2019-01-20 16:03:29 (edited by pelantas 2019-01-20 16:12:09)

Hi all,

Yesterday my Nintendo switch got delivered together with the game lets play pikachu. Together with some Eyesight i have worked out some menu's and how to use some options. Below will follow on what i have gathered. If this small guide doesn't belong here, feel free to move it, or if you have additions to this information, please feel free to add to it, this is another reason on why i posted it here.

1. When starting the game for the first time:

When you start up the game for the first time, you will notice that as arqmeister said in his topic, that there aren't sounds to indicate that you're bumping walls. when walking to a wall, and when you start walking toward the wall again, sounds of footsteps still sound, which aren't very helpful in my oppinion. When you keep walking into free space, you won't hear the continual of footsteps, so i am still figuring out on how to make navigation easier. I was able to get into mount moon, in which i am quite stuck now, but i will get out of it some day big_smile

2. Catching pokemon

You will notice, that in lets play pikachu and/or lets play eevee, that catching pokemon is slightly different then in the regular pokemon games. You won't weaken the pokemon with your own pokemon, but you throw pokeballs at it, or make it's moot better by giving it berries. Some more like pokemon go, with the exploring of the regular pokemon games. I found it very fun to have my switch on my lab, with headphones attached, and just swinging my arm in an attempt to capture it. I quite like the new system of catching pokemon.

3. Opening the menu
You will discover that each time you open this menu, the focus will be on party, no matter on where you left the menu the previous time you opened it, which makes this menu quite usable.

4 Using the pokebox.

As in the regular games, you will have a pokebox, but these aren't located in pokecenters, but right in your inventory. From this box, you can add pokemon to your party, or send them to professor oak, for candy's which will increase the stats of a pokemon you use the candy on. Follow these steps to open up your box, add it to your party, or send it to professor oak.

4.1 Opening your pokebox

1. Press the X button on your controller, which is the top button on the controller.
2. Move left once and press A.
3. Your inventory will standard open up with the focus on the pokebox, which makes it quite easy.
4. Press the a button, and you'll have opened the pokebox.

4.2 Looking up the summary of one of your pokemon

1. Press the X button on your controller, which is the top button on the controller.
3. Your inventory will standard open up with the focus on the pokebox, which makes it quite easy.
5. press a once more, and navigate down twice, a again, right now you'll hear the cry of the pokemon you have opened the summary from.

4.3 Removing or adding a pokemon from or to your party

5. press a once more, and navigate down twice, a again, right now you'll hear the cry of the pokemon you have opened the summary from.
6. Press b once, followed by a again.
7. instead of navigating down twice, hit the a button to add or remove a pokemon to or from your party.

Note: this requires a slight management from your parts, when you know you have a pidgey on your team, this will be the first pidgey you encounter in your pokebox, so the option will be remove from party. When you have caught a second pidgey, it will be the second one you encounter, then the option will be add to party.

4.4 Sending a pokemon to professor oak for candy

Well, to be frank, who doesn't love candies? So therefor a small step by step on how to send a unwanted pokemon to professor oak:

5. Navigate to the pokemon you want to send to Professor Oak, by following one of the guides above.
6. When you have found the pokemon you want to send, hit a once, navigate up twice, press a.
7. Instead of pressing a constantly, hit the y button, which is directly left of the a button, hit a once more. This combination asked you if you wanted to send the pokemon to Professor Oak, which you confirmed.
8. Keep pressing the a button, till you hear the sound that you received something, then switch to pressing the b button, which is the one directly below the x button, to prevent you lose track on what you're doing with your other pokemon.

5. Your party.

It is quite useful to be able to know on what pokemon you carrie with you and to switch between pokemon if necessary.

5.1 opening up your party.

2. Your focues directly ends up on the party icon, press the a button.
3. You just opend up your party.

5.2 looking up summaries of your pokemon in your party

3. Press a once more to open up the menu of the first pokemon in your party
4. Press a once more, to open up it's summary, indicated by the pokemon's cry.

5.3 Switching amongst your party members

3. Press a once more to open up the menu of the first pokemon in your party
4. Navigate down twice and press a.
5. Navigate to the right as many times as you need to end up on the pokemon you want to switch your just selected pokemon with, press a, and your first pokemon is switched with another partymember.

6. Battles

In lets play pikachu and lets play eevee, the interface is slightly different then on how we are used to. Cause, there isn't a block with for icons, or a block with 4 attacks, no, both blocks are redesigned into lists. So when you want to navigate to your party, hit down twice, and hit the a button, you'll end up in your party. Or for your bag, hit down once, and hit a. When you want to select an attack, which in the original games, was positioned in the botton left corner, you have to navigate down twice and hit a. Cause your attacks are listed now as well, instead of in the block design. Which in my oppinion works rather well.

7. last comments

I have written this in a hurry, cause i have to go in a bit, but for any additions, suggestions, things which should be editted, don't hesitate to let me know in this topic and i will edit it or add it smile

Happy catching all and become the pokemon champion.

Greetz Mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2019-01-21 08:54:01

Hi.
This is a really great start on the guide. Keep up the great job.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-01-21 14:46:32

thanks for the guide, sounds very good to try for myself smile

smile