2019-01-18 06:09:53

Hey guys. So, you know those headset mics that have two 3.5mm connectors, one for the headphone part and one for the mic? I'm looking for an adapter that turns these two things into one, so that I can plug it into my phone and use the mic I have. In my case I have a pair of headphones and a pair of in-ear binaural microphones. I tried connecting the microphones to the phone and using them by themselves, but it treats them like headphones. Thanks in advance for the help.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2019-01-18 06:16:07

I believe what you're after is something like this. But, I've never needed one myself, so maybe I'm wrong?

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-01-19 06:33:51

I just bought one of those because I could have used it once upon a time ago,

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2019-01-19 07:25:58

I'd imagine they do.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-01-19 08:34:22

You can also get USB sound adapters that take both jacks. That way you could have audio separate from the crackles and pops of most built in soundcards particularly on laptops.

2019-01-19 09:36:20

I’d probably be using this adapter mostly for my blogs, so I’d be using it with my iPhone. I’m pretty sure they have adapters like that for the iPhone, although I wonder if it would be better to get something that hooks into the lightning port or if it would be better to get something that hooks into the headphone jack.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2019-01-19 15:53:42

Hi,

be cautious with the product you want to buy here. You shouldn't rely on a merge connector for your headphone jack, since the official standard for combo jacks (headphones and microphone in one adapter) only features a mono microphone connector, which would limit your binaural microphones to use only one channel, rendering its binaural capabilities useless. You should go for a digital solution which connects to your lightning port and thus can handle stereo headphones as well as stereo microphones.
Best Regards.
Hijacker

2019-01-19 17:10:22

I hadn't thought of that but its a good point, seeing as how the male end of said connector has to be TRRS, the tip for one channel, the one ring for the other, the other ring for the microphone, and the sleeve for ground. There wouldn't be room for a stereo signal

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-01-19 19:30:09

Yeah you'd probably be best goig with a USB based system that will allow you to connect a stereo mic in for that purpose, .   I just needed something that'd let me use an external mic along with headphones/voiceover on my  phone, plus a separate mic/headphones on my laptop, so this works for some people, so it's nice to know it's there, but yeah, about the bineural mics, not so helpful  unless you go mono, which pretty much eliminates the purpose of them.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2019-01-25 18:33:55

if you are going to go for a USB audio adapter for your phone, you could use it, but you wood need the camera connector, witch is a lightning host cable meaning that the USB side is like the connector you see on a computer.