2019-01-22 22:18:37

Scorpion's spear hasn't sounded good sincethey took out the original sound that was used in MK 2. To date, still the best Mk imo. 9 and 10 were ok, but there was something about that old sound that was just awesome. And I agree with Lirin. This game definitely doesn't sound great... though I personally haven't liked MK hit sounds since MK 9. My favourite set of sounds was from the 3d K games; Deadly Alliance, Deception, and Armageddon. They were horrible games mechanics wise and design wise, but the sounds... they would still be good today.

Discord: clemchowder633

2019-01-22 23:28:16

Eh the 3d mk sounds felt too generic to me, the characters didn't even habe their own voices. Of course men sounded like men, women sounded like women, robots sounded like robots and bosses had their own voices but thats it. Hitting sounds were generic as they came and it wasn't eben in stereo. I think that if no one was using specials in a deception match, it would be difficult to tell who was who if you started watching mid fight. My fav mk sounds sets are from 2 and 3, and 9 and x. Also, scorpion's spear sound was the same from 2 through armageddon, not sure about mk bs dc because I neber played it, but I noticed a difference in mk 9 and now you could hear it flying towards you. Also the spear sound for mk 2 is different depending on which port you heard it on.

2019-01-23 00:26:04

The hit sounds themselves are good, and would've been better if they were used in stereo. They lent more to the martial arts theme that the series has always been based on, rather than the hollywood style design that they are going for now which I don't like. Also, Scorpion's spear sound was different in MK 4. It came back with a slight varation in all three of the 3d titles. And yes, voices and the like were very eneric... but that didn't change until deception. I can tell who is fighting who in Deception, which is when they started giving most characters individual voices, only a few had identical ones. Bottom line, I personally think those sounds were better than the ones now. I could think of some dramatic martial arts fight sequences that could be done using those sounds.

2019-01-23 02:04:21

They are in stereo. I know that the sound system was a bit messed up at the reveal.

2019-01-23 02:08:03

We're talking about the sounds from the 3d games, not the current mk11 ones. lol

2019-03-01 18:52:31

So I'm currently on a mobile so don't have the links handy, but there's been quite a bit going on with this game.
Jade and Johnny Cage have been officially anounced; both of which look far more appearling both in terms of gameplay options and personality than ever.  For example I've never been interested in Jade, but I think she might be my first character at this point. 
More importantly for us, remember the enhanced move commands  were going to be different for each character, thereby being a nightmare for us?  Well that's no longer the case, you simply press r1 or right bumper during or after the move hits.  Thank goodness.

2019-03-01 19:29:03

scorpion's spear sound was the same until mk4. it was something totally different there, but the original sound returned in deadly alliance, and it stayed that way until mk vs dc universe, where it was once again changed. it has changed sounds for each game after that. at least it sounds that way. also mk1 had a really weird sound for the spear depending on the port. same with mk2 as someone said already.

2019-03-01 19:31:59

also I don't even think the genesis version of mk1 even had a sound for the spear.

2019-03-01 21:40:47

me doesnt like jade's new voice

2019-03-02 06:56:12

I don't like Sonya voice. But Johnny Cage they kept the same voice.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2019-03-02 20:37:06

the new female charactor will be kronika

2019-03-04 02:17:59

I think Melena's in as an unlockable character. Love my ravinus goddess.