2019-02-08 06:13:57

so i don't understand does @22 asks mahdi to join his religion or is it another troll big_smile

2019-02-08 06:28:41 (edited by defender 2019-02-09 13:36:50)

I used to say that too Jade, and I'm still not religious. But considering how many social norms that we now take for granted as baseline decency were heavily pushed by the church to become that way... It's kinda like how the church actually had a big roll in science for several centuries, even if it was all within the context of religion somehow.

Also Mahdi, this is how you change personality.
Step 1: Pull out red handle and turn 90 degrees to the right, then release.
step 2. Press blue button upper panel marked QG5, hold for 3 seconds.
step 3: Flip switches AD1, AD2 and AD4 to off position, confirm that associated indicators have turned from amber to red.
Step 4: Flip switches AD3, VH1, and VH2 to on position, confirm that associated indicators have turned from red to amber.
step 5A: Turn right hand side main dial to setting 15.
Step 5B: Turn left hand side main dial to setting 15.
Step 6: pull external boom arm control lever back sharply, full to stops, then engage lock.
step 7: Insert master control key and turn clockwise. Remove when alert buzzer sounds.
Step 8: Press right hand side foot peddle down fully and hold.
Step 9: Change secondary alignment slider to position 9
Step 10A: Arm master switch by firmly pulling downward until click is heard.
Step 10B: Arm auxiliary power switch by firmly pulling downward until click. is heard.
Step 11: Enter following sequence on control pad, confirm before pressing submit. 4,9,7,1,1,5,7,3,0,0,8,7,4,2,0,6,0,9,2,5.
Step 12: Wait 25 seconds for klaxon to sound.
Step 13: Firmly press in large yellow knob marked change personality until ring of lights around perimeter flash orange 3 times, then release.
Step 14: Confirm with central command and log time.

2019-02-08 08:19:27

How is it rude you ask? Look at what you write in 25. What's polite in it?

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2019-02-08 08:45:11

@Defender You say the church pushed a lot of that, and okay, you're right, it did and does. But ask yourself this. Is morality only practised because the church pushes it? Or is it more likely that the church latched onto morality as something which already existed and then used it? It's a chicken-egg question which, to me, has a solid answer. You are, of course, free to disagree entirely. But the way I see it is that human beings have had the capacity to be colossal jerks for literally hundreds of thousands of years, as well as the capacity to do well by their fellow humans, and they've only had organized religion in the latter, say, 10% of that time period, roughly. So I'm afraid I don't buy it, personally.
Also, regarding your point about science and religion: uh, Galileo was only officially pardoned in 1992. That should tell you everything you need to know regarding churches and progress, right there.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-02-08 13:01:12

If I were a troll then I would have been banned years ago. What religion am I asking you to join? Did I at any time specify a religion? If I did then I do humbly apologise for doing that. Kind regards, Amin Abdullah

2019-02-08 13:52:34

i've read your posts and 69% of them are about religions and forcing people to join  a religion

2019-02-08 14:55:15

you have enemies? that's not a good sine if you want to be a good person
"thanks a lot jaid, +1
I want to know why know one dont trusts me, and whats my enemies problems with me: tell me guys, with know drama/war in this topic"

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2019-02-08 17:42:12 (edited by bashue 2019-02-08 17:43:46)

Have you read them or are you making an assumption? I notice you're evading my question. Exactly what religion am I promoting here? More importantly, which one have I been promoting on other topics?

2019-02-08 19:26:42

seeing people like you just piss's me off and makes me feel sorry about this world.

2019-02-08 19:50:23 (edited by bashue 2019-02-08 19:53:21)

So, not only are you going to evade my question at every turn but you're never going to back up your arguments with any kind of proof. I do back mine up with proof and the proof is in not only how I live my life, but how I word things. I honestly have no idea how to continue in this discussion because I'll lose each and every time. Therefore, I will leave you alone for the foreseeable future. You indeed cannot run from the darkness; you are indeed everywhere. Therefore, I will ask Mother/Father to help me by purging the darkness out of my soul.

Kind regards, Amin Abdullah.

2019-02-09 00:09:21

This is not an official moderation, but it's close.

