2019-01-25 21:57:40 (edited by Kostiantyn 2020-06-20 21:24:55)

Dear community!
I would like to offer for your attention my new audio game - Two Steps.
The game consists of 50 unique levels, each one is a labyrinth that you need to go through focused only on hearing! In passing the labyrinth will help the blizzard, the closer you are to the exit, so it is weaker. As well as the ice from which the passages in labyrinth consist of.
Ice serves as a guide, use it carefully, as you can fall under it.
Play, have fun and share your reviews as your opinions are very important fo improving the game in future.

How do you play?
Put on your headphones and use your smartphone’s touchscreen like a joystick - hold on the screen to control.
To reach the exit - focus on the storm, upon approaching the exit, it dies down.
Be careful on the ice, the louder it creaks - the thinner it is in reality and you can fall.

Link to the full version for iOS:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1518850428

Link to the version for Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … osteps.com

Link to the Demo and full PC versions:
https://evi1ove.itch.io/2steps

2019-01-25 22:03:14

When is the iOS version supposed to be released?

2019-01-25 22:16:32

Erick wrote:

When is the iOS version supposed to be released?

Thank you for your interest to my game. IOS development is a novelty for me, so I think it will be  in a month. I will notify you about this.

2019-01-26 00:27:40

Sounds nice but I am waiting for the IOS release. smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2019-01-26 05:34:02

I've had this for a couple weeks now and find it a bit confusing. Firstly, it feels like I can walk infinitely in any direction, and that makes a maze game a chore to navigate. Because the footsteps don't stop, I don't know if I've reached a boundary til I turn the other way and fall through the ice. Secondly, the storm doesn't seem to fade with consistency, so its hard to tell where an exit is. I propose giving the exit its own sound. Lastly, the volume of the ambience feels like it is twice as loud as the spoken instruction. Aside from those issues, I am interested in seeing where this will go.

2019-01-26 16:39:30

KenshiraTheTrinity wrote:

I've had this for a couple weeks now and find it a bit confusing. Firstly, it feels like I can walk infinitely in any direction, and that makes a maze game a chore to navigate. Because the footsteps don't stop, I don't know if I've reached a boundary til I turn the other way and fall through the ice. Secondly, the storm doesn't seem to fade with consistency, so its hard to tell where an exit is. I propose giving the exit its own sound. Lastly, the volume of the ambience feels like it is twice as loud as the spoken instruction. Aside from those issues, I am interested in seeing where this will go.

Thank you for playing my game.
You're right.
As for the sound, an update will be released tonight, which will add a smooth fading of the blizzard and increase the volume of the text.
As for navigation, I understand the complexity, but this is part of the gameplay and I do not know how to change it yet. In a classic labyrinth there are walls and a passage between them. And in my game - the role of the walls replaced the ice.  And the steps cannot stop as there is nothing to rest on. From the passage you go to the ice and walk on it, as soon as it becomes thin, you fall through. I will think what can be done and how to resolve this situation. As an option it is possible to add additional walls at key points about which you can rest and the steps will stop. Then it becomes clear that there is no need to go in this direction.

2019-02-08 18:03:36

Dear community!
New version of the game that fixes problems with navigation and facilitates the game in general is already available. Walls were added at key locations while playing became easier and more exciting. No more feeling of endless walking!

2019-02-08 18:37:14

hi
I'll put this game on my android device and will play it: thanks a lot for shairing it!

2019-02-08 20:00:03

I just went back to try the game again. It is definitely more playable now. The only thing I have left to suggest is that the sound of the ice cracking be positioned in the stereo field to where the ice will break if you step in that direction. For example, if I walk forward and a patch of thin ice is to my right or left, then I would hear the cracking sound from either of those directions and know not to step in those directions. If the sound is in front then I would know to sidestep or go back where it is safe. If paches of thin ice are on both sides at the same time then you could have the sounds play for each thin patch at the appropriate distance and side.

There are not a lot of accessible maze games on android, so I am happy to see this one grow.

2019-02-09 11:03:57

KenshiraTheTrinity wrote:

I just went back to try the game again. It is definitely more playable now. The only thing I have left to suggest is that the sound of the ice cracking be positioned in the stereo field to where the ice will break if you step in that direction. For example, if I walk forward and a patch of thin ice is to my right or left, then I would hear the cracking sound from either of those directions and know not to step in those directions. If the sound is in front then I would know to sidestep or go back where it is safe. If paches of thin ice are on both sides at the same time then you could have the sounds play for each thin patch at the appropriate distance and side.

There are not a lot of accessible maze games on android, so I am happy to see this one grow.

I have thought about it. I will try to cope with it and add this in the next update.

2019-02-14 16:57:24

Dear community!
New version of the game that added stereo sound of ice cracking is already available.

2019-02-19 04:05:48

Nice work Kostiantyn!
We need more audio games for the Android, and it's awesome that you are so willing to work with feedback and make meaningful updates.

2020-06-20 21:26:21

Dear community!
I’ve released a version for iOS:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1518850428

And version for Windows:
https://evi1ove.itch.io/2steps
There is a free Demo.

2020-06-20 23:04:46

This game does sound interesting, however what is the objective? Do you just need to find your way out of the maze?

Audio game king

2020-06-21 01:22:23

I'm going to download the IOS version today and check it out.

2020-06-21 08:30:04

wp85 wrote:

This game does sound interesting, however what is the objective? Do you just need to find your way out of the maze?

Yes, the goal of each level is to get out of the storm through the maze. I plan to vary the game by adding an alternative game mode, which includes collecting items and escaping from enemies along with a leaderboard for this mode.

2020-06-21 08:31:16

Appleman wrote:

I'm going to download the IOS version today and check it out.

I hope you will enjoy the game as it is quite confusing and hardcore.
Big update for Doing It Right will coming soon. New instructions, chapters, endless mode remake and achievements with leaderbord.

2020-06-21 11:53:35

It's a nice game. I've made it through a few levels so far. Looking forward to the updates for this game and "Doing it Right".