2019-01-18 21:26:03

gamers, a buddy of mine was making a 2d fighter using the mugen engine, to host online tournamentz. sadly he can not find online support so has stopped development. I have asked him to pick it back up, and make a fighter for the audio game community. so first question, do you all even want another fighting game? I want to see if there is any type of demand for this game before he picks back up development. he can put any type of character in the game from street fighter, mortal kombat, marvel, dc, anime, Nintendo/sega, pokemon pretty much anybody. please leave some suggestion below on who you all want in the game, features, music, anything

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2019-01-18 21:36:02

I'd personally love some Naruto characters, main or secondary characters, with their skills and techniques dubbed in English if possible. It would be really nice, since all Naruto Mugen Games are poor in jutsu sounds and voices.

2019-01-18 21:59:06

Hi there!

That's a great idea, I agree with the Naruto characters. I'd like to see some Nintendo iconic characters, maybe some from Sonny to... Maybe a few from Soulcalibur would be great to!
Otherwise, I think you've listed all the games that we wonna see a character from. I'll post again if I have other ideas.

best regards

rubyel

2019-01-18 22:01:52

I would love it!!!!! Here's my want list:
Thor. Rocket Raccoon. Groot. Gamora. Starlord. Iron Man. Captain America. Spider-Man. Venom. Carnage. Galactus. Thanos. The Thing. The Invisible Woman. Mr. Fantastic. The Human Torch. Doctor Doom. Doctor Strange. Rhino. Hulk. She-Hulk. Abomination. Sentry. Magneto. Wolverine. Domino. Cable. Deadpool. Lady Deadpool. Spider-Gwen. Spider-Ham. Doctor Octopus. Kingpin. Daredevil...

You see where I'm going with this.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2019-01-18 22:45:40

How what would the fighting mechanics be like? I'm not so much interested in the characters as I am in its modes and its off and online lasting balue, since it sounds like its going to habe a lot of characters anyway.

2019-01-18 22:54:07 (edited by Honk 2019-01-18 22:56:27)

Hi,

probably an unpopular opinion here:
I was a big fan of brawlers, especially the Tekken series. But I like them for their gameplay, not necessarely for the characters. So just make it not just a button-mashing nightmare and keep every character interessting with flaws, advantages and unique play styles and I will love it.

Don't just put tons of interchangeable characters into it who all feel the same. And I don't like the idea of a weird melting pot for every trademark brand out there. I'd rather have a game with unique characters we can get to know than a poor fan-fiction game-adaptation.

Edit:
Kenshira beat me on this big_smile

2019-01-18 23:04:38

My list:
Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy 7)
Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
Subzero
Scorpion
Almost every mk character, notably subzero, scorpion, Aaron Black...
Ryu, Ken, Street fighter
Snake, Metal gear
fox mccloud, Falco Lambardi, Wolf ODonall from star fox

I'd love to help with the echanics or this game, I'm a vary competitive player and I like to make super complicated things...

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-01-18 23:40:04

Another thing that came to mind:

If you are putting characters from other games into your game, they have to compete with their originals. And they will most likely lose this comparison because you/your friend are a single person instead of a whole company with a quality assurance department and stuff.
So besides you won't ever be able to charge money for your game if you're including trademarks from other companies you also are quite likely to disapoint all the fans you wanted to please in the first place. My advice: do your own thing instead!

2019-01-18 23:49:07

It would be cool to have the different mascots from the different college football teams and pro football teams. Also it would be cool to have the different Christmas characters and the other holiday characters.

