2019-01-25 21:55:29

i'll pass this all on. i'm hoping i can get someone to help here.

2019-01-25 22:03:42

Hi.
Yeah that would be quite awesome actually.

i think with comunity input and the help of Bernd, this could be something fantastic if it all works out.

i really wish that one to be playable, always wanted to have a space sandbox with this kind of varying economy.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-01-25 22:06:45

I'm wondering if this game could eventually support the tolc library, for menus and such.

2019-01-25 22:09:53

Aaron,

That would be awesome if it could happen. I don't know how much effort would be involved, since the game engine is presumably pretty customized, but I know for a fact it isn't possible to call external code from the game's providedscripting language. That's not tos ay you can't fairly easily add TTS from the developer side, however.

2019-01-25 22:12:55

well Germany is 1 hour or so ahead of the UK i think and it's just gone 8:00 pm here now so i'm not really expecting any more replies from him tonight to be fair. but thanks to Zac for really giving this a kickstart now hopefully we can get things progressing far further.

2019-01-25 22:14:45

Yeah. I mean, in my dreams, we'd get full TTS support or at least better audio output, but given it's an old title I'm not sure how likely that is. Still, I remain optimistic and hopeful.

2019-01-25 22:20:12

well i guess we'll have to see. either way you've proven my point that i actually made to Bernd around a year ago when i said that the key to making the x-series of games accessible is through it's scripting ability. not being able to code in any way i new i couldn't bring that about but i could easily see the potential for it to work and you've gone and proven it.

2019-01-25 22:28:51

Hi.
Well in my book personally, we don't need an integrated tts for menus, for me it would be enough if we could somehow hotwire the tolk library into the game, everyone could play with their favorite voice then.
Sure, the audio output from the computer needs to stay, but why integrate an own TTs system and make it harder for the devs if we have a screen reader with a library already?

Greetings Moritz.

2019-01-25 22:33:58

Yeah, the scripting ability really is pretty amazing. The most difficult part is figuring out how to get info to the player accessibly, but you can have the game output pretty much anything to the debug log, as i've demonstrated. The built-in scrip editor isn't very accessible with OCR, but there's an alternative which is great.

2019-01-25 23:19:37

you've found an alternative? how exactly?

2019-01-25 23:37:15

There's a program called X Studeo, which is an external app instead of requiring the game to run. It's very nice, though works better with Jaws than NVDA.

2019-01-25 23:50:07

As an update, someone in the modding community got back to me with a way to automate my trading script and make it a little bit more robust. This is of course not a complete solution to any of the problems, but is a lot better than what we had otherwise.  I will definitely pass on all the details during my stream tomorrow, as the process is a little peculiar, and I want to be sure I have it properly set up first.

2019-01-26 00:23:21

i wonder if anybody from egosoft will watch it.

2019-01-26 03:26:57

This sounds interesting, though I must admit I've never played any of the smuglers games, so the only thing I can relate it to is dmnb. Am I wrong on that? It is multiplayer though like dmnb, correct? I'd like totry it out, only I don't have steam. There's no alternative out there is there?

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2019-01-26 03:28:50

Just to clarify, I mean there's no alternative to steam, right? Or is there? I've avoided steam so far because of the apparent lack of accessibility. I may change my mind if I have to. This isn't to graphically intense though is it? That may be a problem, I don't have much of a gaming computer at all as far as graphics cards go.

2019-01-26 04:48:33

BlindJedi, no, the game isn't multiplayer at all. It's a big single plaer experience with lots of stuff to do, though.It should be available on Good Old Games, try gooling for x 3 Terran Conflict GOG. I think that should have fewer accessibility issues than Steam, though the latter has gotten better at leastThe system requirements are fairly modest, I think any machine from the past few years should be fine.Good luck if you decide to try it.

2019-01-26 05:13:07

Ah, so its like new herisins but you can do more?

2019-01-26 05:34:39

Hi Zkline: Is there a manual for the scripting-language?

2019-01-26 06:14:11

BlindJedi, yeah, it's definitely inspired by the same sources as New Horizons. The amount of stuff to do is definitely larger.Firefly: there is more reference info than a proper manual.  If you Google X 3  script tutorial, you’ll find a decent amount of introduction, although it all assumes that you’re using the games provided script editor, instead of an external tool like I am. The language is… Generally fairly self-explanatory, with a few wrinkles.  I could cover what I understand in another stream at some point, if there is enough interest. Really, the most up-to-date information is on the Egosoft forums, which I highly recommend registering for.

2019-01-26 08:58:53

At the moment i only have x3 reunion here. I am not sure if i can do anything with this. I think i would have to do some missions first before i can do all the freelancing stuff.
And i dont get good results with NVDA-OCR.

2019-01-26 11:12:50

so how are you playing reunion? i haven't heard anymore back from Bernd.

2019-01-26 18:25:34

For what it’s worth, Tc  is an actual expansion on the older game, so the interfaces ought to be at least broadly similar. I can’t think of any  Player who actually plays it, though, the general trend I’ve seen is that it’s much more worthwhile just jumping straight to the expanded version. Hopefully people interested will be able to get enough out of my demonstration today to understand how I’m able to play.  If the game is anything like mine, missions are entirely optional, and in any case a little bit harder for us at the moment, since we can’t see where they are being offered.

2019-01-26 19:23:22

I am not completely sure if i want to spend money for this. But i think i will buy it tomorrow, HAHA.
Question: Is there a configuration-file where i can set the music volume to 0? Or do i have to find it in the game?

2019-01-26 19:27:34

I don't think you can manually set the music volume in a file, at least I haven't found one. THe options menu is reasonably straight-forward. If I do find something I'll let the thread know. THe manual tends to go through menus top to bottom, which is very helpful.

2019-01-26 19:54:23

Hi.
I found the x3 warpack which includes the vanilla x3 tc and an expansion called albian prelude. Would it be worth getting the game and the addon? They are both in one package.

Greetings Moritz.