2019-02-01 21:14:13

Anyone else fascinated by these things? I remember when I was younger, and every time I heard dead air on a phone or radio static with nothing behind it I always had this mental image of a vast empty space with all sorts of mysterious and unknown things in it that I just hadn't found. The internet isn't the nly mysterious place that can be delved nto... even more promitive seeming technology like the telephone network or radio have strange and unknown things buried deep within them. Too much to write, but numbers stations have got to be some of the most fascinating yet creepy things I've heard in my life. And weird, unexplainable telephone numbers are also oddly fascinating but more than a little scary. Let discussion and wild speculation start here!

Discord: clemchowder633

2019-02-01 22:20:26

For anyone curious... here is a collection of recordings from these mysterious stations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIH7cG3YmIo

2019-02-02 00:01:32 (edited by flackers 2019-02-02 00:13:38)

Yep number stations are weird. My favourite is the one that plays that cool little ice cream truck tune. Once you start clicking on these things, all sorts of creepy stuff starts showing up in your recs. One avenue I ended up going down was found footage/police tapes. I ended up listening to all 22 hours or whatever of Ricardo Lopez's home videos as he planned a vile acid bomb attack on Bjork. I thought I'd just listen to the first one to see what this guy sounded like, but got drawn in because in spite of his dreadful plan, and his bitterness, he was actually quite a sympathetic character. All that guy needed was a sense of purpose to see him through that stage of his life. I certainly had no intention of listening to his final tape in which he shoots himself, but by that stage I just couldn't turn away. Also the Jodi Arias police interview tapes were grimly fascinating. and there's the interview of Stephanie Lazarus, the police officer who thought she'd got away with murder, but it caught up with her 20 years later. Her fellow officers trick her into accompanying her to an interview room on the pretense of asking her about a crime to do with art theft, but they just wanted her to have to hand in her gun in case she did something stupid. It's fascinating listening to her slowly realising she's in the shit.

2019-02-02 00:52:26

Criminal recordings are a whole other can of fish. lol Number stations and mysterious telephone numbers have always just fascinated me because of how little we assume telephone networks and radio signals contain. For some reason, we leap to mysterious rabbit holes on the web all the time, but noone ever thinks to check the telephone system or radio transmissions. Like these 11 creepy telephone numbers.
https://theghostinmymachine.com/2018/10 … ween-2018/

2019-02-02 01:36:23 (edited by flackers 2019-02-02 01:38:21)

Sure, I just found this is the sort of stuff that starts showing up when you go down the creepy recordings road. Though some of it, I would never click on. Some stuff I don't want in my head.

2019-02-02 07:32:13

Definitely agreed there! there are a few recordings I've found, like the Jonestown death tapes, that I fervently wish I had never clicked. Numbers stations, while weird, definitely don't creep me out in the same way.

2019-02-02 14:13:57

I have heard the jones town tapes. Very kreepy when you know the back storie. Also there is a recording out there of the ariginal exersist the one that started the movies.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2019-02-02 14:42:41

The original exorcism I think you mean, not exorcist... and I think the one you're talking about is only the inspiration for one movie, the exorcism of emily rose. The actual exorcism that was the inspiration for the actual Exorcist series wasn't recorded as it was back in the 30s for one, and there are very few documented primary sources round on that story.

2019-02-02 14:49:23

Yup, number stations are really fascinating. It's interesting how they're still around so many years after the cold war ended. There's websites that have schedules of when they send messages and radio receivers you can access over the internet to tune into a broadcast live.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2019-02-02 14:58:11

Speaking of creepy recordings.....

Black boxes. That is all. There's plenty of creepy content on Youtube and other video sites if you know where to look.

Also, numbers stations are both fascinating and insanely....not really creepy, but.......certainly got my curiosity going. I'll admit, I sort of went on a Youtube walk....and ended up watching a bunch of true crime documentaries. Though, if you want something that will give you nightmares for a long while, I forgot his name, but a diver had a helmet camera on that recorded his last, fatal dive. I believe there's a (thankfully short) clip of it on the HorrorStories channel....or was, I haven't checked for that video in ages, thankfully.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2019-02-02 15:01:06

Maybe creepy was the wrong word. But when you think about the fact that, as was just said that they're still running and were first used as far back as World War I but probably had their height during the cold war, it's definitely pretty spooky to think that noone knows where they're running them, or even who is. They're not creepy in the scary sense of the word, but they're definitely on the dark and slightly erie side, at least for me.

2019-02-02 15:05:35

No, creepy was the wrong word. Unsettling more. I'm always fascinatd by their history and their purpose. UVB-76, enough said

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2019-02-02 16:42:24

One thing I'd like to note is that there's also good reason for making up something creapy for pageviews, so be super super sceptical of random things you find on youtube, for all you know it's just a guy with a microphone and a sound editor wanting for some cache. That said, I do know of a few ww II recordings. These first few are nazi propaganda aimed at the US and England. They are swing music (outlawed by the nazis in Germany at the time). The first verse is unchanged from the original, but they change the lyrics about halfway through the song. Note that there is a lot of Antisemitic content, so if you're easyly offended you should skip this.
https://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2005/03/ … d_his.html
The quality sounds about right for the era, and the blog contains a lot of old radio stuff for which there's no reason to fake it. Also, wikipedia links to this page and has a page on the orchestra. Not bombproof of course, but good enough for me.
The second recording is an orchestra from beethoven performed in 1944 or 1945 in germany. You can hear gunfire at the 02:30 and the 05:40 marks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY7lvuVjjX4
The quality seems too good to be true, but several people link to it (a history of recording, a few wikipedia pages also exist about this). Also, you can actually find the full performance on cd.

