2019-01-28 05:24:24

hahaha nice rocky.

2019-01-29 10:33:49 (edited by nyanchan 2019-01-29 10:37:52)

Aprone, can I kindly, but seriously ask you investigate what's going on regarding the recent server issue? The current situation is just... making everything impossible. I won't demand you a refund since you clearly mentioned that it is not a thing to consider, but let's say, I strongly want that, and my current thoughts are "I paid for what was totally unplayable". When it had been still free was much much much more stable.
Of course I'll check and give you any information you want via this forum or email. So, please, please try to address at least some of the issues.
I do not know whether these are happening for Japanese players, or anyone who is physically far from the master server. but I'm still sure that weapons or inventory completely cleared away once per 30 mins, a tremendous number of overflow and out-of-bounds errors in the error log or "Armsel Striker, you have 3.96831563739234E+20" is nothing to do with ping time, bandwidth or anything! At all!

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2019-01-29 17:31:06

Nyanchan, please contact me through email so we can work out some tests, and hopefully figure out a solution to this problem.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2019-01-30 01:44:58

Thank you very much Aprone. Once I made a solid report about this, I'll send an email. I don't want to make you stressed or confused for the issues that very few people are facing.

2019-01-30 22:14:49

Hi aprone! hope you are staying warm if you are affected by this cold weather otherwise you are lucky. I got asked by some of the players to ask you on here for another server restart because of all of the lag that has been happening lately. I know you just did a server restart not to long ago i think and I am beginning to wonder if it is more than the server making the game lag. I know you indicated that you got a new router and even the weather but if you have time could you look into this for us? thank you!

2019-01-30 22:20:03

i wonder if it's all those border zombies.

2019-01-31 09:59:21

It's definitely the border zombies.  As soon as I get the time, I do plan to do another server restart while doing some code changes to hopefully solve the border zombie problem.  It's a bug related to the zombie syncing code, where I failed to take into consideration how much lag some players have at different times.  Basically some players occasionally have connections so bad it is below what I planned for, and missing data starts to average in zeros into zombie positional data.  When the map has plenty of players the effects don't mean much, but when the player count is low and one of them is having this problem, zombies get magically pulled closer and close to the coordinates zero zero, which is the north-west border.  Once they get themselves wedged in there, the problem isn't able to correct itself (since I never planned for this problem).  It's taken a while to finally narrow down what has been causing this, and then more time trying to figure out a good way to solve it.  I'm umm, maybe 70% confident I have a good solution figured out, haha.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2019-01-31 11:38:29

so blowing them up with grenades to shift them doesn't solve it?

2019-01-31 13:28:53

Only two ways to find out? And one of them is worth recording if the lag doesn't prevent it? ^_^

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2019-01-31 13:30:08

don't know how you record streams sorry.

2019-02-01 01:56:11

working great now aprone! thank you for taking time to fix these problems!

2019-02-02 00:11:38

Heya there all:
to the person who asked if border zombies could be blown up with granades, I found out that yes they can.  And by the way, thanks much Aprone, for kickin' the guards drunkin asses and putting them back to work... hahahaha.
Take care...
Cheereo!

2019-02-02 01:15:16

was playing swamp earlier today and i found a few border zombies on the west border of s2 both times near to the entry exit point.

2019-02-02 23:05:50

Hi guys. For those who are hosting a dropbox folder for swamp campaigns, can you invite me please?
[email protected]
Thanks

2019-02-06 20:54:31

I have a question. When I save my progress in a campaign, and later try to load it, I get a message telling me to set my name first. I enter my username, and still get the same message. Am I doing something wrong?

Phoenix

2019-02-06 22:07:38

Set it from the main menu.
I don't think the load progress option is super compatible.

2019-02-07 17:23:51

Aprone sorry to say but all of the bugs that you had fixed are back sad. lag is back, guards are on strike again, zombies are stuck at the borders, crate bug has gotten worse which i believe has something to do with the lag. Could have swamp reverted back to an older copy and undone what you had done?

2019-02-07 17:27:06

Yeah it’s actually really bad at the moment.

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

2019-02-07 18:22:34 (edited by Aprone 2019-02-07 18:22:48)

Yeah I've been slowly seeing the zombie bug grow back to how it was.  I've been looking but so far I haven't figured out what I missed during the previous "fix".  It's quite frustrating!  I'll likely have to do another server restart just to get things back to normal, while I continue to look for the cause of the problem.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2019-02-07 18:45:12

very weird in deed. well thank you for looking into it aprone we appreciate it and hopefully you find the problem.

2019-02-07 23:34:51

hello aprone. any chance i can get reset? died to a few bugs namely the lag one the armor and no ammo one. also i had a thought tough it seems sort of a pain to implement. maybe have guards patrolling the borders to hurl grenades at them every so often to clear zombies out of the borders? sorry it's all i got for now. lol.

2019-02-08 01:56:32

Just out of curiosity, isn't it supressable even with not-so-ideal way like
zombie=zombieInstance[zombieNumber];//reference copy
if(zombie.x<0 || zombie.x>MAP_BORDER_X){
  zombie.moveTo(random(0,MAP_BORDER_X),zombie.y);
}
if(zombie.y<0 || zombie.y>MAP_BORDER_Y){
  zombie.moveTo(zombie.x,random(0,MAP_BORDER_Y));
}
server_syncing();

Of course I don't know anything about Swamp code, just tried throwing what I randomly thought.

2019-02-08 05:42:35

Actually there is code that's essentially what you wrote.  It isn't supposed to factor in any zombie updates if the suggested coordinates fall outside of the map borders.  It's also supposed to factor out based on a handful of other conditions, yet somehow those buggers keep wandering into the map border.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2019-02-08 06:50:44 (edited by nyanchan 2019-02-08 07:00:55)

Nooooooooo, that type of bug really hurts. Reeeeealy. I'm willing to do whatever I can, if any.
Another alternative I randomly came up with is to make it possible to blow them up using m79 or other bullets, but I guess collision detection of projectiles is handled by the client side. Sorry if I sounded pushy (I literally can't stop thinking).
And I am pretty sure that you've already considered what I have come up with so far. Sorry, but please forgive me. The number of Japanese players has skyrocketed and we're so much enjoying Swamp. big_smile

2019-02-12 23:21:06 (edited by pitbull 2019-02-13 13:31:45)

a message for the grand master buzz!
buzz, what the hell gives you the right to dictate the game in telling people who they can

have and can't have in a clan.
your bang out of order son, and the way you are going your alienating yourself with a lot

of people on the game.
1. the fort mystery captured first wasn't even your fort, it was someone elses.
2. threating him with attacking my clan if he didn't seace his clan a new clan i may add is

just bully tactics.
3. telling 3 of my members to leave and start a new clan and that you would give them a

fort is just laughable you where will you get this fort from on map 3 i think it was, you

cant even hold 1 fort for yourselve.
4. you wanna come off the crack son, and stop sniffing other peoples for once in your

life., i really thought you were better than that, and your language in your post yet again

wining about not being able to kill people is frankly disterbing!
effing and jeffing and dropping the c bomb really shows your lack of intelegence.
there are women and children on here, if it was down to me, id ban you for life!
my advice is get out more and get laid.
this will problty lead to an attack on us now, so bring it on  hope you got plenty of time

on your hands.
if you do attack us though a good many people will help us, if i ask them, who will help you i wonder

your friend rocky no doubt not many others.
so lets dance