2019-01-19 10:56:08

Pontes media downloader has been the best youtube to mp3 or other converter I have ever used except for one thing. The audio  Quality is a step lower then what the video actually was, coming in at 128kbps. Now this is not a big deal for some but I can here the difference between 128kbps and higher bit rates and I need the best quallity i can get for what I'm doing. I have already looked at the audio format box, the formats all have the same thing. Is there any way to change it. Thanks for any help.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-01-19 12:06:35

nope, no way to change it from the graphical interface, at least. Your best bet is to download it as wav and then convert the wav to mp3.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-01-19 17:39:55

I use youtube-dl with the following arguments youtube-dl.exe --extract-audio ---audio-format mp3 <link>

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-01-20 00:20:11 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2019-01-20 00:25:36)

I was considering it, before getting media downloader but found it hard to find any  comprehensive and  at least somewhat easy to understand guide on how to use youtube dl. I am someone who barely knows what command line is, much less having messed with it before. I've looked  at the documentation found on the youtube dl page, but it does not seem to be the best for someone who is just getting started with it and the other things it needs to work. I would need something  a little more basic that way I actually know what I’m doing.   Is any such guide available? Thanks in advance for any help. By the way, I am working with a lot of playlists, and sometimes large files.s

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-01-20 01:55:11

I'd say the simplest thing to do would be to download the original video as is by whatever method necessary, then convert it yourself.  This will help you do precisely that, rather easily, provided the filetype is a recognized video format.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2019-01-20 05:06:00

I think that may just complicate things more in the long run, and then there’s playlists. The thing is it’s very hard to actually find a YouTube playlist converter, or one that works,  at least from my experience. A playlist converter is why I looked in to media downloader in the first place.

2019-03-04 10:44:23 (edited by Manu 2019-03-04 10:44:56)

The v3 of Pontes Media Downloader is available. It is improved in all aspects, you can download choosing the quality.
Nelu Cîmpean re-written it in Java and now is also available for Mac OS X and for Linux.
Try it at:
http://www.pontes.ro/en/scripts/

Emanuel Boboiu
Errare humanum est, sed perseverare... diabolicum.
For other games and programs, visit android.pontes.ro or scripts.pontes.ro!

2019-03-06 19:52:22

I was searching a bid and found YouTube dlg, a GUI version using YouTube dl. The accessibility is cool, but the most important part, the options, are accessible by 50%. You can change everything, but the save option can't be accessed. I tried to change the options in appdata, but it's forcing it back... If someone want to download and try it out, the link is

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8lgehl07n5uf … p.zip?dl=1

check my sounds on
freesound

2019-03-07 08:18:20

you can also use videoder www.videoder.net it's very accessible

My chiptune archive is https://chiparchive.com/files/.
And the new sync key is
BQHTXTVRWGMFSI3BI3ZVQ4TGEOGNJJO64
Twitter is https://twitter.com/thechiptunearc1?lang=en