2019-01-08 15:07:34

is the serer stil onw or can i not get on cause i was not at home playing at someone else's house and am now home again?

2019-01-08 15:52:04

what's happened the server is offline? is it being restarted or something?

2019-01-08 15:59:37

no its had enough and like the guards it is protesting. I guess we have to actually have to try and live life today sad

2019-01-08 19:16:06

Sorry everyone!  It turns out that around 5am this morning my router died.  I've spent a long time trying to get it working again, but it's seriously just a brick at this point.  It's buried in my backyard now, and the service was lovely... kidding.  smile

I will be running to a few stores today to see if I can find a suitable replacement.  Oddly enough, the last 2 times I needed to get myself or family a replacement router we had to order one online because the stores stocked only a few odd models representing the worst pieces of crap available, or the best.  Fingers crossed that my luck is good today, otherwise we'll be stuck waiting until a replacement arrives in the mail.  Arg, this was not how I thought today was going to start, haha!

Sorry again to everyone locked out of Swamp.  sad

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2019-01-08 20:22:51

good luck with getting the router aprone.

2019-01-08 21:22:04

Hey Aprone.

In the event you can't find a good router locally, and you don't have Amazon Prime, I would be happy to make the purchase on your behalf and have the router sent to you over night, rather than having to wait a few days for delivery. We'd have to establish the details elsewhere, of course, but you and I have worked with money together enough now that I'm assuming you're fine trusting me with the handling thereof. smile Just an offer in case you want that router sooner rather than later.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2019-01-08 21:26:41

Thanks Kai, I appreciate the offer.  I believe I have a lead on the router I want, and will be driving out to that store in the next few minutes.  They claim they have it in stock, which tends to be hit or miss these days, but it's promising.

I decided to open up the old one to see if it was perhaps just a disconnected wire or something, and right away I knew it wasn't going to be fixable.  It stinks of that wonderful burnt electronics smell, so something inside burned out when this thing died.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2019-01-08 21:37:10

oops not good fried electronics that definitely sucks. lucky it didn't take anything else with it.

2019-01-09 13:55:26

so what's happening with the router then is swamp back up? haven't checked today as am charging my headphones up.

2019-01-09 13:58:14

Yep, Swamp is back up and running.  The router has been replaced.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2019-01-09 14:34:03

nice one aprone. so we going to see anything new soon now it's the new year?

2019-01-09 15:05:55 (edited by Aprone 2019-01-10 03:35:54)

*Aprone holds up a finger to convey "wait one second"...*
This is going to blow your mind!
*Aprone pulls 3 small bean bags from a box under the table, and begins to juggle them.  Faster and higher, the flying bags are easily in the top 10 most amazing things you've ever seen in your life.  With a quick gesture, Aprone drops low and pulls 2 more bean bags from under the table and is able to stand back up without dropping any of the 3 bags being juggled.  He sets one on the table but tosses the other up into the air.  Seamlessly the 4th bean bag joins the others, in a whirling display of coordination.  This is truly one of the most amazing things you've ever seen, if not The most!*
Think of a card, any card, Aprone says with a confident smile.
*You think of the 6 of spades, which reminds you of a fond childhood memory you have of a summer spent with your favorite grandparent.
Aprone, while still juggling 4 small bean bags, quickly reaches out to snatch the 5th bean bag from the table, and flings it up into the air.  Defying death itself (well basically), this master of entertainment manages to incorporate the 5th bean bag in with the rest!  All 5 bags swarm up and down, in a frenzied display that brings you to tears.  There is no doubt, this is the single greatest thing you have ever witnessed!
A hand flies straight forward as if to punch you in the face, closing around one of the bean bags and stopping inches from your nose.  The rest of the bags plop to the ground, completely ignored by Aprone as he stands there frozen in place, hand outstretched toward you.  With a small head tilt, he gestures for you to take the bean bag.
You open your hands and he drops the bag into them.
What could this be?  you ask yourself... a small tear in the bag's stitching reveals the corner of a playing card.  You give it a little tug and the rest of the stitches begin to give way.  The card pulls free and you lift it to take a look.  It is a blue draw-2 Uno card, which is essentially the 6 of spades of the Uno world!  You shake with pure excitement!  How could this possibly be?!*
Hooow?, is all you manage to mutter.
*Aprone takes a slow step back, and bows.*
I have been mastering this trick for some time now, he confidently states.
Have you worked on Swamp? you reply.

