2019-02-01 09:53:55

Hello dear friends

We are very happy to tell, that the Episode 1 of GoldGun has hit the most popular app stores today

the link for iOS devices
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/goldgun … 1&mt=8

the link for Android devices
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … nd.GoldGun

remember that this is an audio game, and that it has no visuals except a back button (that was an inside joke)

some android devices have had problems with the Talk Back. It seems it needs to be disabled before the game can be played. We will work on some updates to fix those bugs, but perhaps we don't have time for that since we are concentrating on the next episode, and on improving at overall level the quality of our own audio game engine (IMAGE is called; Immersive Audio Game Engine).

remember also that this first episode has worked for us a pilot project. The quality of the audio is not there yet, where we want it to be. But next episodes will be longer, better, and with very cool things happening

best regards to all of you that have been supporting!
and not, let's play!

since this episode is completely free, we thank you if you can share about it with your network! Our goal is to reach the 10000 downloads. Can we do it?

Sincerely
David

mytruesound.com - we hear the difference

2019-02-01 11:21:32

Just tried it recently, seams that the game is real short, and most of the game elements needs to be changed, especially for the combat. Also, if there are multiple endings in each episode, that would be good to have that

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2019-02-01 11:29:39

Hanif
this is the first episode of a total of seven. Each one will be better than the previous, that is for sure. We know already a ton of things we want to improve. And we will.

2019-02-01 11:32:22

Oh nice, I will check it out later today. I'm curious waht we will see in the future. big_smile

- Eagle Ear Entertainment
YouTube
Twitch
Mastodon

2019-02-01 11:56:40 (edited by ogomez92 2019-02-01 11:58:17)

Gold gun first thoughts
spoilers

1. The voice acting leaves a bit to be desired.

2. Too much blink stereotype content like all the dream stuff, shaman, etc

3. How are you gonna make me? Dinner soon babe? after 5 minutes, what the fuck?
This sounds like a cheap novel.
Blindtasting? Banana or chicken? just wow
I refuse to comment any more things.

i am starting  to think this game is oriented towards sighted players meeting blindness for the first time.

anyway, gonna keep playing and will edit this further

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2019-02-01 12:09:02 (edited by ogomez92 2019-02-01 12:11:03)

Yes hugo, I'm in
game over, to be continued.

You guys need to make a serious effort on improving this game.
I'm sorry to say this, really, as a developer myself, I find it saddening to hear it when people don't like my games or find problems.
However in this case this game is lacking in a serious way.
Apart from the things I said before, there are absolutely 0 serious or difficult fights or scenes.
The game is pure audio drama, with bad sfx and 5/10 voice acting.
Funniest thing was. I'm dead, I shoud do better next time.

Oh well.

2019-02-01 13:23:10 (edited by nyanchan 2019-02-01 13:38:11)

Yeah, I honestly got surprised at the "Can I check your hairstyle / face?" event. I do know that some people who talk with a blind guy for the first time tend to think in such a viased way, and I don't think that it's totally their fault or anything though. That is just because they don't know and we shouldn't blame itself. But it might have been better if you could just post here about scenes like that, like novel writers do very deep researches for the reality / consistency of what they are writing.
One of the similar things I often encounter here in Japan is "how often do you watch T... oh, listen to TV?". Just curious if this happens for other countries.
About the game itself, the last challenge is indeed unique, and I am very much looking forward to seeing what other challenges I will be able to tackle with.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2019-02-01 13:37:42

hmmm. sadly i don't think i'll be bothering with this then based on what i've read so far.

2019-02-01 13:55:54 (edited by ogomez92 2019-02-01 13:59:09)

The last challenge? You mean finding the number to enter gold gun? That's safe breaker from dusk right there. Not unique. a ripoff.

again, sorry not sorry.

It might sound as though I am being harsh, and I am, and I'm sorry for my bluntness, however I really can't find nicer words. If you want an audio game to thrive as an audio game, you first need some first hand experience by playing other audio games and definitely remove unnecessary "can I check your face" scenes.

