2019-02-01 11:47:18 (edited by Dark 2019-02-01 11:47:48)

As people may or may not know, my lady did the voice of the helpful program in Remnant.
I did some voicing for the game as well, but just some of the logo and credits, my lady actually ended up doing far more lines than I did.

She's curious to know how the finished project turned out and what her lines actually sounded like in the context of the game with all the music, sfx etc. As I haven't myself completed adventure at C: I haven't actually played Remnant yet either, and since my lady is still relatively new to audiogames, intensive actions side scrollers are less her thing, though she did enjoy doing the voicing.

So if anyone has some recordings of the latest version of remnant that show the cut scenes with the helpful program, that would be awesome, and of course a full scale playthru or lets play would be fantastic, though I know gameplay wise how intensive remnant can be.

Thanks in advance.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-02-01 17:57:02

Okay, I actually was planning on doing a playthrough of Remnant, but I had to upgrade my PC and it had some weird sound card problems that still persist, though I've finally found a way around them; at least as far as game recording goes.
The other problem was that my old PC couldn't really handle running OBS and AAC at the same time for vary oong, but that's no longer a problem either.
My final problem is that I don't seem to have a SAPI5 speech synth that doesn't come with one of those agreements that say you can't use the voice in any public context, even if you aren't making money off it.
I guess I could try the moble voices that Microsoft installed, I think it was David and Sira?
Would any of those work for you?
Later!

2019-02-01 18:51:33

Use Zira, she is really, really nice.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-02-01 19:01:30

I wish I could give it a try, but I won't complete the original game just to give it a try. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-02-01 20:57:03

Okay, I tried Zira, but aside from her being softer, she also had trouble with a few acronimes used in the text, and she says a few things kind of weird, so David it is.
I really wanted to use an Ivona voice, but leagul restrictions won't let me, sorry.
This will most likely take most of the weekend to finish, but I also want to use the new victor reader stream I just bought to do any commentary, and that won't arrive until next week.
Also, should I include my deaths in the recording? and an extra secrets section?
Later!

2019-02-01 23:30:05

Yes, it will be interesting.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-02-02 11:33:36 (edited by threeblacknoises 2019-02-02 11:36:34)

Okay, I have the first two chapters done, and it's about 2 hours in length.
I had to cut a little bit out because I found two bugs regarding how cutscenes play.
When I did, I obviously paused a bit because I thought I'd gotten all the bugs out before the final release.
Also, in the last few minutes you might hear SAPI say that I have to many lives.
This is because I used a test file to finish out chapter 2 instead of going all the way back through it again.
Everything else; stat wise; is legit.
I also cut out about ten seconds of SAPI saying things like "Loding" and "Loding stage, as well as trying to cut out places where my new PC; for some reason or another; wanted to place long gaps between the end of a cutscene and the start of a level."
Aside from those things, everything is legit; deaths and all.
Also, regarding one of the bosses:
It will sound like I just hit it with the cyberstar and then the level ends, but the boss does die, I just wasn't going
to stick around to hear it; just in case it wasn't dead yet.
The one question I have for you people is, should this be in mp3 or ogg?
Chapter three is going to take a vary long time due to its non-linear structure.
Later!

2019-02-02 11:46:42

both are good, mp3 or ogg are now playable by almost all media players.
but try to see that which format takes smaller size.

2019-02-02 13:28:56

mp3 would just be fine.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2019-02-02 14:59:38

mp3

2019-02-02 16:52:10 (edited by threeblacknoises 2019-02-12 14:38:47)

Okay, mp3 it is.
The google drive link is
Link Redacted, see post 38 for the new one.
I'll try to have the chapter 3 part done at some point, but for those of you who haven't played remnant, chapter 3 is unlike what you just heard at all.
It's completely non-linear, has multiple branching paths and interconnected levels, and is really, really hard to.
Later!

2019-02-02 18:32:16

@Tbn thanks for this, mrs. Dark will be pleased, and I definitely appreciate the time and trouble taken to play through so much of the game.

I wouldn't think that Ivona or any other public company would mind you using their software in a none commercial context, but hay there's no problem with David.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-02-03 02:05:27

I 'm a person who gave up on the extreme platforming at final chapter, so your recording will help me replay it! Awesome!

