2017-01-16 11:38:15

Hi all. I posted this to the Audyssey list before, as the forum was acting weird for me. So now, I get to post it all over again here, for your enjoyment, and hopefully people can gain even more pleasure from their PSP games. So, here we go.
For this, you'll need 3 basic things. No translate addon, clip to sapi, or any other obscure software required! All you'll need is PPSSPP, from ppsspp.org, a game which supports multiplayer, such as Soul Calibur, Broken Destiny, my favorite, Mortal Kombat, Unchained, Tekkon, Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi Tagteam or the Shen Budokai games, and I'm sure BlazBlue has multiplayer stuff too, both Calamity Trigger and the other one I can't remember now. And lastly, an Internet connection, which you might already have if you're reading this on the web. So, for veteran PPSSPP users, follow these steps, new users, launch PPSSPP for the first time, give it a good 20 seconds, and close the program.
Now, everyone, follow along as I guide you down through dangerous directories and all that. In the PPSSPP folder, you'll find a MemStick folder. Go there. Then you'll find a PSP folder. It should be the only folder there, so enter that too. Then, go to system. There, open the ppsspp.ini file.
Now, in this world where true and false, 0 and 1 can be changed with a single edit, tread carefully. This world doesn't take mistakes lightly. But, with my guidance, you shouldn't break things, too badly.
Now, in the ppsspp.ini notepad window, press control+F and search for "network," without the quotes of course. There, change wlan to true, if it isn't already, by replacing the False on that line with True. Then, change the adhock server to False, as it'll only get in your way, and one less process is one less thing to worry about and hog resources. Now, comes the fun part!
In the "system" section, not far down from network, is a line about a pro adhock server. This is the server you'll be playing on with other people, blind and sighted... Well, blind, if y'all come aboard the server. The line will have "localhost" in it now, because it knows no other server to connect to. So, change this line to read:
proAdhocServer = coldbird.net

coldbird.net is the server we'll be using, simply because it seems to be the most popular, and I know of no other. Besides that, it works.
There's one more thing I must mention, and it is that if you want to see what game are active on the server, go to pro.coldbird.net. Here, you'll see the list of games, a forum, a Discord server, which I don't know if the client is accessible, and other stuff about the server. The list of games will have numbers beside them, showing how many people are playing them and connected to the server.
I'm not sure how we'll arange stuff like tournaments, times for playing games and all, perhaps a Skype group or Facebook Messenger group or something, or posts to this forum, although I don't read the forums much, unless I get an email about a forum topic, so we'll have to settle on something for gathering to game online and all.

Okay, now I must stress, for those who haven't done the steps here yet, that setting this up takes less time to do than it does to read, and much less time than it does to write all this. I hope this is useful to someone, and I can't wait to try Soul Calibur's multiplayer mode with other people!

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2017-01-17 08:01:15

With a little polishing, this could probably go in the article room, that way it won't get buried under all the new posts.
I'll probably play with it eventually, but how would you get the games?

Incert a CD, or are they roms, like an emulator?

This is playstation, I didn't think computers could handel Playstation games, even with an emulator.

2017-01-17 08:05:30

The PSP, Playstation Portable, is from, like, 2004 to 2012 or so. It's a lot more powerful than the regular Playstation from 1995 or so. anyways, as an emulator, you use Roms, in .iso format.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2017-01-17 20:54:02

Hi devinprater! I will test this for sure in some days. So keep your eyes open for new players!:-)

2017-01-18 14:50:28

Awesome! Which game will you try it with?

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2017-01-18 16:29:20

of course the best of all! Mortal kombat! And maybe Soul Calibur

2017-01-20 20:47:35

OK, i think i configured everything correctly. But i think i will need some sighted help to create a profile. And also where to find the menu with all the other players. I dont have any experience with networkplaying.

2019-01-10 17:20:11

oo wil test if this thing works on my psp 2004 with 6.61 LME cfw.
And guys, i am not sighted btw, you may thing i am because i am using regular psp but no, i'm not.
Sighted people just teached me how to use it, helped me with LME installation and boom, done.
My favourite game for psp is actually, not mortalcombat, not soul calibur, its GTA liberty city stories! I fucking love this game.

Proud contributor to the manjaro project! www.manjaro.org

2019-01-11 18:30:39

hello
who knows, how to change controls without sighted people?
i'm using v1.7.4

let's rock!

2019-01-11 19:01:39

Currently wifi standards are too strenuous for psp hardware so 8 I don't think it can be done. Not even that old internet radio or skype work on the console for me anymore. And its a bit off topic but how do you even go about finding missions or progressing story or getting from point a to point b in gta lcs? Or do you just roam around the map reaking havoc?

2019-01-12 08:14:05

An update: the Coldbird.net server no longer works, something about domains and such, so there is a list of alternative servers on ppsspp.org under the "guides" link. I use myneighborsushicat.com because it has a web page that has games being played and such, like the old coldbird had. Also, PPSSPP on iOS 12 and an iPhone X R works amazingly!

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2019-01-13 22:08:40

wait how do you use ppsspp on IOS? voice over doesn't read it.
And no, i'm not completing a missions, actually i downloaded a save file and dropped it in my savedata folder on mem stick on my psp, then i'm killing my self and i am near a street, i love to play with cheats.
And guys, if someone from you got a psp with cfw and wlan switch disabled, do you have this strange bug when you click on game sharing but before you doo that you listen to music, play a game or something like that your psp freezes? I'm just curious if i didn't got a virus in something like snes9x , vice or psp2600 downloaded from emu paradise, just dont want to break my second psp as fast as i deed with psp street roflroflrofl

2019-01-13 22:50:36

same question, how on earth did you managed to use a PSP emulator on an iOS device? also, what are the controls?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2019-01-14 01:58:24

Using PPSSPP on iOS is possible, with a game controller. When you open the app, press Down twice, and you'll be in the "recent games" list. To get to "all games," press down twice to recents, then up then right, then X, then down. To navigate either list, press right. If the list gets bigger than one line, go back to the beginning of the list, which doesn't wrap, and press down.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2019-01-14 08:43:57

how did you download the rom files for the games?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2019-01-14 14:54:39

if you dont have windows, romsmania.com.
If you have windows, i dont know because i got a mac roflflflflflflflfl, i wasn't actually downloading roms for psp on winodws, but when you'l try it on romsmania with windows, it wil download .exe file

2019-01-15 22:00:31

You can choose the "more download options" and have it just give you a direct ISO file, so you won't have to deal with junky EXE files. Portalroms is good too.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2019-01-23 01:19:05

and guys, i have a question.
Have you testet eboots on ppsspp?
and how is ppsspp accessible on windows?
and last one, how the heck you get to the multiplayer option in the game?

2019-01-23 02:16:08

For PPSSPP on Windows, you can open a game with Control+O, browse to the game, and press enter.
If using NVDA and Windows 10, press Insert+R and NVDA will OCR the game screen, this includes menus. Which game are you trying to play online?

I don't know how well PPSSPP works with Boots. I'd just use a PS1 emulator with the PS1 games. You can always try them on PPSSPP, though.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2019-01-23 16:20:23

no i'm just interested have you tried emulators or installing a cfw on a emulator, that would be pretty fun to doo

2019-01-23 17:55:31

Not sure why one would want cfw on an emu.

2019-01-24 00:02:01

well it would be fun to see what wil happen