2019-01-24 04:26:23

Hey Folks,

I'm the guy who wrote the "Six Swords" game for Amazon Alexa and Google Home. If you haven't tried it, it's basically an audio version of D&D, except that you play only the fighter character class. Well, we've been working on a new title: 6 Thieves. Guess what the gameplay is... managing a team of up to six thieves!

The current plans for this aim at making it an adventure in breaking and entering in a large Medieval city. Your team of thieves will be aligned with one of the four thieves guilds in the city. You will play one thief at a time, but can swap between them in the guild hall between missions. The focus is on the thief skills of opening locks, moving silently, climbing walls, finding traps, and hiding in shadows. There is no fighting. If your misadventures alert the city watch, they will apprehend you and you or your guild will need to pay a fine to free you.

The city itself is a large network of streets intersecting in squares. It straddles a river with the lower class areas along the dockside and the upper areas further inland on the high ground. Each street has a dozen to a hundred or so houses on it and you can enter any one of them! So there is a massive area to explore. You can randomly pick houses to break into, or you can pick up missions in the guild.
The game will be multi-player. You can encounter each other in the city and help each other complete jobs, or hinder opponents.

Much of that is just in the planning stage. I've just wrapped up city generation, though, and I think now is a good time to open it up to users so they can try it out, get excited, and start giving feedback (and bugs) on how they would like to see the game evolve. Right now you can wander the city and explore the buildings. There are only 12 basic building types presently, but I have the tools to create more. Depends if diversity or gameplay is the biggest driving issue.

If you would like to participate, please respond to me (here or privately to [email protected]) with the e-mail address you use for your Amazon Echo. (If you only have Google Home, let me know, and I'll see if I can get a alpha set up there too.) I'll get an invite sent to you.

If you are a Java programmer and would like to help with the development of this game, you are also welcome. We haven't worked out how to make money on this so I can't pay you for your time. But I'm happy to credit work as sweat equity so if we ever do work out how to make money on this, we can credit you proportionally.

If you are interested in content development, also let me know. I have a building editor that I wrote to create the templates for the structures used in the city. It's a rich client app, and I'm not sure it will play well with with accessibility tools. But we can talk and explore options.

Cheers,
Jo

2019-01-24 09:01:46

I'd be interested, but I never figured out what it is you were supposed to be doing in Six Swords. So, maybe I'm not a good candidate. I always seemed to be wandering around, trying to do stuff and failing, most of which was just me not knowing the commands, but yeah, this sounds like something up my alley.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-01-24 09:46:37

I would love to join in the testing phase. But, I only have a Google home. If you're able to set up an alpha for the Google home, I would love to help out

2019-01-28 14:40:15

I'm working on getting the Google side working. It appears they have an Alpha release system.
I will need your e-mail addresses to add you to the beta. You can send me a PM here or to [email protected]

2019-01-28 19:44:23

Hi there, I've sent you a pm on here.

2019-01-29 15:49:42

Hm, so sad it's limited to Google / alexa. I wish We can have a full audio game like that with rich sound design and realtime gameplay for more platforms including IOS.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2019-01-30 19:17:05

You can access Google Assistant games from any Android phone. I think there's an Alexa app for the iPhone too.