2018-12-26 21:35:40

This game is so addicting! Finally I can play cookie clicker as well!

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2018-12-26 23:44:37 (edited by pelantas 2018-12-26 23:47:44)

HI all,

I am just wondering by now, cause i see various replies of people enjoying the current framework, and i also got an email from someone telling me this, however this framework isn't completely the same as the original cookie clicker or the incremental games in general, should we design a complete new framework for this? Or should we aim for performance inprovements?

This is a chance to help us decide smile

@dark
The current achievements are ranks indeed, there are no full blown achievements coded in yet, cause i first want to see on waht peoples oppinions are before i will make it as equal as the original cookie clicker, with the original upgrades, the original achievements etc. When you get an achievement, you have to press the enter button and the automated baking will continue smile

So yeah, i am very curious in your oppinions guys, should we design a new framework, or should we aim for performance inprovements with the current framework?

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2018-12-27 06:45:10

I love this game but for some reason I reached achievement 9 where I had over 5 million cookies and when I exetited the game it sed that my game was saved but when I went back to play the game it started all over again like I didn't have any cookies at all. so how do you save the game? thanks.

2018-12-27 08:21:36

hello again I figured out how to save my game I had to create a shortcut key of the .exe file of the game on my desktop. so now I can reload my saved game. this games is cool.

2018-12-27 12:30:54

hi, there's just one thing that worries me. Now if this game isn't coded in bgt, this won't be a problem. But from what I know, bgt can only store a max intiger of about 33 billion. But the main appeal of cookieclicker is how you can get astronomically high numbers of cookies, in the decillion range even if you play long enough. Is your game set up to handle such large numbers in the language you're using?

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-12-27 12:42:52

wow. what is this game about

2018-12-27 14:10:02

Do you mean switching game frameworks? If so, I'd recommend you fix the performance first. User experience takes priority above everything. The thing is, ultimately your users won't notice the change in gaming engines, but they will notice that the game isn't eating processing power like a bunch of contending threads. In fact I haven't played the game since that one day simply because of its horrible performance. So take care of that before doing bigger (but more end-user-subtle things.)

2018-12-27 14:20:27

as someone who played the original quite a bit before it became inaccessible, thanks. Normally people would say thanks a million, but thanks a zillian

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2018-12-27 14:36:04

HI all,

@conner

Thanks for pointing this out, i didn't know this to be honest. I will do a few tests to see on how the game reacts to this.

@mohammed

This game is an incremental game, meaning you have to get as much cookies as you can get by just letting it run and purchasing upgrades every so often.

@munawar

Thanks for your advice, i was hesitant on what to do first, but reading your explanation tells me indeed on what i knew already, user experience, thanks a lot smile

@elizabaez

Oh yeah, the original one was fun to mess around with smile I am glad it gives you so much joy smile

I will scroll through the code and see on what parts of code can be upgraded, to make it less cpu consuming

Greetz mike

Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:

2018-12-27 16:02:27

@Mike good to know about the achievements. I heard the achievement music play, but the game window just still said "achievements" I assumed I'd get a message or a rank title or something big_smile.

I can't speak to processor power, but personally I would like one or two changes.
First, the ability to make cookies with a single keypress and for baking mode to be continuous.
Second, the ability to see rank titles or what bonuses are possible to earn, since one of the most fun things in incremental games is always seeing what you produce next.

Third, some different levels of producers for different interactions. I don't know here what the original cookie clicker had, but things like ability to speed up production rather than just buy more units continually, or even make production units to produce different producers, for example maybe you could go to the granny field and harvest more old women to make more cookies for you big_smile.

It is also always fun in incremental games when resources interact with each other meaning you have a bit of balancing to do, to see how well this can go, look at the shark game.

Oh and I'd also be interested in  some different music as I said.

