2019-01-19 22:22:15

Hey,

I used to be a huge fan of Magic the Gathering (MTG) when I was able to read the cards. Is there a MTG game that is accessible ? Is there a similar game that is accessible ?

I already know about Crazy Party, but the card game is more like pokemon video games (not even pokemon card game). I would be great if MTG Arena was accessible, but let's not dream too much.

Thanks !

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ― Lemony Snicket

2019-01-19 23:41:29

I am not aware of an accessible MTG game, however, there is an accessible Yu-Gi-Oh game.  The card database gets updated regularly.  It is your best bet for a proper multiplayer TCG game.
You will need a MUD client like Mushclient or VIP and log into allinaccess.com with port 1234.  Alternatively you can download the client and soundpack at https://github.com/Timtam/yugioh-soundpack/
There is also a soundpack for VIP, but I don't have a link to it on hand.  I am sure you will be able to find it on the topic in the new releases room though.
If you have any trouble with this just post a reply and I will assist.
Hope this is sort of what you were looking for.

2019-01-20 04:37:07 (edited by magurp244 2019-01-20 04:37:45)

You could also check out Aprones [Dynamic Deck Engine].

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2019-01-20 06:11:56

@2, Thanks for the yugi-oh, it looks fun. But is there a way to practice against an AI ? I looked at the tutorial, but it seems outdated, the duel command doesn't seem to exist anymore ? I see Tsp, but there is no way to duel him (I thought it was an AI) ? Also, all the commands I tried to use a public deck (heroes) didn't work.

@3, isn't the dynamic deck building engine used to create CCG games ? I'm looking for existing games, perhaps I misunderstood when I first looked at it.

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ― Lemony Snicket

2019-01-20 09:39:15

That tutorial is a bit dated, I will ask around and see if we can do something about it.  As for the public decks, they do work.  One thing that everyone gets wrong, including me, is that you have to copy the number along with the deck name. when you want to load it.  So if you want to load heroes after creating a room you have to send the command deck public/1: heroes.  I tested it to make sure.

Unfortunately there is not an AI, you have to play against other people.  TSP is always online because he hosts the server or something, he rarely actually plays.  It is very rare that no one else is online.  You must have gone online at an odd hour for there to not be anyone besides TSP online.  I will stick around there for most of the day if you want to see what the game is like and need an opponent to practice against.

2019-01-20 19:19:58

yes we are living in a dream world, there is no mtg accessible version....we only have yugioh and pokemon

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2019-01-20 21:27:54

There's an accessible Pokemon TCG game out there? Where?

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2019-01-21 06:43:00

@smoothgunner where did you found a pokemon tcg accessible game?
Youre crazy my friend jaja; crazy party is near pokemon but isn't pokemon.

So, thanks for the link to the aprone's engine, I have to check it, sound interesting. database of MTG exists alot, so if you can compativilice the db with the game style of mtg using that engine, well. check that can you do with them, jaja.

About the YGO game... is simply a dream.

a @Origine outside the pc do you play MTG?

You can play, marking your cards (or your cards sleeves, that you want) with braille, with the most important data.

I do that for play yugi, mtg, and pokemon. I have decks of all of these games, and is fun. Isn't so dynamic to modify your deck like the non blind people do, but if you know what cards do you want in to your deck, you can build it, and mark, when you're OK with your experiment :3

In my case, I preffer mark directly the cards, because I don't change cards. But, if you want build your deck, but have the possibility to change or cell it after use, mark the sleeves; only have the pcaution of don't put the wrong marked sleeve in other card jaja.

So! that is all!
Bye!

2019-01-21 08:10:42

Yeah i think its crazy party

2019-01-21 19:40:26

I was speaking about crazy party lol.....I wonder, you all think we can make a mtg game with aprone deck engine???

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2019-01-22 05:03:55

I'm checking the DD engine, and... Well aparently that I saw, no.

The engine is created with tther kind of card games in mind.

So, bro, kome on and cry with me. The dream will be reality at some day in the future.