2019-02-08 14:52:39

Are there any other ways of recording my iphone audio directly with out having to go through quicktime? There is an audio dilay which I could go with out.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-02-08 15:26:24

Use a mixer and patch cable. That is the only other way I know of. Apple doesn't allow apps to capture system audio on iOS.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-02-08 15:40:42

I don't think I can  afford it unfortunately

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-02-08 15:55:45

Yeah, you could, potentially. You don't necessarily need a mixer if you want to record system sounds stand-alone. Just a usb soundcard and line-in cable. All totaling about $10 for the whole thing.

2019-02-08 16:23:07

A USB sound card would work as well. Make sure the line in port supports stereo, or you'll be recording in mono.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-02-08 17:46:49

you can use the 3.5 to 3.5 mm and plug one with the iphone and one in the pc
then use  listen to this device and on the iphone use audioshare and  activate the  Monitor mode so you can record your voice useing your iphone's internal  microphone

2019-02-08 18:00:05

3.5 sadly is becoming a thing of the past.I'll look in to these. Thanks.

2019-02-08 18:41:42

@Mazen: That's only if the thing happens to have a line-in jack in the first place. Most newer machines have a combination jack that can't do line-in due to the fact it works with headset microphones with one cord. A usb soundcard is suppose to curb that problem by having two separate jacks, like older machines would.

2019-02-08 20:07:51

Any recommended sound card?

Pics or it didn’t happen

2019-02-08 20:14:02

A c-media usb soundcard has treated me well so far. Not expensive at all, and it does the job. Typically line-in is not something you should feel the need to invest much into if that's the only thing you're concerned about. Only buy a mixer if you actually have a use for it, because you don't want to go for a super expensive board if you don't need it, but too cheap and you may end up regretting the purchase.

2019-02-08 22:37:49

If you use a USB sound card, wouldn't there still be a delay? I plug the 3.5MM cord into my line in jack on my computer, and the other end into my phone, but if I want to record my voice as well as the phone, I still have to use VAC to do that. There is a slight delay when I do this, though unless you're going to be playing a game, it doesn't matter all that much.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-02-08 22:40:58

The delay is inevitable because the audio is not going directly through the soundcard, but rather being routed through a tunnel as it were. VAC is the middle-man, so being its own program it has to process the sound before passing it through. USB soundcard has no delay whatsoever because it is its own device, and a true separate soundcard.