As one fellow forum user to another, I'm going to ask for a little understanding here. Bashue may be heavy-handed (sorry, Bashue, it's how I feel) but there is no actual forcing going on here. A little preaching, maybe, but no forcing. And that doesn't make Bashue a troll; he's perfectly free to do what he's doing, as I'm perfectly free to say I think it's a little bit much. We can sort of agree to disagree with no shots fired, as it were, and I'm going to ask that others try and do the same thing.

I maintain what I said about people not, in fact, needing any religion to have morals, but if you disagree, that's your prerogative and I won't try and take it from you.

2019-02-09 05:31:02

look at his posts, 96% of them are about religion, what is this? a religious forum? and @bashu, my nickname is DarkAlireza, yes. you can't run from me haahahahahah but i suggest you find a religious forum if you want to do this because not everyone is religious here.

2019-02-09 07:19:22

in my epeenien, we cant select all of people's religions: let them to be with they oen religion!

2019-02-09 08:20:40 (edited by bashue 2019-02-09 08:25:04)

Greetings Jayde.

That is indeed a fair statement you made. I will of course endeavour to be as respectful as possible and never throw stones at glass houses because my house is also made of glass. Put it another way, I'll endeavour to treat people the way I want to be treated, even if they treat me in a way that I do not want to be treated. I do not mean to come across as heavy handed and I must admit, I don't know how not to be. I take no offence to people treating me in the very same manor as how I'm treating people here via my posts; I've always considered it to be them simply guiding me and giving me the freedom to choose whether or not I want to follow them in that particular piece of advice. There are some things my mentor teaches that I just cannot follow because my heart and conscience won't allow me to so do but such things are very few and far between. I always tell people in such instances to make their own informed decisions. I do in fact tell people to make their own informed decisions no matter what.

Kind regards, Amin Abdullah.

2019-02-09 14:19:40 (edited by defender 2019-02-10 04:32:30)

@29 I see your point. We had tribal society long before organized religion, though you could argue that their was allot of spiritualism there too, so still religion but on a smaller scale, just as humans them selves were.
Morals are morals even if they didn't match up with what the big empires considered civilized even a few thousand years ago, but mostly I'm speaking of the foundations for modern morals in the more developed parts of the world, not a list of basic rules past down by word of mouth by elders and likely more concerned about how much an individual is aloud to eat based on their status than the protection of women from rape for instance.
And yet, religion has been and is still the big stick that gets used to back up the words in much of the world, and until a few decades ago even modern, highly complex laws were mostly based around god on paper, and still are in some places even if only in word.

As for religion and science, I urge you to do more research rather than relying on one or two famous anecdotes.
As I did say, religion only aloud science it saw no threat from, at times more restrictive and at other times less, but that doesn't detract from the major human progress it resulted in any more than the evil way the Nazi experiments were conducted detracts from how much more we now understand about hypothermia for instance.
Yes, it introduces bias, and the knowledge gained may be horded for a time, but eventually more likely than not it will get out and be built upon by others in the future.
Early astronomy, writing and reading, philosophy, complex mathematics, chemistry, genetics, acoustics, botany, and many types of artistry were all discovered or expanded in some way within the context of religion or aided by the wealth of the church.
And I'm not just talking about western religions here either.
Could we have achieved the same without religion? Possibly, but without it's organizing nature and nearly universal quest for human betterment, it's pretty hard to say.
It's done plenty of harm too, and clearly still does, but denying these facts is intellectually disingenuous.

2019-02-09 23:13:36

I definitely don't deny those facts, but whether or not the religion itself is responsible is the big question, isn't it? I mean, if we'd had an organization of atheists, could they have done the same thing? Or an organization of people with black hair or freckles? That's the burden of proof you'd face, honestly, to prove that religion itself, and not just the people who purport to practise it, are actually responsible for these advances. I'm not saying they aren't, but the onus would be on you to prove that they are. It's tricky business, to be sure.

2019-02-10 04:36:43

True that. I mean allot of it was in the context of getting closer to god via certain pursuits, but you could get the same by just going for a general quest for knowledge or betterment, and we'd probably have been far ahead of where we are now if that had happened sooner.
Those types of systems also tend to attract elitism and the hording of wealth/knowledge too though, when ever power is involved, so you might not end up much worse off in the end.

