02-11 21:41:22

@post3
NVDA add-ons for OCR have been around for a while, it's just now, you can press NVDA+r even though you don't have an OCR add-on in Windows 10 to use Windows OCR.
HTH

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2019-02-11 23:32:52

I wantto know how to use OCR as well, only in windows 10 instead. Hoq do you interact with links and buttons with OCR? I tested it with the SRS Premium Sound HD app on my computer. It read out the formerly invisible settings but cant figure out how to interact with them.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2019-02-19 15:35:34

I'd like to learn how to use this feature on windows 10 also, But I'm a very new NVDA user, and might need a lil more deatale then some. lol
Any help would be seriously appreciated.
smile