2019-01-20 22:28:05

I was able to get leaves.
I really appreciate it.
I have another question.
I climbed the mountain for the quest, but it is too cold there.
I always die on the summit.
How should I prevent it?

2019-01-21 00:28:07

If you are waring default clothing, that won’t cut it. Go to the fishing village and find good clothing there. You need snow pance and a good winte rjackit at the very least.

2019-01-21 01:29:31

Can I get that cloth at a clothing store?

2019-01-21 13:14:16

Hi guredora. yes you can get the clothes in the clothing store.

2019-02-05 14:12:05

hi
well, I saw the changelog and wow! grate!
I hope I can play it again after 2 years sad
I'v saw that sounds haven't dicription key: how this mistake is possable?

2019-02-12 05:46:25

could anyone send me the guides to help me play this game better. I know their are some written guides but if  you guise would give them to me, I will be really greatful. also could someone tell me, is their a way to make a bullit.

want peace to be there everywhere around the world also I want an immediate sollution to be given for this war so that the bloodshed could be ended. live peacefully, let others also live peacefully

2019-02-12 13:24:48

hello,
@aryamansingh
no, you can't make bullets you can find them in gifts / survival packs.
also you can find the guides here
http://blackscreengaming.com

2019-02-12 14:08:51 (edited by jacerbt 2019-02-12 14:17:45)

The reason the sounds don’t have a key is because there is  an official license that says we cannot unpack the sounds or get any part of the code.

2019-02-18 16:07:34

Few things in this update:
1. Melee weapons are lagging to a point it is unusable when fighting big animals. I know the dev may have intention to get people to use grenades and such, but not everyone has those, and couple with lots of new animals on the game it is getting to a point of less fun.
2. That look command is very useful. Bring it back until you have something useful to replace it, coz now it's hard to know where players are even on the same map. It is not possible to always use life locater unless your inv is full of bateries.
3. Do not spawn people who died into a large flat muddy nothingness as they sometime come back with injuries which make them unable to walk and you have boars there. It is the same as putting new char into the mouth of lion.

Regarding the stores, It is now more expensive than ever for getting DFC. previously it cost $1.95 for 5 dfc but now it is 2.5$ for the same.
Hopefully Sam is working on some improvement. Every update it seems something good must be taken away or broken.

2019-02-20 21:58:21 (edited by criticview 2019-02-20 22:07:12)

conundrum wrote:

1. Melee weapons are lagging to a point it is unusable when fighting big animals. I know the dev may have intention to get people to use grenades and such, but not everyone has those, and couple with lots of new animals on the game it is getting to a point of less fun.

They aren't that much slower than say picking up wood or clay. Yes, they're slowed down, only because of the fact that it seems more logical that you can't wave a spear twice as fast as you can pick up a blade of grass. Also, it's not impossible to kill animals, it just takes some practice.

conundrum wrote:

2. That look command is very useful. Bring it back until you have something useful to replace it, coz now it's hard to know where players are even on the same map. It is not possible to always use life locater unless your inv is full of bateries.

Flairs are a great help in this regard. Look at someone, and tell them to use a flair, problem solved.

conundrum wrote:

3. Do not spawn people who died into a large flat muddy nothingness as they sometime come back with injuries which make them unable to walk and you have boars there. It is the same as putting new char into the mouth of lion.

That's easy to fix, no problem.

conundrum wrote:

Regarding the stores, It is now more expensive than ever for getting DFC. previously it cost $1.95 for 5 dfc but now it is 2.5$ for the same.

Well, prices went up to discourage mass purchasing, and also because they're ment to be special sort of.

conundrum wrote:

Hopefully Sam is working on some improvement. Every update it seems something good must be taken away or broken.

Compared to the initial release, several things already got fix, and it's not over yet... smile

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2019-02-23 09:06:37

criticview wrote:
conundrum wrote:

They aren't that much slower than say picking up wood or clay. Yes, they're slowed down, only because of the fact that it seems more logical that you can't wave a spear twice as fast as you can pick up a blade of grass. Also, it's not impossible to kill animals, it just takes some practice.

conundrum wrote:

Flairs are a great help in this regard. Look at someone, and tell them to use a flair, problem solved.

conundrum wrote:

That's easy to fix, no problem.

conundrum wrote:

Well, prices went up to discourage mass purchasing, and also because they're ment to be special sort of.

conundrum wrote:

Compared to the initial release, several things already got fix, and it's not over yet... smile

Akilor I appreciate your explanation. If the game has to follow logic, a lot of things aren't suppose to happen, like having dfc and protection from PK. The weapon slowed down meant you could kill some small animal but harder to kill huge animals like boars and bears as they easily outmanoeuvred and attack the character.

Flares are useful no doubt, but they are limited because survival pack now must be taken only in pk map. My point of view is that why something has to be remove if it is working well? I would rather you remove flares since it is not as easy to get.

I accept your explanation regarding the dfc, as it is for Sam to make more money to fun the server. Just that I do not see much changes apart from less downtime compared to before, as the lag still continues from time to time.