2019-02-10 06:24:34

The other issue is that in a lot of cases, those people didn't have adequate understanding, and so all their pursuits ended in a "therefore God" brick wall. And I get it, that's what happens when religion tries to answer things. But in most cases, pure scientists are trying to figure things out because they're curious and/or ignorant, and when a hypothesis doesn't work, they largely go "Okay, that's busted. Next idea?". Religion sometimes has not done that. They've clung to ideas and concepts because they're round and religiously significant or whatnot.
Again, not totally slamming religion here. One of the things it's got going for it is that it attracts and fosters fellowship in a way that secular organizations often have trouble with...so I'm not decrying it outright. At worst, I'm only suggesting that morality and religion operate on separate streams, and that one is not epistemologically linked to the other. Philosophy FTW!

2019-02-10 12:59:43

Hi,
I saw this Topic yesterday and wanted to comment on Mahdi today. But I open this Topic and what do I see? A clash of religions? Like what the fuck? Aren't we supposed to help Mahdi improve himself?
With that aside, I'll go on:
The first Thing to do is to improve your English. Your writing often leads to misunderstandings and that is because of your poor English.
And my second advice is: stop trying to Play game developer, annoying everyone with clones we don't want.
That's it from me, good luck Mahdi!

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2019-02-10 13:32:33

hi
for english, you rights
for cloning, most of people, for start, clones!

2019-02-10 13:54:16 (edited by defender 2019-02-10 20:07:27)

Yes, but smart people don't release them to the public, they only use them for practice.
Or they start out with tiny practice games they build them selves, then make more and more complex ones until they can at least build their own shitty clone, but without using code they barely understand. This way at least they know what they are doing...

Jade your definitely right about the hole, because god conclusion, that's a good point. I still think that the knowledge they did manage to gather was pretty helpful because later it was expanded upon by people that were willing to go further though. Just as a theoretical large non religious organization probably would have resulted in significantly more overall progress, not having what we did would have set us back allot as well.
The idea that religion tends to bring people together from far flung corners, especially in the majority of human history when long distance travel was a huge undertaking is definitely true too. Because it was for holy men, rulers were willing to give them those resources even if it was just to try and gain god's favor.
Clergyman and monks had allot more time and practice with translating and transcribing texts as well, so even with all the book burnings and such, I feel like we would have lost allot without them.
Then again, the church was also much of the reason behind why the average person wasn't even taught how to read or write, they were nearly royalty and acted like it. It really is hard to say what it would have been like otherwise...

2019-02-10 14:33:09

It's a very complex issue, and we'd be foolish to just dismiss the church or to sing its praises based on one cherry-picked fact out of dozens of them, that's for sure. So we're sort of agreeing here.
And this, folks, is how you have a discussion with someone. Notice how Defender and I were appearing to disagree (particularly at first) but didn't resort to any name-calling? Yeah, that thing.

Also also? Why has it become a secondary discussion topic vs. giving Mahdi advice? Because giving Mahdi advice has resulted in three things. First, he keeps asking for more of precisely the thing we're saying we can't give. Second, nothing's actually happening yet, so it feels like flailing. Third, we've sort of exhausted that line of inquiry, so the topic has partially evolved. That's a natural thing.

2019-02-10 16:07:52 (edited by defender 2019-02-10 16:10:08)

Yeah, I came off a bit aggressive at first, and Jade tried to use one offhand fact to disprove my entire argument, but it never got that nasty and we had a good discussion, which is pretty refreshing smile

Also not sure why Mahdi is still asking any questions after that guide I posted, I mean really it was specifically designed for the lowest of low level technicians to be able to understand for liability's sake, so not sure what the issue is here?

2019-02-10 17:32:23

Have to agree with you folks about cloning here. You're not gonna learn anything messing with something you don't know, buddy.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2019-02-16 11:26:45

mahdi-abedi wrote:

at23, tell me my mistakes I did with rood things, let me know

The way you greet people, the way you command them, I can't forget that, and you throw insults on everyone without even thinking anything.

Best regards
Pranam
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!