2019-01-12 01:49:22 (edited by Nocturnus 2019-01-12 01:53:22)

That's it!  I'm done!  Just when I thought government shutdowns, temperamental politicians, rocky outcomes for the stock market and nuclear crises and an impending world war III full of Microsoft, Apple, and possibly Amazon and Space-X automatons that would attempt to enslave the human race which would ultimately culminate in the zombie apocalypse just about every news media outlet brings to my attention once a year might have been the biggest hit to my chances at sanity...  I find this happening!
Remember this topic?  Did you read post 14?  Do you remember me saying it was only going to get worse?  Well, it's getting worse!  And now, all it can do is get worser!  And I, Nocturnus, predicted this great catastrophe would end up bleeding our eardrums dry!  I should have bet... I probably would have gotten a million dollars!  Instead, I'm living in a world where baby shark will never stop!
Why oh why, doo doo doo doo doo doo!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2019-01-12 03:06:50 (edited by afrim 2019-01-12 03:08:19)

Hi,
It's quite difficult to make the difference between chalk and cheese nowadays, meaning that it's difficult to make the difference between sane and insane based on how the modern world is constructed. If you remember the Icebucket Challenge, to me personally, it meant nothing; although based on some conspiracies it had something to do with a Christian ritual which I know absolutely nothing about. Anyway, Icebucket Challenge became a worldwide trend; you could see basically any VIP in the East or West taking it, posting the video to Youtube, and then seeing it make the news nationally and often internationally.
This Baby Shark thing has taken a completely new level which I just learnt from your post. It's sad and pitiful, truthfully.
The whole situation is bad, it will grow badder and it'll be baddest if it longer goes on. lol

2019-01-12 04:15:15

afrim wrote:

The whole situation is bad, it will grow badder and it'll be baddest if it longer goes on. lol

I'd like to steal above wording for amusement's sake.  :d

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2019-01-12 08:39:19

fuck everything
that is all

2019-01-12 09:23:29

the world is doooooooomed!

Well seriously, in one way I can agree with the article, its nice that something has become viral that isn't about hate speak, or (given the current climate), about aggressive boosting of some minority or other.

I do like that side of things, indeed I was quite impressed that the Christmas number one in the Uk was actually a rather silly, but well done version of the Jefferson  Aerplane song called "We built this city on sausage rolls"

On the other hand, yee gods this is stupid! I don't believe a song with less than  words and a tune of less than a fourth actually got people's attention, it makes me wonder why I bother to practice music at all if this is an example of people's artistic taste.

Sadly I have heard it said that art which takes people more time to actually grasp is going out of fashion because in the world of instant grattification people are just not being taught to take the time, since capitalism is so bent that everything is based on "buy nnow!you want this now! now now now!" 

and yee gods its depressing!

So thumbs up for the idea in principle, a massive thumbs, and pretty much everything else down in practice big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-01-12 09:59:45

there is no sanity left. but my niece is 4 and mutch as I hate to admit it, I sang the baby shark song with her on Christmas day. I was uncle shark.

what's even more worrying is, I really enjoyed it.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2019-01-12 19:03:26

@Nocturnus
Wow. You seriously had me on the edge of my seat as you built up to that incredible climax. 10 out of 10! While I was disappointed that this wasn't going to turn out to be a politically charged post, I think you did the right thing by addressing an issue that is just as (if not more) of a global threat. I can confirm that this horrible auditory virus has spread to my own household even. I'm left to fend for myself it seems. What are our options? I don't know if there's much hope left for those who are still standing. As pointed out, I can only see things getting worse, so I bid you all good luck.

Trying to free my mind before the end of the world.

2019-01-12 19:59:26

Perhaps we should declare a global emergency of the highest order!  With enough patience and perseverance, we should still be able to reclaim the world from the BS phenomena, but I... I can't do it alone!  Am I seriously going to have to play the last hero?
:d

2019-01-12 21:15:11

i guess you ccould say baby shark is bs...? No? Well it certainly made a splash! o wait that was used in the article, dammit!

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-01-12 22:17:30

A splash is an understatement!  It's a splash with rippling waves that are boiling over under and through tsunamis traveling the vast oceans, rivers, waterfalls and lakes of the world we live in, creating fountains of endless foamy smiles in the todlerverse I've contributed by the simple fact that I'm a dad!