2018-07-09 18:14:48

ok, if the fighter has not fought yet then the only info you will have is his height.

So if he is taller the chances he might be a counter puncher or even a sissy, unless I had hiss weight class and height though I cannot really give any accurate advice.

2018-07-09 19:18:56

Even so, if I had a fight, how am I supposed to know which one of us has the strength advantage, the agility advantage, the speed advantage. I checked, I'm his first match.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-09 23:15:37 (edited by llecha 2018-07-09 23:16:53)

ironcross32

You can't get that info. Straightly. But you can reason things out. After checking a couple of your opponent's previous fights, you can see what style he uses mostly. If he uses counter a lot, for example, he's tall, then he's a counterpuncher, right. So he has a good speed, very light build etc You can imagine his build in total, not detailed, but in general.

For the first fights, it's a bit harder, cos of lack of info. But still you can check what's his height. In general the rule is: the shorter- the stronger or the taller the weaker. If your opponent is taller than you, he has less strength than you. Also you can check his other fighters, guys tend to run similar fighters. If most of his fighters are ropists,the new one is a ropist also probably.

2018-07-09 23:33:41

Ah ok. One annoying thing I was trying to use sparring to tune my fp a bit, see where things fall apart, then tweak. But you have to fill in the damn thing so many times, and when my opponent got DQ'd for cheating, which I never eve put in the damn sparring form, Spar again reset the form, so frustrating. I don't want to sit there and fill out that damn form so many times. I wish they would have a way to randomize the plan until it looks good, or have several premade ones to choose from. Yeah you can change the guy, but it leave the plan at like 6/8 all the time.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-09 23:34:56

karate25

I checked your fight with one of my dudes. It's not bad. But you someway lost this "H" in the second headhunting attempt in round 6. So your fighter went 5/10/5 instead of 5H/10/5. This headhunting adds 20% to your stun power, not much but still.

Another thing I've already mentioned, the taller your opp is the more aggressive you should be

in short- if your opponent taller or same height with you, you should be more aggressive- start with 9/1/10, 10/1/9

when your opponent is shorter than you, then less aggressive- 7/1/10, 8/1/10

if much shorter then 5/1/14, 6/1/13

So you should write a several variants of the same FP with low, medium and high aggression. And vs tall guys you should use a high aggressive one.

The total number of the points which you spread between aggression- power - defence is always = 20. So 5/6/9, 7/1/12, 10/3/7, 6/7/7, 5/10/5 etc

Check your fights, think them over, try to find a way you could do better.

2018-07-09 23:51:26

ironcross32

Oh, you use practice fights? That's awesome, the fastest way to learn how all this works.

You should use "Practice Fights" then "advanced form" where you can put any build + any FP in for 2 fighters and generate fight report

You should not reset/fill the form many times. In the bottom of the page, after the report generated, you may find your form with all stats saved (only fighters build are being changed to normal all the time). But if you go back, on the previous page, everything in your form stayed saved as it was

2018-07-10 00:14:19

that's not how it was when I did it. It said spar again, I pressed that, it put me on the page, but everything was reset

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-10 00:58:36

Aaa lol

Dude, you're in the wrong place, you found this link on one of your fighter's page, right?

"Beginners might want to get into the ring with a sparring partner"

It's for fun, but not the right place.

Go there: lefthand bar -> Practice Fights (Your Gym submenu)

There you can do very different things very easy, create different opponents, give them FPs, test your FPs vs them etc

2018-07-10 02:08:30

Yeah that's where I was. Oh, OK, there's a different one, I'll check it out.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-21 00:01:00

Well shit, I'm scared, fight for tomorrow against a big mofo, he like 7 feet one inch and my guy's 6 foot one inch, so he has a full foot of height on me. I'm screwed, screwed!

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-23 02:20:01

No luck

Too many mistakes, mate. I can't get what was your tactic. Jabs to the body in round 1, then some power punches with no target, then jabs again. Maybe something went very wrong cos of this stun in round 1.

The main task in the game is to balance between winning rounds and trying to win endurance. You somehow were losing both things in the fight.

The problem is either in your build or in your FP. Plus being so much shorter (i.e. stronger, i.e. having more strength) you should have used a style for the fighters with higher strength- either clinch or inside, clinch is a better option.

So start with

1) 4B/8/8 (clinch);

then add some other lines

if mystuns > hisstuns then 4B/6/10 (clinch);

if score < -2 then 7/6/7  (clinch);

The idea is to try to make him tired, when you begin to be behind on points too much- try to take a round with 7/6/7. Plus you may add some other conditions, when he's tired for example. No need to do something huge, but do need to put some logic in your FP, the idea of how you're going to win it.