2019-02-01 13:59:44 (edited by nyanchan 2019-02-01 14:03:51)

One thing about which I'm very curious and can't stop semi-doubleposting is that, if any, what the reasons your team decided to startup as audiogames development team are.
I think the term "audiogames" in this context can be interpreted in two ways: games for visually impaired with no graphics, and games which simply focus on audio or blindness such as Blind. You mention that your team is currently starting as an indie "audiogames for the blind" dev, not selecting the second path I raised. Can I ask what interested you in games for the blind, blind individuals or visual impairment itself?

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2019-02-01 14:08:05

at 9, i must admit what i'm reading here is making me cringe seriously.

2019-02-01 14:14:57

Ok, I just installed it and I am looking forward to play.
Nice work, we will see how it goes.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-02-01 14:21:50

@7: Yes, it happens in the Bahamas.People always seem strangely surprised that blind people talk in a visual way about things we've seen.My answer to those surprised people? We live in the world of the sighted, not a separate world of the blind.Of course we talk like sighted people.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2019-02-01 14:24:52

I was going to try this out later, but even I'm having second thoughts. I don't know how it is generally, but touching someone's face and checking their hairstyle is something only young blind children without social constraints do here. Otherwise it's associated with intimacy, not casual interaction.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2019-02-01 14:27:12

lol i would associate it with someone needing to be sectioned for lack of social skills.

2019-02-01 14:46:29 (edited by defender 2019-02-01 14:50:41)

To anyone discounting it before trying it, I wouldn't. It's free to play and is short enough to not be that big of a waste of your time. Or you can just wait for Liam to play it, which even still isn't the full experience. But you should form your own opinions I think.
Also, they already said they realize the blind stuff needs to go, so their is really no point in bombarding them with the same info again and again, unless you actually have a different angle like Yukio's suggestion to show writing ecxerpts.
It happened in their other topics too much already IMO...

@9
If you truly can't find better words than you should probably just not give feedback.
It's not that hard to human, if you really try just a little bit instead of giving the (I'm blunt) excuse.
In my experience, I'm blunt equals I never learned how to talk to other people in these situations, and now I'm making it your problem so I don't have to work on fixing it my self.
Honesty is super useful to the other person and you can indeed still be kind and honest at the same  time without telling lies if you think carefully first. After that it's the other party's problem if they take offense though... You even have the advantage of not being in a fast paced conversation here, hell you can even edit after the fact if you feel the need.

@7
Yes that happens all the time hear as well and it's annoying because it's like dude, if I said it first, then you should have picked up the cue that it's okay... And to somewhat reverse it, I realize that my go too way of saying good bye is to say, seeya... Which I'm trying to stop because it sounds like I'm making a joke and it probably makes people uncomfortable LOL.

2019-02-01 15:24:55 (edited by grryfindore 2019-02-01 15:27:07)

Hi,
I will download it and try it soon, and honestly When the developer has mention the fact that its sort of a pilot project for them where they are learning as they go, comments made once don't need to be repeated again and again, and even if you are, Beeing an asshole in the name of being blunt is now a going trend. We will see how many games being an ass gets you. or anything else really, besides a few virtual pats on the back.
@defender, agreed.
And really, although the face thing is cringe worthy, and being blind ourselves I do understand how some may feel put off by  it, but I honestly have come across such events and heard of people actually! asking people to feel their faces hairs etc as rediculus as that sounds that its not far off the mark of what a blind person may do.
Not all of  us, no but then All of us are quite different in the things that we may do,say etc.
Off to play the game.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2019-02-01 15:53:13

Yeah, honestly what's cringeworthy is how some of you are essentially throwing this game under the bus for practically everything under the sun, when the developer specifically stated! that they:
1. realize the audio quality could be better, and are working at it
2. Clearly stating this was a pilot and they are looking for feedback to improve it.
3. This is the first friggin episode and you're already undermining it.
Now I did mention feedback, but this is clearly not feedback. Confirming things the developer already knows are on the to do list, that's called rubbing salt in the wound.
Who knows where they got their impressions from. The touching faces thing is a media trope, and the developer realizes that it's a misconception and can remove that. I must admit the dinner bit out of context makes for a pretty good awkward-encounter comedy bit, though, but then again that's just me not taking it too seriously.

