2019-02-06 16:12:29

Hello. I tried today to access the blind mice mega mall but it seems that there's something wrong with the site. This is what I get:
This site can’t be reached
www.blindmicemegamall.com took too long to respond.
When I troubleshoot the connection to the site it says that the website is online but isn't responding. Does anyone else have this problem?

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2019-02-06 16:36:23

same here it started a few days ago

2019-02-06 16:50:41

So here is the issue.
According to what I found, it seems that the site is blocking international countries.
I was successful to load the website using a vpn.
Best regards.

2019-02-06 17:28:00

I knew this would happen. After blocking us from buying shit from their website..this is what we got, yeah exactly.
I once asked for an alternative to blindmice where I could buy stuff from. Everyone jumped to the conclusion without reading the post that I was asking for the movie vault. I didn't say anything about it. I need a site where I can buy blind related shit without being discriminated just because i'm a "foreigner" like that.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2019-02-06 17:39:25

I couldn't connect even with a VPN set to US. I've been seeing this same message with quite a few sites lately.

2019-02-06 18:26:59

@flackers Which Vpn service do you use? I used vpn unlimited to connect and it worked.

2019-02-06 19:23:33 (edited by flackers 2019-02-06 19:23:51)

Private Internet Access set to US California.

2019-02-06 20:25:49

weird.

2019-02-06 20:32:42

I wonder why are they doing this kind of shit? Unfortunately I see many services and websites are available only in the US or Canada these days. I wonder what are they trying to achieve with this? Having a greater audience should be something they would want imho.
Luckily I was able to access the website using the tor browser and it seems that my account is stil up.
I'm sure that all they did was force the users to use other means of accessing the site, and now that we can't buy from them the only interesting thing in there is the movie vault.
Tor seems to do a good job of bypassing their protection so happy downloading.

Stephen King

2019-02-06 21:00:15

I can confirm that it only works with a vpn set to US, I've tried it awhile back with ryok and it worked with both of us fine, when we turn off the vpn, the website won't work.

2019-02-06 21:55:38 (edited by flackers 2019-02-06 22:02:18)

I just tried again with it set to US West and this time it worked. But I'm thinking the movie vault needs a home elsewhere because it's looking like blind mice resent the whole business.

2019-02-06 22:12:57

I know some Newspapers are blocking European countries because of GDPR.  Could it be something similar here?

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2019-02-07 00:18:28

What's interesting to me is that several of the stores mention international shipping. Some only ship to specific countries, but it seems idiotic to block customers from those countries if it is available.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-02-07 04:38:31

*** also has movies, most of what the movie vault had actually. Plus you can download them at normal speeds.

2019-02-07 04:45:04

Well to be honest I only ever used the movie vault on blindmice and each time I tried that, I had to go through getting a new password, I wouldn't have  trusted them with my money if I wanted to buy anything, not with a buggy site like that.

Really I agree with Mata, though It'd be nice if the movie vault did have a home on a site which was farer to everyone across the world. I'll try the site Zack mentioned above.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-02-07 07:40:38

yeah *** is good but it lacks the movie descriptions. I almost never download from the blind mice movie vault, I like to look at what's new and get a short description of the movie.

Stephen King

2019-02-07 13:07:56

*** actually has a similar problem. IfI go to www.***, it says the page can't be rreached. However, if I go to http://***, it works fine.

2019-02-07 14:09:22

at post 17, i think this is a probleme with the protocol or security stuff, i'm not shure though, this probleme happened with some sites i visited before

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-02-07 17:32:07

@17 that is said to be fixed soon.
I do miss seeing what's new in audio description world too! Back then I only used to download the shows that I liked, but checking the website  was a good way of knowing what's new.

:)

2019-02-09 16:58:24 (edited by bollemanneke 2019-02-11 22:50:16)

Oh, so I'm good enough to donate to the vault, but not to enjoy their stuff. Yeah, build a wall!

EDIT: I can now no longer login using a proxy server, it says 'this user is not active'. Are there any US people who they still talk to or who could PM people a user account? I just want to use their movie vault and would be HAPPY to donate monthly.