2019-02-08 03:44:49

Hey guys. Recently, I’ve been making a game called roryboxing. But I havn’t really been getting much suggestions/feedback on it. So, if you have any suggestions or feedback, please do post them here so I can try to add some more things to it, I’ve rann out of ideas for it as the codebase does not really permit me to make much more without removing a huge chunk of it, and now that I’m much more experienced in bgt, I think that I should and could do more. So, do you think i should just do it from scratch again? I’m fine to do so, if you guys want. Do you think I should have the old ver archived so you guys can still play around with it for those that wanted it?
Thank you so much for your feedback.
Kind regards,
Rory

2019-02-08 18:46:17

OOO! I have lots of ideas!
First:
Combos! Combos combos combos!
Different punches dependent on where you are, and maybe a slight randomness factor could push back or stun for a slight time, giving the ability to chain punches. This would be kind of hard to ballence, but, I'd be willing to help with that.
Smarter AI's, I'm not sure if bgt is capable of it, but having AI's possibly learn your movement paterns if you do things to much...
Moving around the ring, dodging, feinting, uppercuts... Shall I continue?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-02-08 21:43:40

i have a ide,a stop using the worst coding language in all audio gaaming existance! stop using bgt, and mauybe learn python, or some other weird code programming  language thing. bgt aint the best, butt it is simple and easy to learn, i must admit. but that simplicity is going to come back and make sure you are not happy the next time you sit down, hahahhaha.

2019-02-08 21:50:47

oo! oo! oo!
maybe 3d sound?
and chars

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-02-08 22:51:20

good ideas all. @3: people have come to believe that the right thing to say to all the devs is... stop using bgt. well, it isn't. we're trying to move away from it and we're doing our best but as soon as you start programming you will know exactly what I mean. I am trying to learn python.
thank you for your understanding, and thank you both for the ideas

2019-02-08 23:43:55

moving away from bgt is hard because of a few things, most notably, syntax

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-02-09 01:27:43

Hi,
Just adding my two cents here regarding a previous post, but I do not think that bgt supports 3d sounds. I am not sure though.

2019-02-09 02:34:02

with certain includes it does

----------

2019-02-09 04:40:07

with those certain includes it doesn't again, because the sound object by itself is 2d not 3d.

2019-02-10 10:21:01

Learning the syntax of another language is doable.  One of the big problems I see with another language is making sure that you can deal with sounds without a hell of a lot of drama.  For example, implementing sound things with directX in C++?  Fucking forget it.  I refuse to go through that much headache.  It's a ridiculous amount of bullshit.

2019-02-10 13:35:22

ad pain sounds

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-02-12 16:41:09

Hi!
I kind of like rory boxing, i am not playing it so often any more but still some times. Making the ai harder is possible i think. It depents on how the ai works. I for an example also once made a boxing game, what i will not publish because a game like this already exists now, and with my ai it wouldn't have worked because this was just performing random moves. But it should work somewhere.
@ the true swamp gamer: in my oppinion it's a bad idea to learn a language and then a month later suddenly go away from it. Also, as i know and tried my self, python can only work with commantline, versus bgt that can directly run a script. Also most wrappers for an example for nvda are for bgt. And also i am right now quite happy with bgt, and because i am not planing to code grafical interfaces for now it's also good for me. The virus thing is anoying i know, but come one every doode knows how to define exepcions.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber