2019-01-14 20:51:26

Hi, I tried to get the dolphin emulator running to play rhythm heaven on. However when I launch the game using the emulator, I can't use the keys I mapped for a and b to start the game. i can only press enter to pause. The thing is, my configuration was set up right, I have my controller in slot 1 set to standard controller, and that configuration is set up the way i want it to be. I tried looking on the dolphin forums, but no one seems to have the problem I'm having.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2019-01-14 21:46:26 (edited by zseli 2019-01-14 22:31:44)

Hi. I had the same issue about 2 years ago when playing Rhythm Heaven Fever myself, although I am using dolphin v4 for the mac, so I am not sure how close this information is, but for the first few hours, I was stuck to using a USB optical mouse because that's what the A and B buttons are assigned to for some reason. But, from what I remember, in the controler mapping dialog for each button, there are a series of butttons like, + plus. & And. |  Or. -  Delete. I had to click the delete button on each one, then click the plus button, type in a capital letter for what I wanted mapped, like X or Z, then clicked apply. The last item in the dialog should now say, bowned controls, 1. And then you click OK. To access this screen in the first place, you have to right click on the control you want mapped, if I  remember correctly.
I hope some of that helped...
Also, one more thing that came to my mind, Maybe controler setting ini files, or whatever they are,  can be transferred between computers? I should stil have mine around.

2019-01-14 21:54:25

I don't think it works that way on windows. When you go into the config dialogue for the chosen controller, you get a bunch of buttons that are already assigned. usually when you press those buttons, next you're supposed to press the button you want assigned to that action. The thing is, i can't even do that. When i press enter or space, left click, or try any other kind of interaction on the buttons, it simply does nothing. I did manage to get into a dialogue that talked about bound controls by hitting an unlabeled button, but I couldn't assign any keys in there either.

2019-01-14 22:21:58

The way to fix it is to reset all mapped settings (there is a button in the controller configuration dialog) and reassign everything from scratch.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-01-14 22:30:48

I found this controler profile. It also has buttons for player 2 assigned so you can play the two player games with one keyboard. Problem is, it links to the internal keyboard of my macbook as a device. I don't know if just deleting that, or loading it would work.
You put this into your dolphin/config directory, not sure what that is in Windows, maybe just the folder where the executable is...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cijds9fgyr68v … w.ini?dl=1

2019-01-15 18:12:15

@4 unfortunately, after clearing everything it simply cleared all the entries as expected, but I still couldn't reassign anything because I couldn't get into the prompt to press the button I want to use to emulate that function.
@5 Even more unfortunately, putting that file into my config folder for dolphin didn't help either.

2019-01-15 18:36:40

One more thing that may work. Have you tried copying that ini into the config / profiles subdirectry? Or is there such a thing? Maybe you are able to select it from within the controller setup dialog. If this doesn't work, I'm out of ideas, I'm affraid. I'll have to look into the windows version and see what it's interface is like. Maybe that may help, too.

2019-01-16 21:05:25

@7 the folder structure of the windows version looks different from yours. In the config directory there are no profiles, just a bunch of ini files. i was able to find something that looked like keybindings in the GCPadNew.ini file, the problem is that even if I manually change them in there, it doesn't work. I looked through all the stuff in that file, but there's nothing out of place. One more thing that I forgot to mention. In the configuration dialogue for the controller emulation, there's an editable combo box called "device". That one either contains my gamepad when it's plugged in (even though that' doesn't work to control the games either), or nothing when it's unplugged. For some reason, it may not be detecting my keyboard properly, even though it's plugged in and I'm using it to type this message right now.

2019-01-17 09:28:26

I think I may be able to help here with this.
Connor, make shore this computer has some sort of mouse connected. Otherwise, Dolphin will not work! I had this issue myself for a while before.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2019-01-17 17:48:53

@9, we've already established that in the drfault controls, the A and B buttons are the left and right clicks on a mouse. But now we don't know if there's a way to reset and go back to the defaults, at least, because Connor's control mappings are all epty now. I sware there was a default button or a reset button or something along those lines... And if there is a load or save button as profiles, maybe just saving the current configuration should make the profiles folder available. I stilll haven't looked into the actual interrface for Windows, yet...

2019-01-17 20:18:08

@9 and 10 my profile isn't empty. It's on the default keymap. I did manage to get things working in that now my device combo box says something about keyboard mouse and d-input =0, and I can actually assign buttons now. But emulated games still don't receive any input, even when going through the entire keymap by hand and reassigning everything.

2019-01-17 21:24:25

OK, now I am confused. This is exactly what I remember when trying Dolphin for the first time, and why I chose dolphin 4 instead of 5. Inputs, no matter how hard I tried, never seamed to go through. I never understood why.