Thanks again for all the work on the game, its definitely an achievement to have the first ever audio incremental game, and as a fan of incremental games I'm really interested to see where this one goes.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-12-27 16:44:59

Hi dark, cookie clicker has a few ways to increase cookie production. For example there are always 11 upgrades for every building that double its efficiency, the curser has a few more for sinergies, then there are multiple grandma types, so oonce you e.g. have 15 factories you can get the "worker grandmas" upgrade, which increases factory production for every grandma you have. The same for 15 banks, where you can get "banker grandmas" etc. Then there are the production multiplier upgrades, over a hundred,  which give you a small percentage boost for reaching a certain threshold of banked cookies. Some upgrades like a few of the curser upgrades are sinergies, so they tie in and get more powerful with other buildings. Finally, there are golden cookies which appear on the screen from time to time and you have to click them before they despawn. If you do, you get either a cookie rain, which dramatically increases your automated cookie production, or you get a percentage of your currently banked cookies payed as a bonus. There are also things like sugar lumps to upgrade buildings, unlocking a certain number of achievements gives you a new level of milk which in turn increases your production with specialized upgrades, and of course you can ascend and spend heavenly chips for cps upgrades and other things.

2018-12-27 16:50:56

Thanks connor, good to know, if only the bloody cookie itself was clickable big_smile.
Maybe some of these, or even different upgrades  could work into the audio version? I particularly like the idea of sugar lumps, and having occasional golden cookie moments would be nice, indeed its odd that in most so called clicker idle games you quite quickly get to a point where you no longer need to click big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-01-14 07:22:06

hello I am using jaws in the game and when I reached a billion jaws wouldn't say numbers over a million how do I set jaws to say the higher numbers thanks.

2019-01-14 22:36:21

Hi,

@catfish

I think this is the problem conner mentioned earlier, it isn't so much of a problem of jaws, but the incabilities of bgt itself. It seems it can't work with billions. I still have to think of a possible solution.

Greetz mike

2019-01-15 00:26:22

Thank you sir So I was also wondering if that is the case after that reaches that time where jaws does not say a billion does it still run and still collect the achievements because I was at 12 and because it did not say that I started over again lol so should I just let it run after that point? thanks for your response and I do like the game though.

2019-01-17 22:42:01

HI,

I honestly don't think so, cause as conner stated, bgt isn't capable of working with numbers past the 999.999.999. So i don't think it will be possible to get the remaining achievements. When i continue work on the redesign of the framework, i will add code so the game can't get past a certain number, and kind of a trade in so you can trade in for example 100.000.000 cookies into a special kind of cookie. I know it isn't linked to the original cookie clicker, but in some cases i have to work around the limitations of bgt.

But i am currently stuck in two online projects, one of which is based on logd, and the second one is based on a mafia script of which we have the source, which probably will become vandettacrime 2.0 at some point, don't know of this second thing yet. I am currently working stuff out with sideweaver.

All in all, lots of stuff to be done for me now, but i am also working with the team to finish beta 3.1 for Your_adventure. So yeah, way to much lol

Greetz mike

2019-01-18 01:47:03

Well as far as the achievements go, even though it does not say billion it does go to the next achievement cause I was on the 12th one and it did turn to the next one so I think you really can still get the rest of them but can't say for sure, until I let it run to see if it continues to go higher on the achievements.

2019-01-19 16:35:39

well the game did not get past achievement 13 after that the cookies went to the minus side so it is like you lost all of your cookies lol Hope this can be fixed in the future.

2019-11-28 22:17:29

hi there,
for some reason the link to the game does not work,
i'm craveing cookies!
Majid

2019-11-28 22:54:40

page not found.
Sounds cool, can't wait to try it.

2019-11-29 00:13:22

Hi,

@youruso,

I am sorry for the errors in the website. Recently i did outfit the website with simple code in php to make editting the stuff easier. But it seems i did forgot a few parts. It is still possible some other errors are hiding. But, as answer to your question smile
The error you encountered is fixed, you can visit the audio cookieclicker page without any trouble now smile

Greetz mike

2019-11-29 23:47:53

Hi, how about you just have the game do the following: When you get to 1000000000 cookies, they all get converted into one megacookie. If bgt can do decimal numbers, you could have, for example, 1 megacookie and 500000000 regular cookies represented as 1.5 megacookies. Gaining so much production you get to 1000000000 megacookies would unlock gigacookies, teracookies etc. This way you should be able to get quite far, I mean even the original cookie clicker isn't endless because there's a finite number that js can store (I don't know the actual value but it's pretty high).

2019-11-30 02:34:27

So we can’t play the original, at all, correct?

2019-11-30 07:03:28

oh, don't worry, the number is like 10000000000000000000000000 even on 16bit

2019-11-30 07:05:22

We can hardly. I got someone to get me to the main screen and with my screen reader off i can tap but that's it.