2019-02-05 14:34:26

hi
which one is better, jaws or nvda, and why!
I think, nvda: because
supports most languages
have more more sounds
with small size and big list of addons, can make chooseable programs/works for user

2019-02-05 14:53:19

3: nun of the above.

2019-02-05 15:07:53

Hi.
4. Not this again, please...
NVDA as JAWS have their advantages and disadvantages, like Apple and IOS. Our job as users is to go for the one we like and comparisons are quite hated.
I myself use Jaws and NVDA, both with their hacks and tweaks, and for distinct purposes. I think one thread like this was closed in the past, when I created my account that is... 2016 or so, and due to fanboys of both synthesizers that didn't knew how to get along and discuss in calm. If here doesn't happen the same, I'll be glad to come back and give my opinion. But since the post #2, I'm actually giving up...
Take care.
Mike.

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2019-02-05 15:27:53

Agreed with the last post.

2019-02-05 16:05:14

it really depends on what your usage will be. I recently used jaws on a friend's laptop and it was fine. It ust works somewhat differently. NVDA is my main screen reader and thankfully it caught up greatly and there are some things I can do now that I could not do with jaws. I don't have nor use jaws anymore.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-02-05 16:47:40

He asked for opinions, but look guys, he has his own answer. I don't even know why he's asking when he has his mindset already. This doesn't do anyone any good besides possibly creating screen reader war.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2019-02-05 17:14:10

Hi.
I agree, that's why I saw this thread as pointless, but still.

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2019-02-05 17:46:16

hey guys, I dont want to make war between nvda and jaws users: I want you to tell jaws and nvda problems, ways to fix it: not drama
respecting mindsets and opinions, are best work which that you guys can do: if you dont want comment on one post, just respect the guys who comments on it: no reply, no answer: just? respect

2019-02-05 18:44:02

Hi,
Oh wow, there's something known as screen reader war? Oh  then, this guy is up to it. My opinion:
NVDA is the best! I mean the best! The way it speaks mmmm, that makes my day, I really just want to hear NVDA speaking and I think my day is the best ever. The experience, I can't even express it, it's just, awesome. I wasn't able to imagine such kind of screen reader would exist, good work! I'll put that dolor in your post box because Freedom scientific is shopping currently and I don't dare disturb them. Love you NVDA!

Best regards
Pranam
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!

2019-02-05 18:46:32

@9, i fully agree. Prays to nvda!

2019-02-05 19:13:51

at9 and 10, I fully agree

2019-02-06 14:52:02

Hi.
@8. I wasn't disrespectful, I just shared my point of view, as you're doing it. If someone that's not agreeing with your opinion and never sweared against you means disrespecting, well then, I did it. Too bad for me.
And yeah, there's this synthesizer war, mostly in all communities. In the spanish one, for example, everyone's ripping other's skin when they touch NVDA or Jaws.
Take care.
Mike.

Take care.
Mike.

2019-02-06 15:07:16

I like NVDA. I prefer Jaws. I use eloquence for both because the default NVDA voice makes my skin crawl. Pro-tip to those of you who do walkthroughs and LPs and stuff on YouTube or whatever? If I hear that god-awful filtered British voice that ships (or used to ship) with NVDA, I won't listen. Not that you give a rip if you have one more or one less viewer, but yeah.

All that said, this topic, and the drama it generates, has come up so, so, so many times here. I'm practically waiting for flames to erupt, but it won't be me who spouts them. Rest assured, however, that if I see them, I'll quench them.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-02-06 16:13:24

OneCore is used on Windows 10 by default, now, rather than ESpeak. NV Access hasn't ported this change to older versions of Windows because they can't verify the quality of the voices on a user's system when using SAPI 5.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2019-02-06 19:01:52

lol, what the topic is raising over here?
if i take the side of NVDA jaws user will of course hate it. also i don't wanna clime over to the NVDA too.
these things is the topic of controversial, but if I have to say within the two screen reader? I go for NVDA, its my primary screen reader and i don't use jaws.
I love NVDA cause, it reads all the language specially my nepali language, I am very familiar with E-speak soooooooooooo much.
it has lot's of add-on, its very light and smooth, its freely available for us and open source as well.
so I enjoy using NVDA, I like it.
smile

Thanks and regards.
Madhusudan
Visit my youtube channel to dive into accessible tech tutorial.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvVJNv … 9wXunGvl9A

2019-02-07 17:33:13

small msg
nvda!

