2019-02-05 04:20:56

Hi everyone,

Blind Sparrow Interactive is looking for a blind or vision impaired technical writer for a couple of hours of contract work. The work would involve writing an instructional guide for blind and low vision users that is designed specifically for screen readers and braille terminals. The work will involve writing up a document from some existing text and the writer's experience of using an iOS application.

It is expected the work will take 2 to 3 hours to complete, and those who apply will need to have an iPhone 6 or later, and be willing to sign up to TestFlight, a free app that allows people to play builds of applications before they are released on the app store.

Pay is negotiable, but is expected to be set somewhere around $50 AUD per hour.

If you are interested, please send a sample of your technical writing to the email address [email protected], along with some details about yourself.

We will be assessing applications early next week. That is, the week beginning February 11, 2019. We strongly encourage women to apply.

If you know of someone who might be suitable for this role, please direct them to this post, or pass on the information.

Thanks!

2019-02-05 14:38:19

Hi.
A little more information would by nice. What kind of technical writing do you guys required.
Is it a tutorial, a thesis, who is the target (end users, developers or what)

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2019-02-05 15:09:03

Hi @NicklasMCHD,

It's an an instructional guide for an iOS app we are developing. The target audience is blind and low vision users of the app. The guide needs to be set out seamlessly and read fluently when read by screen readers and braille terminals. Think of it as a more in-depth users manual than what is going to be contained within the app.

I hope that reiterates the main points and adds clarity.

Thanks.

2019-02-05 16:04:55

Hi there.
Will people's applications from the States be accepted? I was initially thinking no due to the time differences, though figured I'd at least ask.
Thanks!

2019-02-05 16:48:00

does an IPhone SE count as later then 6? please? please pelase please? I need money and I'm good at writing! I actually don't know if it is higher than 6 so i'm asking haha

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-02-06 05:14:07

@Omar
Yes, have contractors from around the world. We allow for the time zone difference when working with them.

@Redfox
Yes, an SE is acceptable.

If you are thinking of applying, please follow the instructions in the post at the top of this thread and send an email. Thanks.