2018-12-11 21:33:10

Hi all.
So, I've been thinking many times about opening a blog and writing some programming tutorials about python or other languages. I know there are a lot of tutorials around, but I wanted to contribute.
The plan would be to write a tutorial starting from the basics, advancing through audiogames creation. Would anyone benefit from this? I've a couple of contributors, so topics might even switch from programming to general tech.
Let me know if this is worth doing big_smile

Paul

2018-12-11 23:17:03

I think the idea is good...but if you want to do something different here is an idea.

The blog works more like a learning space. Every week you might introduce a topic and then post a task related to it. At the beginning basic and easy ones. After that, people tries to solve the task, and can send you questions that you try to answer in the blog space. After one week or so, you publish your solution, and you put the next challenge.

It is just an idea. Part of my working time I spend with students, and this is how I see education. As a way to solve problems.

Anyhow, it is good if you do something. In one way or another it will help you to improve your skills as a communicator. Regards, david

mytruesound.com - we hear the difference

2018-12-12 08:16:02 (edited by Aamir 2018-12-12 08:16:51)

Greetings.
that'll be wonderful.
especially if you post tutorials ranging from very basics such as writing your first hello world script in very easy to understand manner. and then you can post the more advance stuff as the Blog grows.

2018-12-12 08:29:12

hey @1, that would be awesome.

2018-12-12 17:52:27

@3, yeah, I think I will do that.
@4 thank you.

Paul

2018-12-12 19:20:30 (edited by sunshine 2018-12-12 19:23:09)

yes Paul, that would be appreciated. however, blogs  with complete python tutorials are available  everywhere, but a tutorial specifically intended for aspiring audio-game developers would go a long way toward producing even more audio games and take the   appeal of newbie developers away from BGT as a starting point. a  full tutorial from beginning to end, as well as a comprehensive review/comparison of which libraries to choose for keyboard input, sound(both 2-d and 3-D), screen reader support, networking concepts,  and in the end, wrapping the whole project into a secure, hard-to-reverse engineer the code form along with practice problems(as stated in post 2) would be awesome. I wish you good luck!

2018-12-12 21:43:27

Hell yeah, that would be awesome.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2018-12-12 22:11:08

Hi paul, as you of all people know, i am pritty much a newbie when it comes to programming.
well what i want to say, is it would be great if you start such a blog. keep up the work, and i wish you the best of luck with this.
best regards!!!

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2019-01-19 23:35:47

So guys. Here I am. I'd like to ask a question.
Currently I have a flask blog, which if published may get updated frequently and interface would frequently change since it is in his early stages. Therefore I ask this question.
Should I publish the blog now, write articles and update a long, which will mean having the interface quickly changing?
Or should I publish it once it's on a stable point?

Paul

2019-01-20 00:03:59

You can write articles after you publish the blog too, but I'd recommend you to publish when you got a stable Interface.

2019-01-20 00:47:13 (edited by pauliyobo 2019-01-20 00:47:40)

The interface it's self is stable, I am just changing often the backend and the admin panel.
Obviously if I were to change, I will be doing that locally before pushing the change online.

Paul

2019-01-20 04:18:27

Paul, I'd say go for it!

2019-01-24 19:35:11

We need a blind programmers forum/community more than anything, if anyone knows one, let me know.

2019-01-31 00:49:15

Alright. The blog is about to be launched. There is only a problem.
The thing is, that I believe that for various reasons I'll have to upgrade the VPS specs to have more space and RAM. I don't think I will be able to handle the costs for long, I have to ask, if you guys are willing to support me in this. I know this hasn't started yet, and I am trying to do all I can for making the server be Ok with memory, but this won't last long. The VPS is currently 512 RAM and 20 GB. I could temporarily use a sqlite DB instead of  a mySQL database, andn hope it will not take away the storage too quickly.
What should I do? I feel like asking for donations is a dickish move, but it seems like that's my last option if everything else doesn't work.
I am open to suggestions.

Paul

2019-02-03 02:08:01

The first post has been published. I've just made a kind of... introduction?
first post

Paul