2019-02-23 11:43:38

well i believe not being able to use vending machines while PK or jumping from a 500 tile mountain into a water and living  is logical.

2019-02-24 14:24:52

1. not using vending machines when you have pk on is not true. You cn use them, with this difference that if you've used them once, and get out of the portal again, you need to wait a full minute before you can get up there again. This is, so that people, can not keep on pressing space over and over to change between the portal and the machine endlessly, so as not to get hit or to just be annoying.
2. Flairs can also be found in gifts I believe, and survival packs can also be bought with stw points.
3. money from survive the wild is not only for the server itself, but also for sound libraries to add more sounds to the game, in an official, not illegal way.
4. There has been some server maintenance going on yesterday, and it seems the lag is slightly better. Only time will tell for sure though, but it seems a lot better now. Keep also in mind that lag is not only the server, but your internet speed, as well as your location in relation to the server and so on.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2019-04-05 20:39:48

I keep on getting you don't have permission, and then Avast tries to detect something, which results in my desktop icon vanishing. it's really wierd sad

2019-04-05 20:45:12

kb wrote:

I keep on getting you don't have permission, and then Avast tries to detect something, which results in my desktop icon vanishing. it's really wierd sad

Try going into avast settings and add the survive the wild folder to the exceptions, that usually might fix the problem.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2019-04-06 00:02:05

how do i turn off the newbie flag on STW?

2019-04-06 08:10:05

baby wrote:

how do i turn off the newbie flag on STW?

You sure you want to do it though? I'd recommend you do it only once you are completely familiar with the game mechanics.
anyway, to disable your newbie flag press the slash key once to open the chat console and then type /nubie. that's /n u b i e.
HTH.

2019-04-06 08:24:52

okay, thanks!

2019-05-27 22:49:29

Hi. Is the server down or something? I can't log in and when I check for updates it say no updates are available at this time. Thanks in advance.

2019-05-28 02:15:38

Same

I am not sure why do you want to contact me . If you want to do add me on Skype

live:cccefg2

2019-05-28 03:24:19

It works here. Welcome to survive the wild! Message of the day: du to beer bottles being heavily abused, they have been temporarily disabled. they will be re enabled as soon as the bugs are fixed. we apologize for the inconvenience.
Update: I figured I would anounce this here, it's hard to therally test but hopefully, the bug with the stw store that sometimes prevented payments from properly giving credits to players has been fixed, so if you were hesitant to use the store you may want to try now. Apologies, you can blame the developer aka me and his, erm, well, what appears to be somewhat nonfunctional brain.
Update: The life locater will now have a different range for people with and without p, and you also better don't log off anymore when you see someone with p show up in the results. Doing so will allow others to defenatly sneak up on you and kill you without you even knowing it.
Update: planks can now be dropped again, without allowing people to abuse the system.
Update: admins will now be automatically notified when someone is stuck in an unknown area. For the most common places where unknown areas happen, the game will now automatically try to correct the error. If the game can't fix it, you'll have to wait for an admin to fix it.
Update: vending machines have changed. You can now track the portals from the m menu, just as you would normal vending machines. Press space with an empty hand to activate the portal, when you're done purchasing just press space with an empty hand to leave the machine. PK players are restricted in this that they can only activate the portal after waiting a minute, and can't cheat by staying at the machine because there's place to get hit.
change: Baseballs no longer take health when thrown at people.
Change: new recepy for swords. Handle is the same, and you start from bent medal... the rest is for you to figure out.
fixed: you should no longer die when diving under water if you jump from a hie place when you log out and come back.
fixed. no more firing unlimited ammo without having to reload the weapons.
One of the very common questions right now is how to build some of the items needed to heal bones. Some of these are listed here.
To build a cast for arms and legs, combine wood with axe, then short_wood with axe, then short_hollow_wood with towel, and finally uncomfortable_crude_cast with towel. to make a small cast for ancles and wrists, repeat the first couple of steps above, and once  short_hollow_wood, combine with axe to create 2 uncomfortable_small_crude casts. combine this with a towel.
To heel your feet, either find tight_plastic_medical_shoes, or combine a towel with hand to bunch it up, then combine that with either slip_on_shoes or worn_down_slip_on shoes. Then you can use the resulting item.
To heel fingers and toes, combine paper+spit, spit_wrapped_with_paper+string, bound_spit_wrapped_with_paper and hand to create a paper_thumbcast.
Most other things are in the package_of_medical_items in the survival pack. Elastic slings for hands, large braces for ribs, etc.

2019-05-29 09:50:38

I even tried reinstalling the game but no luck.

2019-05-30 17:39:08

joshua.preyser wrote:

I even tried reinstalling the game but no luck.

Are you sure there's no firewall prompt somewhere. Depending on your firewall, you might to search for a while.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2019-05-30 18:27:31

Um, weird. Maybe go in to windows defender firewall and see if the game is allowed.

2019-06-14 18:13:16

I'mve just checked my firewall now and the game is allowed. My Windows Defender is turned off.