2019-01-17 23:03:42 (edited by TheBlindSaiyan 2020-06-05 20:40:34)

Hi.
I'm currently, attempting to develop a map for GTAV that will be playable for both sighted and non-sighted gamer's alike.
The map so far will have the player traversing generally strait, in a vehicle of their choice... but don't let this fool you!: because there will be lots of jumps, high speed areas and plenty of chances to perform some crazy stunts and enjoy the sweet sound of success as you pull off countless flips.
As I say, the map is in development, so I just want your impressions of what you think, and if you want to try the map out so far, here is a link to download it.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq83_X7IDYdsg_FHo8M … g?e=fEwXyN

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-01-20 00:01:14

Sign me up!

devin

2019-01-20 12:28:06

Hi.
I didn't know you can create maps in GTA. How is this going to be more playable to blind people than the other maps in the game? How do you, for example, get such map on a console?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-01-20 14:30:58

I definitely wanna try this map out!

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2019-01-20 16:00:15

@Coll Gamer and Speeder... sure. If you wish, you can add me on Skype and I can tell you the requirements and give you the map to try smile.
@SLJ... The tool I use is called Map Editor, which is a mod for the PC version.
Unfortunately, although I've heard it's doable, I can only make the map for the PC version, since modding the console version needs you to mod certain system files, and requires a PC anyway.
As for playability, the map will be designed in a way that the player will only have to go strait, thus not having the fear of crashing into any obstacles that would otherwise stop their progress.
However, as 1 of the elements of the map is car control, you can't expect to just speed across the map in the fastest car going and not lift of the accelerator, as doing so will lead to a very crumpled car and an epic fail smile.
Trust me, you'll enjoy it smile

2019-01-20 16:23:30

What is your skype name?

devin

2019-01-20 16:26:34

Skype name is robbie pennington, email [email protected]

2019-01-20 23:03:42

I'm also up for testing the map

2019-01-21 00:04:45

Glad to see people are interested.
I will start with assisting you guys with the map, along with giving all who're interested the map to explore tomorrow, as it's getting late for me in the UK.
But thanks in advance guys for your interest, you won't be let down smile

2019-01-21 08:48:25

Hi.
Sounds interesting. My computer is not powerful enough to run GTA5, so I'll enjoy some recordings instead. Keep up the great job man.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-01-21 16:51:40

@SLJ... That's cool.
I'm in the process of creating an account for anyaudio,  so should be able to upload some show how recordings any time soon smile.
There is another mod I will mention, called GTAV for super low pc's, which may be able to get GTA playable on your system, with the sacrifice of graphic quality, but that shouldn't be applicable if you aren't able to see smile.

2019-01-21 17:42:13

Hi.
Sorry for double posting, but unfortunately, when creating an account for AnyAudio, they haven't sent me an Email, even though I've tried twice, which means no recordings as of yet sad
However, I have the idea of a Skype group call with all who are interested, so we can all discuss the map and get set up with my help smile
If you're interested, comment here, and we'll arrange a time suitable for everyone smile
Once again, sorry for the inconvenience

2020-06-05 05:06:29

Bump:
Are you still updating this? this in combinaqtion with Liam's mod would be cool; I still have the files for the version you sent me, but they don't seem to work on newer versions of the game; Or I'm not remembering how to properly do it.

devin

2020-06-05 05:37:39

Would definitely be interested in this still

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:
https://discord.gg/2duutDtGFa

2020-06-05 08:52:41

Sign me up.

Best regards: Marco

2020-06-05 08:56:38

I don’t have a skype but please send it to my email [email protected]

Best regards: Marco

2020-06-05 11:23:17

Hi.
Yes, I am still working on it.
I have actually re-written the whole map, which will be compatible for the latest versions of the game.
I'll upload a OneDrive link with the files.
Thanks for your continued interest smile

2020-06-05 12:07:33

o yessss coool if you send the link how to install the map?

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2020-06-05 13:36:34

Yeah, I'll make sure to attach a readme file with all the details.

2020-06-05 13:39:31

i send you a pm

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2020-06-05 14:12:17

good, i want to try it my friend

I like playing games, listening to music and doing everything else
my telegram

2020-06-05 14:55:01

NOTE
Anyaudio is currently frozen. This means that while you can still see uploaded clips, you cannot comment, like, or upload clips, and no accounts can be created at this time. We apologise for this inconvenience.

2020-06-05 15:11:38

Hah that's a shame.
I am in the process of creating my own website, I just need web hosting.
So I will post any clips on that.

2020-06-05 15:43:40

epic's giveaway+Liam's mod+an accessible map=ultra Liamy epicness with no limits! XD

Proud contributor to the manjaro project! www.manjaro.org

2020-06-05 15:56:07

Well, here it is!
Hope you all enjoy, and move it to new releases if necessary smile
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq83_X7IDYdsg_FHo8M … g?e=lXIZVP