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2019-02-03 10:36:05

Hi.
Thanks a lot for the recording. Wow. This is much, much better than I expected.
I must admit this game simply is too difficult for me, which is a shame, because I really wanna play all that cool stuff. I wish you could play those extra packages for the game without having completed the main game first. I'm not the best gamer, not at all. But I think the difficulty level in this game is way too high. But there should be games for everyone, also for those who like such high difficulty level.

Best regards SLJ.

2019-02-03 13:41:52

cant wait for chaptor3!

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-02-06 11:37:31

A quick update.
It seems a run of bad luck has hit me.
My victer reader isn't in my hands yet do to, well, lets just say, people not doing what they say.
That happened on Monday, and it still isn't here, so no commentary on remnant for you.
On that same day, I accidently deleted my chapter 3 recording I'd been working on.
So, until this run of bad luck ends, I won't be doing any recordings of Remnant.
Hopefully, you'll see something by the weekend.
Later!

2019-02-06 20:02:53

Youch, sorry your having such complications. I'll look forward to hearing the rest of remnant when things work out.

2019-02-08 22:01:07

its ok. I can wait
jajajajajajajajajajahaha

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-02-09 01:37:35

Hi,
I don't know if this has changed, but you can actually play Remnant after beating, I believe either the tutorial, or one of the zones, in the main game, at least in the previous version of the pack.

2019-02-09 17:59:58

You can play Remnant after completeing the intro level, however it will be much harder without the cyberstar.
Aaron baker did try to code something into the stage builder to make that weapon useable in custom stages without first completing the required level in AAC first, however that caused a lot of problems regarding enabling said weapon after the custom stage was finished if the player hadn't obtained it yet.
Also, I'm restarting the recordings again as my problem has resolved itself.
I'm also going to release an update to remnant to fix a few miner
bugs I've found while playing through Remnant again.
Later!

2019-02-09 19:31:49 (edited by audiogame 2019-02-09 19:32:54)

Hello guys.
So while watching tbn's recording of remmnant and playing through myself a few times, I found out, well realized that the ancient power enhancement doesn't seem to change much. I mean not to be obvious, but you don't finish the stageset with nearly 100 attack and defense, yet you can kill those enemies easier. I don't know if I'm wrong and do feel free to correct me if I am, but I feel like the ancient power enhancement should affect things a bit more. Lol just a thought.
I love remnant either way and intend to continue playing it.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-02-09 20:32:12 (edited by threeblacknoises 2019-02-11 15:20:24)

First of all, here's the update.
Link redacted.
Find the full download in the remnant topic.
Regarding the ancient power enhancement;
It's not suppose to do all that much.
This is kind of getting a little meta, but that ancient power enhancement was simply a way to get around a bug in Adventure at C.
You see, when I was coding that part of Remnant, I built all the viruses in the pokemon and mount dedede sections, and when I tested it, everything worked just fine.
Then, Aaron Baker released and update to adventure at c, and in the notes, he said something about fixing a bug regarding how the game calculated stats.
I'm still not sure what he changed, but it made all the viruses in that section of Remnant next-to-impossible to defeat.
The stage builder doesn't have any way to edit viruses once they're placed except to remove them and start all over.
I couldn't even check the values I entered, so I was kind of stuck.
In the pokemon games, their exists an attack called ancient power.
The attack itself isn't all that empressive, but its major selling point is that it can sometimes increase all the stats of the pokemon that used it, but these stats go away once the pokemon is switched out or faints.
So I just adapted this for Remnant where it does enhance the player's stats during that final battle in the pokemon section, but it goes away gradually as levels are cleared.
Next time you play through Remnant, check your power and defence stats during those levels, and you'll see that it does indeed make a difference.
Later!

2019-02-10 13:57:05

hi

how is that chaptor3 comeing along?

2019-02-10 16:59:14

It's back on track, however I had to stop yesterday to actually update Remnant to fix the bugs I found, otherwise I'd forget about it until someone else found the bug and feel gilty that I didn't think about it when I had the chance.
I couldn't record the commentary like I planned because it was to noisy yesterday, but I'll se if I can at the vary least get the gameplay done today.
Later!

2019-02-10 18:30:41

Hi.
I wasn't aware that you can play this without having completed the main game first. Thanks for this great information. big_smile

Best regards SLJ.