2019-02-01 15:54:24

Also, congrats on getting the game into the app store, I'm glad that Apple was quick to turn around and get it accepted for you.

2019-02-01 16:36:38

Hi.
Having just played through the game, I have the following feedback:
What I like:
The audio, voice acting and the controls when you have get used to them. The music is also really great in my opinion. The navigation could be really great in future episodes, especially if you can walk around, without having someone to follow you all the time. This navigation could be great in free navigation. But I would not sit in a public place playing the game. People might start wandering what the hell I'm doing, swinging and tilting my phone like crazy. So I only see the game being played when you are alone which is a shame.
What I don't understand:
You are being told to find a number, but you only hear the clicking sounds. Where are the numbers? It's just a matter of getting the gyroscope to work. smile
Bugs and confusion:
What is wrong when opening the settings menu? In the settings, you can play through all the scenes, but you don't find any settings.
The mini game crashes in a weird way, which is kind of difficult to explain..
What I don't like:
The way people look at the blind character, and the way he respond, and especially the lag of normal social skill. I won't recommend any sighted gamers at all to play this game, because they are getting a totally wrong impression about how most blind people really are, and how blindness really works. I'll go as far as saying this is sad that this game has been released to sighted gamers as well, mainly because of that. The game will make it much worse than it already is to go out in the public as a blind person, and get all the crazy comments from people, who don't know better. My point is: When a game is going to teach sighted gamers that this is really how it is to be blind, then blind people who do our best to just live a normal life have to work much harder to tell people the truth.
I look forward to see where this project goes. I will play the future episodes and of course pay to support the hard work you are doing, but I really hope you will do something serious to improve the story, and let all that blindness crap go away. Unless it's ment to really feel "blind" when playing the game, and to give people a totally wrong impression of how it is to be blind, and the wrong impression about blind peoples social skills.
I'm sorry for such extreme insult, but you should have known better when having a blind person in your team. Or, is he going to touch peoples faces the first time he meets them, check out their haircut, and date them five minutes afterwards? smile
I'm off to play other games, where you don't feel "blind" when playing the game, and where you are not constantly being reminded about being blind, and that you are special and different from everyone just because of that.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-02-01 16:38:58

I just got the game. not sure if its just me or not, but when I tilt the phone left or right and double tap to shoot. I tilt it, but it doesn't always go left or right. is it because I'm tilting it to fast or is it something else? I couldn't figure out what was going on in the opening cut scene. all I know is their were two or so people charging at the dude.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2019-02-01 16:46:38 (edited by jack 2019-02-01 16:47:30)

@slj: The number is just a metaphor from what it seems, really what you are looking for is to guide the target to the right area of the figurative key-entry screen as it were, denoted by how fast the machine is clicking. Faster=closer.
As for the blind trope, again, he has said multiple times he's taking all of those misconceptions out of the game. Part of the impression we can give this team is the ability to realize when it's been said and done and then put it to rest, you know. Can we make a communal deal? Let's not bring this mistake up until the second episode comes out, and then we'll see if there's a better blindness impression in there, and if there is, then we're fine.

2019-02-01 16:51:25

Remember, the developer has specifically made this the first release looking for feedback, so beating a dead horse is not really going to get us anywhere when the developer specifically stated he's aware of all we're saying again and again.

2019-02-01 17:36:19

Thanks a lot for all the comments, even to the negative ones. It's okey, not everybody likes pineapple on pizza, and still to me it tastes perfectly there. It hurts sure, but we know everywhere and whatever you do, somebody will not like your music, or your movie, or your game, and that some of those will say it just too loud. But we are not going to stop here just because of hard feedback. NOT a CHANCE.

