2019-01-13 17:36:52

Ok, so it is obvius that Apple is no-longer concerned about the accessibility of their iTunes software for windows. Don't get me wrong, I love my iPhone. I fill like if Apple wants to make me use their software, it should be usable by everyone. There used to be an accessible version, before Apple had people constantly updating the software. So, My question is, Is there an iTunes alternative that works with NVDA or narrator? Such a  program must be free!

2019-01-13 17:47:34

There used to be hackish methods of getting stuff from PC to phone without iTunes. I remember this back with my iPod touch 3rd gen. I guess what we'd need to know to help you best is, what aspects of iTunes are you trying to fill with other software. If you are looking for one complete package that does it all, I'm gonna have to say no, at least, not to my knowledge. But, there are plenty of software choices to play and manage media libraries. The problem tends to be the way Apple and iTunes locks you out of everything. They've sort of backed off of this to a degree, you can actually get to your media now with readable titles. Before, the folder and file names used to be random hashes. SO it would be work to get everything out of iTunes, and that's assuming that all goes well, and that you won't stumble on some road block I haven't thought of, which is very possible.

Sorry for the long winded post, but I think the issue is a bit more complex than a single piece of software, depending on what you want to do.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-01-13 18:40:41

What I would like to do is look through my list of songs, select a song or songs, copy and past them to iPhone. I would also line to create and sink playlists to iPhone. I used to the able to hit Shift down arrow to select multiple songs, Control C to copy them, and Control V to paste them to my old iPod Shuffle. I could also create and sink playlists this way: I had an older version of iTunes at the time. I would like to have the same functionality to use with my iPhone SE.

2019-01-13 19:46:28

I think if you put music in the Automatically Add to Itunes folder, it will sync the next time you connect your phone. That used to be the case, anyway. I never keep music on my phone, so I don't really know what the best options are, sorry.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-01-13 21:22:07

Sorry, I have no knoledge of any replacements for iTunes, but I do have version 12.7, which has actually been configured by apple to never update itself. This is the version I use, and it's  pretty accessible. It supports ringtone transfers too, which 12.6 didn't. If you want it, let me know. It still works with my iPhone sE

-
That Guy. Serving those people since that time. To contact, use that info.

2019-01-14 09:05:30

Thatguy, could you give that version to me somehow? Thanks in advance.
And post 1, well, i have the same problem, although i use the app called Musicloud to store music on my phone, and it doesn't need iTunes, fortunately. But would be good if i could transfer through that one as well, because then Musicloud wouldn't take this much storage. And would be good to have that 12.7 thing cause as Thatguy said it would be easier to transfer ringtones...

2019-01-14 11:13:42

Thanks for the sugjestions, I will try a sirch for the 12.7 version of iTunes. however, I am wondering if I can find and download an older version of iTunes. Would that work?

2019-01-14 16:48:59

I can upload the 12.7 version of iTunes and send you a link here pretty soon. I would do it now, except for that I ain't got my hard drive with me.

-

2019-01-14 17:20:35

You can
Get an older version of Itunes here.

2019-01-14 18:50:13

There's also waltr2 as an alternative, and from what I hear it works well for transferring to apple devices.
Note that I've not tried it myself as of yet, so can't comment further.
HTH,

Daniel

2019-01-15 02:26:16

Is media monkey accessible? for a long time that was what people always suggested as an alternative.

2019-01-15 07:05:14

{Personally, I grappled with Itunes for two years and then threw it out in 2014 in favour of buying a victor Stream, and I've never looked back.

Firstly being able to transfer stuff just by plugging the victor into the usb and copying, and secondly not having all that artist/album/genre crap, even when I'm listening to audiobooks is well worth having the extra device, and I certainly have no plans to buy stuff through a proprietory service like Itunes or apple music which forbitds me from listening to it on another device, or even owning it.

i use my Iphone for contacts, games, useful aps and many things, but with Apple's media locking policy I just find it far easier to have a separate device myself.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-01-15 11:20:27

i would like an accessible program where i can only transfer contacts and photos from iphone to a pc to import on to a non apple device

2019-01-15 15:33:02

well, if you still want iTunes 12.7, I finally got it uploaded. Sorry for the long wait, my internet uploads at 50 k's a sec.
https://od.lk/d/NTdfNjg4MjM4MjVf/iTunes … update.exe

-