2019-02-06 21:27:39 (edited by amerikranian 2019-02-07 05:59:30)

I would like to start by saying that I'm not Sam or Carter, I'm just looking at what ifs here.
A lot of people are mad that Redspot was down. Here are some reasons why I think bgt version was closed.
1: Admins and server issues. Post 1125 clearly shows their ignorance when it comes to running an online game. Finding admins is easy, finding good admins is what takes time. Finding admins that won't abuse power and or stay cool-headed in situations is what makes things difficult. Trust me: If you think you can be an admin, you probably can't. Most admins are asked, read, gently forced into accepting their new job.
2: While Redspot was a thing, topics that caused a lot of issues came up on a regular bases. While I agree that Sam could have adjusted the game based on the feedback he received, the fact remains. He didn't. I don't know about you, but I would eventually grow tired of seeing topics that talk crap about me and my game. Some of you just need to accept it: Redspot has a chance of staying dead for ever. I'm not saying it will, mind you, I'm just saying that it's a possibility.
3: Let's say that Redspot will be back. Can you imagine what a hype it will cause? I can. I can also imagine people screaming that they want this or that back, or that they don't like something and they wanted Sam to change it here and now! I can't imagine Sam looking forward to it. And to people who think that nothing will remain changed, here's a shocker: It will. Redspot will change. Sam is not the type who would forget the topics that made the forum burn, not while Carter is at his side, anyways.
4: Most of you haven't even considered the time it takes to create a game! It takes time, trust me. It takes time to iron out those bugs, takes time playing with the attacks formulas, it takes time to make sure that nothing is being leaked over the network. If Sam releases Redspot only to find out that it has a crucial bug in it, nobody will be happy.

2019-02-06 22:48:32

*Sighs*
This is why I think we all benefit from offline games.
No drama, no internet requirements so you can play it anywhere, and the fact that you can always play it without worrying for servers going down or devs stopping the project.
Carter, if you read this, consider making the next RS offline, as it will benefit everyone... and if anyone disagrees with me, I don't see what the problem is. :d

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-02-07 04:22:29 (edited by Jod 2019-02-07 04:27:25)

@amirikranian, you guys are one of the reasons that this happened to redspot in the firstplace, all your fucking complainings just because you all were noobs and couldn't defeat a team called SCM and you really, really had to make topics in ag net forum, spam admins, and be a deek because you couldn't destroy a team.

you are one of the complainers, you made a topic. you have no room to talk.

2019-02-07 10:11:28 (edited by dzsoker 2019-02-07 10:16:58)

@1128 are you okay? Redspot ofline mode? What do you want to do? Running and getting bonuses? That's not the real game. Redspot is an online game, the challenge is in defeating the other players. With npcs, nooo that wouldn't be good. The main thing is the multiplaying, the human reactions on the other side... That's an unique game in the fps category, and i think that's the best. So i think reprogramming it in ofline mode, putting some bots in it, which only some calculated enemyes... Noooo... It was okay when there were some robots which you can activate, while you could chase it and catch the other guy who tried to avoid the bot's fire. But no other npcs... That's the problem with your idea. And AlirezaNosrati, just one thing, scm had more active members. With that you could stock up tons of eq, which made you unbeatable. I didn't have problem with it, i could cause problem for nearly everyone big_smile but that's realy unbalanced. I don't throwing just problems, i have idea for balancing it, limited storage based on team members. Scm can stock up for starting, you can make defense etc, and your strength will remain because of the active members. Just it won't accept 100 mil shields in storage, allthough don't know how many did you have just know it was so lot smile

2019-02-07 10:18:08

I realy and totaly, compleatly disagree with you, at post 1128: rofl

2019-02-07 16:42:37

@@1130, This is the exact proof of the point I made.
Online games cause disagreements, and that's clearly proved in your post.
1. I was stating my opinion, which by all means you can disagree with, but not to a point where you think making fun of me is going to get you anywhere.
2. I said "This is why I think" yes think, not know, that people benefit from offline games.
That doesn't mean to say, oh hell! Saiyan's made a comment, and now we have to crush him as best we can just because we don't agree with him.
In fact, there are a lot of FPS games like Cod and stuff, so why don't you right to the developers of games like that and go, Hey, I don't like NPC's in games!
Kindly remove them from the game, because I don't like them and I say so. :d
I don't know why you have to comment on the offence @dzsoker

2019-02-07 17:14:56

well guys, team scm, best team in rs, with 27000 and i think more kills. Powerful members, weapons, and etc. Well me and some my friends, try killing scm members but, ahem 50 k or some that in bf you can't kill her him. So, in june, sam and  carter made history day in rs! scm destroyed! but that was bad destroying.