Yours kindly

2019-02-07 18:15:39

yes, just nvda

2019-02-07 23:26:57

NVDA because...
1.  I'm cheap.
2.  I'm not a fan of 10 plus installer entries on my PC just for one program.
3.  JAWS is bloated and has too much stuff I'm never going to touch.
4.  I don't have to license NVDA to run on a stick just as well as it does on my PC.
5.  I don't have to submit requests for new licenses.
6.  I don't have to pay to update my screen reader.
7.  I don't need to brows through a spurious settings center
to try and find options that may or may not exist.
8.  NVDA is nowhere near as much of a ram hog as JAWS.
9.  My curious mind can, if tempted to, find out what is being added to NVDA and test it without having to blame anyone other than myself it anything should go wrong.
10.  I'm a musician.  For the price I'd pay for JAWS I can buy more toys that would do me better.
But yes, I'll play JAWS's greatest advocate for 10...
JAWS because...
1.  It can teach you how to use a computer if you've never used it before, providing you free access to tons of material.
2.  Said material is playable through a free, Daisy player provided once JAWS is purchased.
3.  You can download some pretty cool, optional, alternative voices for it without having to pay anything once you've purchased your license, in the event eloquence is not your thing.
4.  As far back as I can remember, JAWS has always worked better with MS products, particularly office and the like.
5.  Eloquence is default.
6.  Provided you have a current SMA you'll always have free, technical support.
7.  JAWS startup wizard, again, a useful tool for beginners, is rather nice even if you're not one for initial matters.
8.  JAWS is better at reading math equations.
9.  JAWS is still a paid product, meaning it has to provide something worth paying for.  While it could theoretically go under with the emergance of cheaper and free solutions, NVDA is not guaranteed where development is concerned.
10.  As far as I'm aware, JAWS still supports more braille displays than NVDA.
I, Nocturnus, have spoken for both sides.  Now, wag your tail and scratch your head in confusion.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2019-02-08 06:29:25

Lol. Objectivity at its best.

2019-02-08 22:51:44

I am gonna get right to the point. NVDA and JAWS have their strengths and weaknesses. I prefer NVDA. Why? JAWS is a complete waste of money. Why pay 1095 U.S dollars to have your screen read? There are better things to buy aside from screenreaders. And one final thing. If Narrator was a full functioning screen reader, this topic wouldn’t exist

If you wish to contact me privately, you can do so in the following ways.
Telegram, Rich_Beardsley. Discord, RichBeardsley. Facebook, Rich W. Beardsley
Twitter, RichBeardsley. Email, [email protected]. Both iMessages and emails are welcome.
Battle tag, Rich#12744. You can also add me through my email address.

2019-02-09 14:30:37

You can get it for 90USD per year now, but only in the US.
Also many organizations will buy it for you, though SMA may be difficult.
Agree with your last point though.

2019-02-09 14:48:59

at post20, wow 1000 USD pur year? nvda is better then
we are useing crack for it: in iran, there's more blind program cracks
I dont like jaws cause its very big, nvda is smaller with more addons

2019-02-09 23:13:53

NO no. Not 1000 US dollars a year. If you go with the SMA, it's almost 1000 to get the license if it's the home edition, a bit more if it's professional. After that, you renew the SMA every two years for 150 US dollars or whatever it is now. Again, it'll be slightly more if it's professional.

If you go with the annual license, it's 90 US dollars a year. This is only available for a home license.

2019-02-10 01:21:30

When I was younger, I had a Computer teaching lesson and they taught me to use JAWS. Because of this I'm quite used to working with JWS, but I sometimes use NVDA because in some cases it just works better than JAWS.
Fun fact: I go to a Boarding School for the blind where the People get Laptops when they reach 7th grade. Each and everyone (including the PCs they have for the younger students who are not allowed to have a Laptop) have JAWS professional (on my School there are a bit more than 300 students, and at least 10 or 20 reach 7th grade every year) that must be so expensive...

Greetings,
Ciri, the Witcher
(If you want to get in touch with me, contact me via twitter (ciri1240)

2019-02-10 02:42:46

The school won't have to pay for a single-user license for every student. They just pay for one multi-user license that everyone is given access to.