2006-02-18 10:59:18 (edited by archer 2006-02-18 11:24:56)

hi,
i've made a montezuma mod.
using sounds from monkey business and alien outback i have turned it into a sort of treasure hunt / doctor wobble's lab game.
i have changed the skulls and such into robots like in wobbles lab.
the snakes instead of bitting you break your bones, the skulls now have flame throwers, and the spiders shock you with electricity blasters.
the acid pits at the end of level one are now mine fields, when you trigger it i have used the sound from ao where a clone sheep explodes in your shuttle. the footsteps are now the normal concrete footsteps from mb, like when your walking through the prof's coredoors.
i may even change sword sounds to gunshots, but i've only got through level1 once. it's hard to get over those acid pits. And those creatures in level2 kill you instantly, is that a bug or is that how it's supposed to be.

if you guys like the sound of the mod, let me know.
i don't know how to compress files though, i have winrar, can any tell me how to compress and send it into the mod section?
best reg
archer

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-02-18 17:55:41

well, how to compress? use ultimate zip, go to http://www.ultimatezip.com

it's really good. could you send it to me via email?

shanks

2006-02-18 23:39:56

i can send it via e-mail, but only if i find out how to compress and send using winrar.
best reg

2006-02-19 15:43:07

IT'S EASY. ON YOUR DESKTOP THERE SHOULD BE WIN RAR. GO TO THAT, AND IF YOU ARE IN WIZARD MODE YOU CAN SELECT WHAT YOU WANT TO DO. I FORGOT HOW TO GET IT INTO WIZARD MODE THE MOMENT IT STARTS, THOUGH. AND WHEN YOU DO YOUR FILE, YOU THEN WILL SEE IT ON THE DESKTOP. YOU CAN ALSO CHOOSE SELF-EXTRACTING ARCHIVE TO MAKE A (YES, YOU GUESSED IT) SELF-EXTRACTING ARCHIVE. IT'S REALLY COOL, WINRAR IS.

2006-02-19 20:21:17

i don't think i have it on my desktop, can't you access it via the toolbars?

2006-02-19 23:42:12

search it in start menu, or program filesqwinrar, or, if you set i tup well, you should see context menus in the file menu, where you can use it, like:
Add to archive,
Extract,
Etc.
Best regards,
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-02-20 12:26:49

well, i'm starting up my on website soon, containing sound files from my mods,
users can freely download them and use them to their own ends.
as soon as it's up i'll upload the monty sounds i've altered.
best reg.

2006-02-20 19:10:58

well winZip will probably be in your start/programs/winZip folder. and another thing:
shaf, does mike (this mike that we have in this forum) call you an enemy instead of a friend? because as i've seen, he names everything vice versa smile.
just kidding, wish it wouldn't be taken sirious. (although it had a little truth in it tongue)

2006-02-20 21:25:52

no, it's not this mike on the forum.

2006-02-21 12:44:14

thank god... or whatever.