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2019-02-02 17:51:12 (edited by flackers 2019-02-02 18:17:54)

That WWII stuff was interesting. What struck me was that if you played a song like Bei Mir Bist Du Schoen in Britain today, a lot of Brits would be nodding their heads in agreement wink. I felt a lot of those songs weren't actually propaganda so much as a satire of the propaganda contained within a lot of English popular songs of the time. But then satire is a kind of propaganda itself, so...

2019-02-02 19:39:23

Yeah maybe but remember that in the first halfe of ww II nazi germany was actually winning. Now when you're faced with rassion cuts, bombing, etc. And just when you think you've found some swing to relax somewhat, you find out it's nazi again. So looking back on it now it sounds fairly satirical, but emagine you've actually been split from your loved ones to fight in the war... this might demoralise you somewhat, especially the lovesongs.

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2019-02-02 19:59:13

I think I've watched one of the Jonestown recordings; the one he made when they were all about to die. It may have been a hoax though, but you hear him talking, and a bunch of screaming in the background.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2019-02-02 20:29:51

@15: Yeah absolutely, it would have been very unpleasant to listen to at the time.

2019-02-02 21:26:55

@16, those recordings are definitely not a holks. lol They're oficially documented as part of the investigation into that whole event.

2019-02-03 01:00:34

Hi.
Also a quite creapy recording is if you hear Hitler talking normally. Normally, when you would hear exerpts of his speaches he would shout a lot, but there is a single recording where you can hear him talk normally. Not really creapy if you think about it, but it has this certain thing that gives it a strange vibe which i can't really explain, here is a link to that.

Putting it shortly, he talks to someone about the recent conquers by the German army, about a tank factory they had eventually captured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClR9tcpKZec

Regarding the station, I got into into it some months ago, my first was a station called UVB76, apparently a russian radio station.
There were a few German ones, a friend of mine has quite a collection of these things.

Greetings Moritz.number

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-02-16 17:32:38 (edited by flackers 2019-02-16 20:59:02)

This turned up in my youtube recs. It's a video of a guy opening and eating a world war 2 ration from 1942. Thought it was pretty interesting. And here's one of him eating some rancid stuff from Vietnam era.

2019-02-20 03:46:27

if anyone wantss to read a (fiction) story about how scary numbers stations can be:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B073Z8C5 … 1-fkmrnull
The legacy by yrsa sigurdurdottir

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2019-02-21 21:05:12 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2019-02-21 21:12:13)

wow, interesting. Some telegram recordings are also out there, dial up sounds always made me curious and scared me a bit. and Oh god I did not know that there were full recordings of Jonestown's massive mind controlling death. Sure I have read about it in local Spanish newspapers from here because such terrifying crap went around the world, and sure the guy achieved his goal of becoming famous.. just probably not in the way he had wanted. Its awful how a lady says in the recording that the babies and children were crying because the drink tasted bitter... forget that! poisoning yourself like that brings a terrible, horrible suffocating death which makes you cough uncontrollably, drown yourself and ultimately die. Its the equivalent of being hanged up mercylessly. Worst part is the so called religious music in the background. That guy was totally insane and its just amazing how he managed to take advantage of people's vulnerabilities and needs to ... kill them. Very sad indeed.
In Colombia we have had the regular doze of paranormal stuff and some audio gore too, stuff I will never ever hear again. Other sites in the internet that we are on right now, no need for the silly dark web or whatever.. sites such as  liveleak do a great job of giving you lots of audio and even video nightmare pleasure (which if you really are into that kind of stuff means something is missing..)
but I am sure I can leave you with this, so click if you dare... even if you cannot understand the language, the backstory is that this very troubled, distressed and depressive girl actually shoots herself in front of her classmates and the person you hear is the school's principal and a policeman desperately trying to calm her down and dissuade her, to of course no avail if you watch the pixelated low quality video. This of course, took the country by surprise and she actually left a note detailing her reasons for the suicide.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-02-21 21:12:11 (edited by Shadowcat 2019-02-21 21:12:33)

Holy shit... and that is officially the last time I click on a youtube link without reading the text below it. I dared click without reading, although now I think I regret it. But the fact that someone actually thought that "Hey, this is worth recording!" is probably the most disturbing part...

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-02-21 21:21:09 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2019-02-21 21:21:54)

oh, sorry if that was disturbing... not sure really not sure why they had recorded it in the first place, but of course the video became viral,.. lamentably most families have many problems in here because of negligence and just.. a rather hostile treatment from their parents and so on. Of course, being 14 years old, most of her classmates right after the shot became really anxious and shocked.  Two of the 20 that were sent to a clinic had to be hospitalized.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-02-21 22:06:46

Oh, I knew it was probably gonna be something disturbing, I just... did not expect that.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.