Aprone's face changes.  Crap!  I knew I forgot to do something!

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2019-01-09 20:30:39

Aha - reading between the lines, there is going to be card tricks as well as dragon racing in the next swamp update.  Is there also going to be a level reset when the update goes live?

Try my free games and software at www.rockywaters.co.uk

2019-01-10 01:58:02

That, Aprone, was the best thing I have read all day!

2019-01-10 03:33:44

Yup! that one takes it for sure!
I couldn't help thingkin' of Motorhead's Ace Of Spades, which would be the juggling music in the background.
Rock on Aprone!

2019-01-12 02:16:37

Hello, I tried to download and play the game but I got "error 52. bad name or number" I tried running the checkup program, but I didn't think I needed to do that since I could already play 2 of his other  games.

2019-01-12 02:47:13

Arcadia, make sure you have the patch.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2019-01-13 14:40:24

Imaginingstuff claps and cheers and  whistles through her fingers!

Then...

She dashes off and digs around in a closet, pulls out a whole world and runs back....

She sets it down and says, "If you can do all that and use proper grammar I am sure you can kill the 'you can't settle a new plot' bug in the single player game of, Castaways II! Please, please, please!

She leaves the world at Aprone's feet with humble scincerity.

A

2019-01-13 22:04:33

Hi Aprone.
I'm still having the issue I talk about in post 3228. I have unzipped the game from a fresh zip file, unzipped the patch but still no sounds at all accept for the menu sounds and the music in the main menu. Any clue on what to do? If not, then I'm afraid Swamp is over for me. I have no clue on what to do when removing the game and unzip a fresh copy of the zip file doesn't solve the issue. The issue started after I updated my windows to the latest version.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-01-14 00:47:27

I have absolutely no idea what could be causing all those sounds not to play SLJ, sorry.  The weirdest thing is that some of the sounds work for you (the menu) but not the rest.  If none of the sounds worked then at least it might make a little sense, but I'm just as lost as you man.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2019-01-14 05:52:22 (edited by flackers 2019-01-14 05:53:17)

This is probably not the issue, but i had a problem with only some of the sounds playing when I first tried swamp. In my case it was because I ran the swamp.exe file straight from the unzipped patch folder instead of copying its contents to the main swamp folder. So of course only the sounds that are in the patch folder would play.

2019-01-14 07:03:40

also could it be a sound driver issue?  yeah copy all the files and folders from the patch across to the main folder and play it that way.

2019-01-14 08:56:40

Hi.
Thanks for your replies. I have copied all the files from the patch to the main Swamp folder, and replaced any files which asked to be replaced.
It might be a sound driver issue, I don't know.
Thanks for your reply Aprone. Maybe a strange question, but could there be logged anything useful in a log file somewhere? I don't know much about log files. I'll see if I can find a USB headset somewhere to see if it's my soundcard driver which got messed up after updating the Windows.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-01-16 14:53:21

aprone, I may have a cool suggestion for questcredits on hc mode at least, would it be possible to trade them for amo, say 500 for 1 credit of course these could be added to the recycle list or  may be traded at the outposts for each different type of amo, e.g. you could trade 1 credit and get 9 mil on m1, 20 cal on m2 etc. I only say this because people have loads of credits now and the lockers are not usable at present, what you think, I don't think it would be that hard to code in.

2019-01-16 14:58:16

it would certainly bring hc more inline with normal in that the ability to buy ammo. although having said that isn't there a potential chicken egg situation? you need ammo to complete quests but without quests you can't buy ammo. however i do like the idea.