I bet you could win it with

1) 4B/8/8 (clinch);

if score < -2 then 7/6/7  (clinch);

2018-07-23 02:57:21

I didn't change the plan for this guy because I didn't know what to do with it.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-23 22:17:42

Dude, you should think, learn, there's no other way to find the way. I can help only if you want to get it

2018-07-24 02:46:16

lol, I knew I should not have tried this game, I like it, but I just suck at strategy games.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-25 01:26:32 (edited by llecha 2018-07-25 23:20:23)

your comments are good, it means you understand some things

but to do better you should dive a bit deeper in it

the main problem you should get too much info at once, it's not easy. I propose you this: run freak clincher type. it allowes you not to think about style and your tactics much, this type does the same thing nearly always.

the build is something like this

Strength     29
Knockout Punch     0
Speed     15
Agility     1
Chin     11
Conditioning     13
Cut Resistance     Low
Winning Streak   
Rating    0     Status    0
Height    5 feet (152 centimeters)
Build    very heavy
Weight     160 pounds (72 kilograms)
Minimum Weight     154 pounds (69 kilograms)

any weight from welter till cruiser

the tactic is to wear your opponent out and finish after. the basic FP for him is

1) 4B/8/8 (clinch);

if round > 3 then 5B/8/7 (clinch);

if round > 6 then 5B/9!/6 (clinch);

if score = -4 then 7/6/7  (clinch);

if round > 6 and score < -1 then 7/6/7  (clinch);

if round > 8 and score < 2 then 8/6/6  (clinch);

if opponent = tired and endurance_percent > 67 then   6B/9/5 (clinch);

if (round - 12) > score then   6H/11!/3  (clinch);

create a few similar guys, give them this FP and check how it all works

2018-09-26 00:45:35

How it goes, guys?

2019-02-09 00:40:05

Does anyone new want to try it?

It's a sport based logic game in general.

2019-02-09 19:37:47 (edited by Dark 2019-02-10 00:37:28)

Just to let anyone know who hasn't' seen the topic in site and forum feedback, WEBL now has a db page, find it here

I tried the game out and I did my best with the description, but if there is any additional information which more experienced WEBL players would like to add just let me know.

As I said a long time ago in this topic, sports management isn't really a preferd genre of mine, nor am I experienced in boxing lingo, but obviously I want the description to be both informative and  encourage potential new players to try the game out.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-02-09 20:04:30

hi what is  the link please

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2019-02-09 21:19:23

http://webl.vivi.com/

its also got a db page with the link as I said.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-02-09 22:38:02

Dark

Very nice description, thanks. And very detailed and accurate for a man who just took a look. Cheers, man.

2019-02-10 00:42:50

@llecha your welcome. I tried to look at the game as completely as I could in a relatively short space of time including fighter and fight plan creation, reading all the help files and running some practice bouts.

while I still don't think WEBL is exactly my thing I didn't want to be unfair to people who might enjoy the game, as many people obviously do.

2019-02-10 23:16:31

Looks like you do a great job for the community, kudos to you

Let me know if you ever decide to try it again, I'd gladly help you with anything

2019-02-12 20:05:12

WEBL fans I have a few questions. I recently just logged into my account that I created years ago. only thing I did years ago was create a fighter, and did a couple sparring matches. well the fighter is no longer than, and my record is 0-2. I don't know how I have 2losses on my record if I never had a real match, so my question is, is there any way I can reset my record? also, I have a match coming up in a week, is there a way I can get one sooner than that? and last question, how do I get more points to upgrade my skills, seeing how the game only starts you off with 70

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2019-02-13 03:39:26

Reseting the record. There's no need to reset this record really, it means nearly nothing. Most of managers have 3-4 fights a day, so a couple of losses is nothing in fact. Of course you can create a new gym with zero record, but it's just a waste of time.

To fight sooner. No, the game works on weekly basis, so each fighter fights once a week. You should create 15-20 fighters and, in a week, you'll get fights every day.

Skills update. A fighter gains an ability point (AP) every time his status grows. Status grows when you win in short. So by winning fights you can reach status 28 with 110 APs.

I recommend you not to bother about your record, create 15-20 fighters and test the game learning in the process. You won't be winning much at first, but in several months, depending on your will and effords, you begin to win more and more. You should be able to think things over to become successful in this game. Communication helps a lot too, asking questions, wishing to understand. It's a leisurely deliberate game.