Yours kindly

2019-02-07 21:29:31

I know that I shouldn't post this, but here we go.
@AlirezaNosrati, I'll pick your points apart 1 by 1:
I'm one of the complainers. Did I ever say I wasn't? I don't recall me doing so...
I'm a newbie. Excuse me while I promptly go die of laughter. I am not a newbie, far from it, in fact. The problem is no matter how skilled you are, you will be taken down by somebody with more equipment. If a rabbit gets in a tank and attacks a fox, the tank will win not because the rabbit had skill, but because he had more room for errors. Had the rabbit fought the fox on an even ground, the fox would most likely win.
While this is a bad example, it does get the point across. The problem is not skill, it's the resources one has at his or her control. I could be as skilled as I wanted, and I would have still lost to somebody with 300 quads and grenades, 500 shielded, and 36k health.
You spammed admins: Hang on, when did I do that? Logs please? Evidence? Posts? Messages? Yeah, that's what I thought. In the future, if you want me or anyone else to take you seriously, provide evidence for your statements.
Making topics in ag forum: Hang on a sec, show me 2 topics which I have created that concerned Redspot. If you can do it, go ahead. If you can't well. I made a topic, a single topic, so please be accurate with your accusations.
I caused Redspot to go down? Wow, I'm honored. Looks like somebody gave me too much credit. I don't think I was the last straw, in fact, I'm quite sure of it. If you can prove me otherwise, again. More power to you. I'm more than willing to listen.
Me being a deek? What's that? If you mean dick, when, where, and how? Again, yoou accuse me, without providing a single evidence to back up your claim.
So, to reiterate: Please don't post accusations unless you're ready to back them up with hard cold evidence, as it makes you look like a foolish child who is throwing a fit.

2019-02-08 10:03:13

@1132 sorry yeah it was offensive... Just can't imagine redspot as an ofline game, and also that was and i hope that'll be my favorite fps game, and the best while playing was the human reactions on the other end. Gained a ton of eq, killed a lot of players for stuff, gained theyr items right after item grabbing. Then they grouped and hunted me down if they could, or a more experienced player killed me, etc. Can't imagine that with npcs. So again sorry for the offense i don't have problem with you, just the idea shocked me smile

2019-02-08 17:53:09

@1135... NP.
I totally get your preferences of battling against human players, heck it must make ya feel good if you killed someone with a lot of loot... imagine how angry you must make them feel smile.
But as you probably no, in some games, take BK3 for example, although they'res lots of NPCS, the variety of them is good, and you can change the difficulty of their playstyle should you prefer a harder battle for victory smile

2019-02-08 18:38:54

at 1133, the redspot had some bad things in team sistem, eg, the teams should build with base, and yes, more base, more team!

2019-02-10 00:49:31

The new rs has already been created you see? This topic is the battlefield, and our words are the weapons. The main difference between the old and new rs is with this one we make the rules. We code the next big event (arguement).

2019-02-10 01:08:45

what i meant was people who complained and posted topics and spammed and spammed and spammed and kapped being deeks were the reason redspot  is gong in my opinion

2019-02-10 12:38:52

let's wait like 6 or 9 months and again if not it's gone. I know devs don't have much time but you need post something like it's gone, or we are working on that, or idk.

Yours kindly

2019-02-10 13:35:53

post1138 rights: rofl

2019-02-10 22:27:48

all you fuck tards still on this dam redspot topic, please, understand redspot is down, so fucking deal with it. I would like to ask all the modderaters to take this topic down, since redspot is no longer active. or move it to a diferent topic room, since the game is no longer around. once the new version comes around, then sam could just remake the topic.

2019-02-10 22:54:26

@ post1142 why you are raging like that?
I mean, if they want let them doo that, they are just talking so well, for me you can fuck of

Proud contributor to the manjaro project! www.manjaro.org