2019-01-26 01:30:32

@BlindJedi... You can disable your forward scanning radar, if you have 1 installed that is, by pressing F5
Otherwise, the only advice I have is to turn down the volume of the radar sounds, as I don't think you can turn off individual radars.

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-01-26 04:15:29

I need help with the milk run mission.
I already grabbed the methane and then I landed at the freeport.
now I was confronted by the police and then I chose to take the police viper.
then it says if I land on any human planet I would be arrested.
how can I avoid being arrested?
I want to be able to complete the mission without being arrested.

2019-01-26 04:35:39

Spoilers ahead.
TBH, I think it's just a kinda cheat in the game if you get arrested and load back in the game, you're in the viper and that's it.
Ya can do what ya want, but no mission ending or anything.

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-01-26 14:12:29

@BlindJedi what do you mean turn off individual radars? there is the main radar that sounds like honks and sweeps back and forward in front of you showing objects,  which can be turned off with the F5 key. There is then the scanner beam which changes to a foe indicator when you can shoot something which just shows what's ahead of you, there are then the main beacon sounds for freeports which help you navigate, and lastly the enemy beacon which tracks an attacking ship for you.

So, I'm not sure which thing you would want to turn off here exactly?

I will say until your used to using the radar, you should probably toggle it off in combat since combat can get  crowded with cargo crates etc.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-01-27 05:30:17

I cannot complete the milk run mission.
I first go and grab the methane then I land on the freeport to the east and lastly I land on the planet and then I'm confronted by the police.
I chose to steel the police viper  after it said if I land on any human planet I would be arrested.
is the mission broken?

2019-01-27 12:38:02

Why do I feel like a minority in my adder?  Everyone else is talking about getting geckos and the like, but I honestly haven't seen a reason to upgrade.  The steering in adders and sidewinders seem, to me, at least, to make up for slower speeds.  I can take down enemies with ease in this thing, even the bigger stuff!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2019-01-27 21:20:29 (edited by nolly 2019-01-28 21:24:49)

It's really just opinion to which ship you prefer, but for me owning the Gecko  over say an Adder is like owning a lawn mower with drive assist and a grass catcher. You don't need them to mow your lawn, but it makes the task faster with a bit of less work.

2019-01-28 02:14:48

Yeah, I'm starting to see that.  It really depends on how you want to do things; faster forward thrust and better lasers or just the faster steering, cargo versus speed, hull strength and other variables.  I traded in the adder for a cobra because I had the cred, saving the game along the way just in case I actually ended up not liking it or something, but found it was a rather nice little change.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.