2019-01-19 01:08:56

Smoothgunner, correct me if I am wrong, but would this be a fan game and be free? If it were paid, you would have to juggle massive licensing costs, which I don't think would be possible. I'm assuming that this would be a fan game, so I will go from that perspective. Now, before I go on to my want list, the internet Smash player within me requests Waluigi (he has to get into one game) and Geno. But other than that:
1. Mario, if we're talking Nintendo mascots. Also having Link, Samus, people from Smash brothers.
2. Lyn from Fire Emblem: the Blazing Blade. Be interested what her moveset could be.
3. Any character from ARMS, such as Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, or Master Mummy.
4. Master Hand.
I second all the Marvel characters Dragomier stated earlier. And finally, two joke characters:
1. any block from Tetris. Iconic knows no bounds. and[q~.][q~.]
2. Guile's theme.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-01-19 03:55:47

I forgot, you can't have a good fighting game without the Unbeatable Squirrel Girl.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2019-01-19 08:46:42

If I put in some list here, it would be like this:
Geralt of rivia, from the witcher series.
2B, from NieR: Automata.
Sora, from kingdom hearts.
Tidus, yuna, rikku, wakka, and jecht, from final fantasy X.
All the soul calibur characters, including nightmare and inferno.
Goku, gohan, pikkolo, vegeta, freeza and yamcha, from dragon ball.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2019-01-19 10:50:37

Hi.
I don't care that much about the characters, but more on how the game is going to be played, and the accessibility in the game.
1. How will the gameplay be more accessible than a mainstream fighting game? Extra audio? Some speech?
2. Will the menus be accessible with screenreaders?
3. I would like to hear more regarding the online features he dropped. Is the issue in the code itself, or is the issue that he can't find a server?
I look very much forward to hear more about this...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-01-21 00:52:27

I'd definitely be interested in this, I've always liked the ridiculousness of Mugen just for the sheer fun of it.

2019-01-21 19:42:38

guys he sees your responses and is going to take everything into consideration. we will revisit this topic once game progression is further along. thankyou all for the suggestions

2019-01-23 00:06:17

you should put all pokemon

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-01-20 17:45:58

Hi.

I'm silently knocking this one back up here because the idea seamedquite interesting and the topic aint that old just yet.
Was there actually any sort of progression on the mugen game or was the idea dropped?

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-01-20 18:16:53 (edited by zenothrax 2020-01-20 18:17:56)

Simba, why would you revive a topic that is a year old? Most likely this project is dead because nothing has come of it.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2020-01-20 18:42:08

no need to get mad here, it's still a relavent question that he asked.

2020-01-20 20:44:28

oooooo, fighting game with mugen, I love this already! but first I nead to show you all something. there's this mugen game that actually interacts with the screenreader! Only a little bit though, but it's enough to help with making this game a thing! and lastly for online play, you could use Ikmen a thing for making mugen game playable online! and this would actually amek games fun synce mugen is a non profit game enjin. Please, just make this new game a thing! I so, so excited! here's game, for now, it's for screenreader testing with NVDA.

https://mega.nz/#!LopSxDqZ!IaBRtG4yQ37l … gHAksxI-p0

I hope for characters, and for your fighting game can you have dubb voices please? if you want I can help with sounds.

My chiptune archive is https://chiparchive.com/files/.
And the new sync key is
BQHTXTVRWGMFSI3BI3ZVQ4TGEOGNJJO64
Twitter is https://twitter.com/thechiptunearc1?lang=en

2020-01-20 20:46:39

Oh this thing is dead, fuck! why does this thing happen! sad

My chiptune archive is https://chiparchive.com/files/.
And the new sync key is
BQHTXTVRWGMFSI3BI3ZVQ4TGEOGNJJO64
Twitter is https://twitter.com/thechiptunearc1?lang=en

2020-01-20 23:22:07 (edited by Soul Keeper 2020-01-20 23:22:26)

I'm kind of in the original characters camp here. If you're going to make yet another 2d fighter do your own thing, you know? Don't just take characters from 2d fighters people already more or less play fine enough.

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2020-01-21 05:58:29

the dev behind this started working on another project, BUT since there is still some interest, I can always tell him to  pick this back up....and we tried ikmen as far as online play but if I remember correctly there was a big lag issue....but again I will contact him to see if he can reserect the project

2020-01-21 08:05:52

It would be cool to see a fully audio fighting game for the blind.

2020-01-21 17:59:26

hi captin america pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees by

"But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain,
ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker?  Did you ever wonder what
made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him?"