As Jack and others mentioned, we know plenty of the things we have to improve.

To me the most important is the audio, since my background is in acoustics and sound perception with 15 years experience in scientific research (somebody asked why we started an audio game company, so there you have the reason. I wanted to make in games what happens with sound in the real world). So improving the audio quality of our game engine is a must. We are already working on it and my team has quite a good plan.

The voice acting is more difficult, since we started that way, and we had to go into a real amateur level because we didn't have the money to pay pro ones. But it will get better as they start to believe and understand what are their characters about. And some people of this forum and others have been asking to become actors, and we will give them some roles. We are going to move a lot on that thing that voice actors in our games are also audio game players.

The script is not problematic. Some people might like the story, and some others not, but it has not been written anything like that, at least for a game, and our script writer is pretty confident. Me too.

The minigames are improving a lot in the future, but each one requires that we modify, develop and improve our own game engine in order to enable the new functionalities, for instance like free walking, driving, shooting, fighting, and so on. That is one of the reasons why you will need to wait three months for the next episode. (Yeah, I'm sorry for those ones that like to say very loud how bad we are. They will have to wait yet a bit for the next chance to come)

About the blindness as a thing to talk on a game: I say it out loud again. It wont happen again, but I explain now why it actually was like that. This first episode was funded by the Finnish AudioVisual Center (AVEK), and to them, who perhaps didn't know anything about what an audio game was, I had to sell to them the idea of a game which will talk about this issue, where the audio expert was blind and all the game was based on audio. I take full responsibility here, because I wrote the application myself and the first version of the script. To many of you perhaps it doesn't make sense, but if some of you has ever written a funding application and got the money, you might know that in a funding application you write what the reviewer wants to read. So we got the money (don't imagine that we talk about millions) and started to work. Soon we got the first comments that how boring was the concept! But we had to follow the concept we were granted for. Anyhow, once everyone knows Soren is blind, we don't need to say it again. Are we cool now?

As many of you know, Mikko Herranen is blind, and he is part of the team. He will actually write a message in this forum tonight, to say to many of you "what's up maaaan!", as soon as he has some time from his other music projects. He might comment about the touching face thing, or perhaps not, but I promise (or it was a dream?) that he told me that he had the attention of few chicks on his life with the trick of let me touch your face. But perhaps I'm wrong.

Nevertheless.
1- To the ones who want to enjoy, please do it.
2- To the ones that have not test it yet, please do it. We really need to hit the 10000 downloads, in order to prove to some investors that is wise to invest here, so we can do even better games, and that there is huge market to explore (as I said, you need to tell what they want to hear, but those are not idiots and they need prove)
3- To the ones who hate it, we are sorry this time our game was like that. We are launching more episodes and two other games this year with completely different concepts. Perhaps then we are able to please you.

Best regards
David

2019-02-01 18:07:13

hi, after playing the game myself and reading through the forum, I won't say what's already been said, though I do agree with some people here that you really shouldn't roast the devs quite as hard. This is after all the first episode, which is free by the way, and they did state multiple times that this was a pilot project, and also a proof of concept to the investers as I can gather from what was said in post 24. Yes, the touching faces thing gets to me, and yes, even here in austria people think we're sensetive to phrases like "see you later " or "watching netflix". But from what I know there was a beta, and even there the concern about the blindness trope was acknowledged and they told us that those would be going away.
Now, I want to address the audio part of things. I'm not exactly impressed, but it wasn't krindgy either. Basically, for me it was what I expected from a first *free* project. Sure there's a lot better out there, but there also is a lot worse. And you have to consider that a lot of the mobile games with good sound design had radio companies behind them (a blind legend, maybe also somethinelse). Overall, I'd say that this is a good start. I look forward to the next few episodes, so I can give a more educated opinion after seeing more of the game.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.