2018-12-01 04:20:36

4.47 11/30/2018
• The footstep sounds now have a higher volume and are no longer as quiet as they used to be (#19)
• When the player presses ENTER on a sound in the "Learn Game Sounds" menu, their last position is retained and the game no longer returns to the top of the sounds menu (#20)
• The "Registration" menu option has been removed since the game no longer runs in demo mode (#18)

2018-12-01 08:04:47

Hi Munawar.
Thanks for updating the game.
I have got a question.
Where does the game saves the speed rate of it's sounds?
I've increased the rait of the speech in the version 4.44, but even in the version 4.46, although I extracted it in ceperat location, the speech rate is still very high.

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2018-12-01 11:16:24

perfect, thanks for updating and fixing bugs

2018-12-01 12:22:46

Adel wrote:

Hi Munawar.
Thanks for updating the game.
I have got a question.
Where does the game saves the speed rate of it's sounds?
I've increased the rait of the speech in the version 4.44, but even in the version 4.46, although I extracted it in ceperat location, the speech rate is still very high.

Hello again.
I have found the game config save location.
It is located in registry in this location:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Treasure Hunt\Config
I have deleted the srate subkey and the speech rate resets to the normal settings.

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2018-12-01 12:25:45

Hi @Adel,
Treasure Hunt saves configuration to the registry. Eventually I'd like to move away from this and use a simple settings file.

You can find it by opening the registry and going to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Treasure Hunt\Config

2018-12-01 13:13:33

Thanks alot Munawar.

Munawar wrote:

Hi @Adel,
Treasure Hunt saves configuration to the registry. Eventually I'd like to move away from this and use a simple settings file.

You can find it by opening the registry and going to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Treasure Hunt\Config

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2018-12-01 14:50:18

Hi.
Thanks for the update, it works great now.
Good work

2018-12-01 21:30:01

Hi @revan and @mojsior,
You're welcome! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

2018-12-01 22:07:22

Yeah for me at least speech rate doesn't seem to do anything but change pitch really...
And still getting allot of error code 0 crashes. I think it mostly happens when walls get blown up? Maybe guards are doing stupid things...

2018-12-01 23:37:52

Yeah, try with 4.47 and see if that fixes the problem. Anything after the first update shouldn't give you a generic error dialog with error code 0 because it comes with proper exception handling now.

2018-12-02 03:12:50

Hi, Thank you very much for the game and the updates. Sometimes guards seem to appear still wich i can't kill. If I throw a poison needle at them, I get an error message. I play on windows 10.

2018-12-02 05:00:16

An error log would be helpful here. Do you have one?

2018-12-02 13:55:41

Here's what I found in error.txt. Unfortunately, the first line is in german:
"Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt."
"   bei th.mainFRM.ProjectNeedle()
   bei th.mainFRM.OMove_Tick()
   bei th.mainFRM.updateFrame()",

2018-12-02 15:02:16

I've gone ahead and created an issue for you here. Please check it periodically for updates. https://github.com/munawarb/Treasure-Hunt/issues/21

2018-12-02 15:41:12

hello munawar,
thanks for the nice update, I want to ask a question:
how to fight with mouce?
I have try many time, but I can't understand how to get down him. hope you will answer me.

2018-12-02 16:08:25

Hi @Farhad Ali Bhatti,
Mouse is a fast moving target. The best weapon is laser gun because it will do the most damage. So when he comes on your square you can hold down the spacebar and do a lot of damage until he moves away.

Another tip is to use the remote controlled missile to fire explosions at him smile

2018-12-02 23:04:59

Thank you Munawar. The error is happening when the game shows a guard wich can't be killed with gun and sword as well, but only with the poisoned needle the error showes up. Maybe that helps.

2018-12-03 14:27:54

Hello. I do not know if this post is here, but I have one problem. I can't play this game on win 10. error will occure. Something is probably missing.

2018-12-04 01:03:25

is their a way to skip the sceen when you die?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-12-04 22:36:20

hi all.
I also, like others there, have a question.
Doo i need to install something additjonal to play this game under wine on mac?
I dont know how it wil work on wine 2.21, but on 2.19 it doesn't, doo i need directx or something?

Proud contributor to the manjaro project! www.manjaro.org

2019-01-04 04:10:27

I cannot play it, this is the error log:
"The type initializer for 'th.DXSound' threw an exception."
"   at th.DXSound.InitDX(Int64& WinHandle)
   at th.mainFRM.mainFRM_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)",

What is missing?

2019-01-07 02:33:10

Hi

First off, I'd really like to thank Munawar to bring back old and fond memories. Even though, I never sat down long enough to beat the whole game, I generally was contempt with blowing up the whole base bit by bit and hear guards mass dying... ahahaha...

Now, after upgrading my system, I'm no longer able to play the game for some reason. This is the text that pops in the window as soon as I press enter to launch the game:

An error of type The type initializer for 'th.DXSound' threw an exception. has occurred. Treasure Hunt can't continue, and a log has been generated.

And this is what the famous error log shows...
"The type initializer for 'th.DXSound' threw an exception."
"   at th.DXSound.InitDX(Int64& WinHandle)
   at th.mainFRM.mainFRM_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)",

HTH

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2019-01-07 07:19:58

Hello,

Download and install Jim Kitchen's Winkit program. It can be found at https://www.agarchive.net/games/kitchensinc/winkit.zip

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-01-08 23:36:15

Hello the read me says to use f4 fo rh the lowering  of background music volume but it doesn't seem to be working.

2019-01-14 21:49:10

Chris wrote:

Hello,

Download and install Jim Kitchen's Winkit program. It can be found at https://www.agarchive.net/games/kitchensinc/winkit.zip

And what exactly is it ment to fix? Any other way i could acomplish the same.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics